PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

hotwired34 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ROM 3-24-10 Twisted Goodsense Two Sense 2.5 with landscape build 21895

Twisted....are you sitting down....I have a confession to make...while I was waiting for your next release...I CHEATED ON YOU!

I had been using your ROM for 3 versions now and while everything has been great...I was just wanted to look at an ex-rom's thread to see what was going on. I was drawn in by her beauty...her new clothes, sexy body, new abilities and couldn't help myself...I just had to flash her!!
But, the sexy clothes faded and her charm wore off quickly and I found myself wrapped in the same old story wondering how I had gotten there. My battery life was draining, she was unreliable and every time I thought I was getting to know her...she just locked up and I had to reboot. It was then that I realized just how important your ROM is to me. If you could ever forgive me, I would like another chance.

LOL!!!

All kidding aside, I really did go back to another ROM just to see how other chefs were doing and couldn't stand using the phone. One ROM didn't last 30 minutes before I flashed back. Just wanted to let you know that you are still #1 imho.

Thanks again!
Old 03-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

twisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasignz View Post
I'll see what I can do, in the mean time, is there a link to that .cab file so I can give it a shot?
I'm assuming that you want the email fix........I'm sorry but I already deleted it. But, hang in there a little while. I'm sure accessing or someone may still have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwired34 View Post
Twisted....are you sitting down....I have a confession to make...while I was waiting for your next release...I CHEATED ON YOU!

I had been using your ROM for 3 versions now and while everything has been great...I was just wanted to look at an ex-rom's thread to see what was going on. I was drawn in by her beauty...her new clothes, sexy body, new abilities and couldn't help myself...I just had to flash her!!
But, the sexy clothes faded and her charm wore off quickly and I found myself wrapped in the same old story wondering how I had gotten there. My battery life was draining, she was unreliable and every time I thought I was getting to know her...she just locked up and I had to reboot. It was then that I realized just how important your ROM is to me. If you could ever forgive me, I would like another chance.

LOL!!!

All kidding aside, I really did go back to another ROM just to see how other chefs were doing and couldn't stand using the phone. One ROM didn't last 30 minutes before I flashed back. Just wanted to let you know that you are still #1 imho.

Thanks again!
OH MAN!!!! I'm glad you told me to sit down...........I about messed myself.
To think.............You where cheating on me??? After all we have been through!...LOL

Seriously, that was funny!!!!

It's good to hear you came back. That is my goal with these ROMs........People may leave..........But, I hope they always come back...

Really.........I'm a graphic designer. So I could make this ROM just as pretty as all the others. But, all my time is rapped up into trying to fix things or figure out why they are broke in the first place.

Once I get to the point where I believe that I can no longer fix things or they don't need fixing...............I'm gonna make her look pretty again........

IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW SOME LOVE ------>
Old 03-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dasignz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisteddan View Post
I'm assuming that you want the email fix........I'm sorry but I already deleted it. But, hang in there a little while. I'm sure accessing or someone may still have it.
I appreciate it, I am just trying to avoid the hard reset route, I have added a lot of stuff and dont want to do it again if I dont have to, lol. I tried re-adding my gmail, and even tried adding it as imap. I also tried my yahoo email to see if that would work, but no luck. I will wait for the cab, if it don't work, then I will reflash. Thanks for you help. btw, this ROM rocks, best one I have tried out of 5.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro

QwaarJet is a n00b

I thought Goodsense 1.0 was perfect, this one somehow seems smoother/better and even more responsive! Thanks so much Dan, fantastic work! Just when i thought you had squeezed every last bit out of our little touch pro's you somehow manage to give it fresh legs once again!
Old 03-25-2010, 03:09 PM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

stone7187 is a n00b
Cool Re: ROM 3-24-10 Twisted Goodsense Two Sense 2.5 with landscape build 21895

Hey......my Verizon TP is stuck on Please wait, Phone starting up...? never had this problem before...>?
Old 03-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I appreciate it, I am just trying to avoid the hard reset route, I have added a lot of stuff and dont want to do it again if I dont have to, lol. I tried re-adding my gmail, and even tried adding it as imap. I also tried my yahoo email to see if that would work, but no luck. I will wait for the cab, if it don't work, then I will reflash. Thanks for you help. btw, this ROM rocks, best one I have tried out of 5.

Here's the cab:

Here's the registry: HKLM\Systm\Inbox\Templates\IPM\Note

Compose should be: \Windows\compose_note.htm
Read should be: \Windows\read_note.htm.

I had no issue with this for the new version. btw.
Attached Files
File Type: zip email_fix_cab.zip (789 Bytes, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-25-2010, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

brokenlink is just getting started

Quote:
Check your registry entry... go to..

HKLM\system\inbox\templates\note

make sure the registry entry there is:

\windows\compose_note.htm

Make sure that you remove the HTC that prefaces it if it is still there ("HTC_compose_note.htm").
Old 03-25-2010, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

brokenlink is just getting started

Question: are you guys using any kind of back and restore app (other than PIM) to backup and restore your apps and settings between flashes?

I need a solution that will save me from re-installing my apps but also won't reload anything from the prior ROM that will create problems in the newer ROM.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenlink View Post
Question: are you guys using any kind of back and restore app (other than PIM) to backup and restore your apps and settings between flashes?

I need a solution that will save me from re-installing my apps but also won't reload anything from the prior ROM that will create problems in the newer ROM.
This is one of the reasons why I am getting tired of flashing. This is why I decided to stick with one rom and only upgrade when the rom has upgraded. Usually a rom is mediocre, lot's of fixes and tweaks needed so flashing won't be so challenging. The problem is these roms that Twisted's been producing of late is causing me to be reluctant because I'm scared that the new one will be worse than the prior, because my thinking is there's just no way the rom can be better than the one I am on. But Twisted, once again you prove me wrong. Even if there is a way, I'll stick with the long route just in case backing it up will bring over 'germs' from the prior version.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:35 PM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

stone7187 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone7187 View Post
Hey......my Verizon TP is stuck on Please wait, Phone starting up...? never had this problem before...>?
I Just did a Flash Dance and i am still getting the same thing...guess i will just wait it out....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development