PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 06:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

DWhite456 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ROM 3-9-10 Twisted Goodsense LANDSCAPE!! Sense 2.5 build 21876

I love this rom but my battery drains SO fast. It is crazy how fast it drains. Talk time is about 1.5 hours tops and that is with the phone plugged in trying to charge as I talk. The phone heats up like an oven. My phone will go from 100% to 40% in a matter of a 3 hours when idle. Any ideas what I can do as I love this rom but need something longer lasting. I just changed to a different radio to see if that helps any?
Old 03-22-2010, 08:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro on Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

rev800x is becoming a great contributor

My battery does that no matter what ROM I use, even stock. Can only get about 5-8 hours out of it, depending on how much I talk on it.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

twisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwired34 View Post
Twisted,
You know what else I noticed, I think there are a few icons missing from the task bar. The ones that I notice are the headphones icon and the bluetooth icon. I had my bluetooth active for over a week and didn't notice it because I was used to seeing the icon. Do you think you could add them back in?

Also, on the games, if you want...I could cab them up. I had developed a few in-house applications for my job and they got me a copy of WinCE Cab Manager.

Thanks again.
This is a link to tsowens taskbars http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=512971 at xda developers (very good stuff). You will have to do a little reading and research. But there is some very useful info there.

Next release I may try to switch the Icons out for a different set. See if that helps.

Thanks for the offer to help. I have the games cabbed already I will just zip them up and that way everyone can choose what to install. Make sure that if you see noobynoob that you thank him for the games. He is the one that gave me all of the ones that I have loaded into the ROM. Before he bought a TP2 and had to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev800x View Post
I'm having absolutely no issues with the current ROM. I'm just leave as is as long as it keeps working like it is. I've never had this much good luck with a ROM! If ain't broke, don't fix it!
That is great news. Like I've said before feel free to stick with it if you have it set up how you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautdog View Post
Good heavens I love this ROM, but at the same time I am excited for the new one. I think it's just that I love fiddling with my phone - that probably applies to all of us. I can't think of another reason I would bother flashing a new one with this one already loaded and doing great. As was recently said, this has me in love with my TP like never before. I had to do something to keep myself from buying the TP2, as I am totally strapped, and this was the perfect fix...sooo grateful.
Yeah I'm sure we all know what it is like being strapped right now...We would probably all own TP2s!!!!

You are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldag View Post
Thanks, Dan!

I have to agree, Opera 10 is cool, but it doesn't reformat the text very well on a couple of text news sites I read daily, making them difficult to parse. The build of 9.7 you cooked in seems to be the only version that works well. Maybe I'll have to find another source for news....
Yeah I'm having a difficult time with making it the default anyway. I may consider making a link to download Opera 10. Because it will become the default browser once you install it anyway. It may save me a ton of hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhite456 View Post
I love this rom but my battery drains SO fast. It is crazy how fast it drains. Talk time is about 1.5 hours tops and that is with the phone plugged in trying to charge as I talk. The phone heats up like an oven. My phone will go from 100% to 40% in a matter of a 3 hours when idle. Any ideas what I can do as I love this rom but need something longer lasting. I just changed to a different radio to see if that helps any?
I'm being very serious when I tell you this.........I'm not dogging you or your phone. But, if your battery......with this ROM is dropping 60% in 3 hours on idle. I'm sure that you may need a new battery. Or you may need to totally drain your battery. And then do a full charge.

Drain your battery completely...........Like until it shuts off....Then wait about 5 minutes and turn it back on.........Drain it again until it shuts off....Wait about 5 minutes again...Turn it back on...........

Rinse and Repeat this process until the phone will not turn back on.
Then Plug the phone into the charger and let it completely charge uninterrupted.

Hopefully this will help.

IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW SOME LOVE ------>
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

hotwired34 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev800x View Post
My battery does that no matter what ROM I use, even stock. Can only get about 5-8 hours out of it, depending on how much I talk on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhite456 View Post
I don't know, guys....I have had great success with my battery life with this ROM. The only thing that I did was change the data connection from Alway on to enabled (which makes it so that it only connects when a connection is needed). I did this through Advanced Config (had to download it...wasn't included in ROM)
Old 03-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Low battery on this rom - that's like swearing in a church at the top of your voice! Make sure you've done the flash dance when switching from one rom to the next. I can almost put money down to defend that battery last a day with normal use. Anyway, I remember finding my battery to be cooler when I had installed these cabs on an earlier version. I don't even have them installed now. Btw I am on Sprint's latest radio.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro

QwaarJet is a n00b

same, i have great battery life with this ROM myself, i have no fear of it dying on me during the day. Example, right now i took it off the charger 6 hours ago and i'm currently at 80%
Old 03-22-2010, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nahcyrag is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisteddan View Post
This is a link to tsowens taskbars http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=512971 at xda developers (very good stuff). You will have to do a little reading and research. But there is some very useful info there.

Next release I may try to switch the Icons out for a different set. See if that helps.

Thanks for the offer to help. I have the games cabbed already I will just zip them up and that way everyone can choose what to install. Make sure that if you see noobynoob that you thank him for the games. He is the one that gave me all of the ones that I have loaded into the ROM. Before he bought a TP2 and had to leave.

That is great news. Like I've said before feel free to stick with it if you have it set up how you want.

Yeah I'm sure we all know what it is like being strapped right now...We would probably all own TP2s!!!!

You are welcome.

Yeah I'm having a difficult time with making it the default anyway. I may consider making a link to download Opera 10. Because it will become the default browser once you install it anyway. It may save me a ton of hassle.

I'm being very serious when I tell you this.........I'm not dogging you or your phone. But, if your battery......with this ROM is dropping 60% in 3 hours on idle. I'm sure that you may need a new battery. Or you may need to totally drain your battery. And then do a full charge.

Drain your battery completely...........Like until it shuts off....Then wait about 5 minutes and turn it back on.........Drain it again until it shuts off....Wait about 5 minutes again...Turn it back on...........

Rinse and Repeat this process until the phone will not turn back on.
Then Plug the phone into the charger and let it completely charge uninterrupted.

Hopefully this will help.

I have tried numerous rom on this forum. This Rom is by far...I do mean FAR is the best with Battery life. With this rom my phone can last 2 days. Some of the rom I tried before I am lucky if it last one day. I am convince there is something wrong with your battery not this ROM.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Alltel

fjrooney is a n00b

Regarding the comments on battery life, I have had both experiences with the same ROM. First I did the flash dance and the ROM worked very well. I installed a few programs that didn't work so well so I thought it would be a good idea to go for a clean start so I did a hard reset. After that it was like a totally different ROM. Battery life was bad, like the others are saying, and some shortcuts got lost so programs didn't work, settings were different, etc. I don't know why it should make a difference since I was using the same ROM, but it did. I'll try another flash dance and see how it comes out.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

Siq Mawsh is keeping up the good workSiq Mawsh is keeping up the good work

I have always flash danced to stock for updating my ROM and I have never had battery problems.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

brokenlink is just getting started

Battery life seems to be an interesting phenomena with the phone and ROM. Overall I'd say the ROM is much better on batter life than prior versions. It seems that after the phone is full charged, it drops from 100% to 90 relatively quickly but then eventually stabilizes.

Yesterday I took my phone off the charger at about 3pm and now this morning at 7.30 am, more than 16 hours later it is at 50%, which I think, by typical standards, is remarkable. Admittedly there was light use - a couple of briefs calls, email polling through active sync, etc., some web browsing, and a couple mins use of iGO GPS (which btw runs great on the TP).

I had even downloaded a Formula 1 live timing app and played around with it for a bit.

So while I've had the ROM installed for about a week, this definitely the best battery life I've seen in that week. For those with bad life, assuming the battery is still good, take a look in the task manager and verify nothing is running that would drain the battery.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development