PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like stability or the latest greatest build, even if it sacrifices stability?
Stability! 85 88.54%
Latest Greatest! 11 11.46%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

popssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Just Works 6.1 21055 Rom - Simple, Effective, Fast, Reliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAvAAck View Post
post some pics? I'm interested in trying it out

Pictures added to first post
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by popssracer View Post
Yep, as roguefoxx said, you must install one yourself. I left a browser out specifically because everyone seems to want a different one. Even within opera there are as many versions and betas that people prefer. I personally have Opera for most things and have skyfire installed as well in case opera cannot do something.
in that case u must be in skyfire a lot because I find that there are quite a bit of things that opera can't do.the new internet explorer mobile does more. I don't get why that's not included in this rom as that is the only reason why I would want a 6.1.21055 rom.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

popssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
in that case u must be in skyfire a lot because I find that there are quite a bit of things that opera can't do.the new internet explorer mobile does more. I don't get why that's not included in this rom as that is the only reason why I would want a 6.1.21055 rom.

I'd be happy to make you one with it included, give me a little while and check back, ill post it up there.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/ TP1
Carrier: Sprint

pimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Is there a, "rearrange and remove tabs" on the rom??
Old 04-22-2010, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Update in the works! Nicer taskbar icons, if i can get them to work, and some enhancements to the IE browser included.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

hAvAAck is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to hAvAAck

Does MMS work in this beast?
Old 04-23-2010, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAvAAck View Post
Does MMS work in this beast?

It works for me on my Alltel build, I dont have Sprint, so I can't vouch for that build, but I would imagine it should.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: epic 4g

ashamans is a n00b

i just need to say thank you, i have been fighting this phone for 6 months trying to get things working. i am on my 5th tp and each one is worse than the one before. i installed this and the phone has never worked this good, i love the bare bones slimed down weight reduction sports car rom.

2 things/questions

the service indicater just dot dot dots, anyway to change/fix it so it shows how many bars of service you have?

gps, google maps dosnt have the option in the menu to use gps, so what do i need to download to enable gps(like before i had external gps in my programs group)

thank you thank you x 100
Old 04-25-2010, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashamans View Post
i just need to say thank you, i have been fighting this phone for 6 months trying to get things working. i am on my 5th tp and each one is worse than the one before. i installed this and the phone has never worked this good, i love the bare bones slimed down weight reduction sports car rom.

2 things/questions

the service indicater just dot dot dots, anyway to change/fix it so it shows how many bars of service you have?

gps, google maps dosnt have the option in the menu to use gps, so what do i need to download to enable gps(like before i had external gps in my programs group)

thank you thank you x 100
You're welcome! Im really really glad that my rom helped somebodys phone get back to what its supposed to do. That makes my decision to release my n00b attempt at a rom seriously worthwhile.

As far as your issues go:

1. The signal icon. this is a problem i know about. for some reason, NOTHING i do will fix the stock signal indicator. NOTHING! lol. the best thing i have found to do is install an aftermarket taskbar. tsowens or the gf round one are both nice, but they're colorful and dont really fit with my stealth black metal feel im trying to go for. Im just about to update the links on the front for the newest edition, and i thought i had fixed the problem there, as i found a metal taskbar skin that looks great. It replaces EVERY icon EXCEPT the signal icon... so... *censored*.

2. Im not aware of this issue, ill give it a try and see if i can mess with it. Google maps work for me just fine, expecially if i use quickgps to get the data first. the use gps is now buried inside another menu ("options i think) in the latest versions of google maps, just make sure you didnt miss it in there. Ill do some research and see what i can turn up. You also may need to go into settings and turn the locations button on, if you need instructions for that pm me and ill guide you to it.

Thanks again for your use, and i am overjoyed my rom really pleased someone
Old 04-25-2010, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Also, if anyone has some help for the signal icon dots issue, please assist! I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me how to fix the friggin thing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
21055, 6.1, custom rom