PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ROM 2-17-10 Twisted Newsense LANDSCAPE!! Sense 2.5 build 21876

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
Why isn't this thread blowing up? This is the first time I've used a non Nrg rom that I absolutely love. Granted I had to install a few things to make it personalized for myself, but when do you ever not have to do that? This rom rocks right out of the box! It's sense 2.5, it's a stable build, not one of those ones with the start menu on the bottom and the x button that doesnt work, MMS works, this thing furkin rocks! My only gripe is the battery meter, but if that's the only problem then there's barely even a problem. I haven't tested battery life yet because it's been on charge most of the day and I just flashed last night, but I'm about to head to work so I'll report back later. Twisteddan, I don't see any need to update this one at all. I did post a link to the BG4all thread and I can verify that this indeed does work. Keep up the good work and thank you for the great rom!
So this is what a thread looks like when there's hardly any problems lol! I am wondering if people have committed to newer builds, or is it that this rom is really solid. Not much complaints; I can't even complain myself this rom is really good. Excellent work Twisted!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

I installed some transparency mods and also nuepowercpl and nuebattery, and for some reason my start menu is all jumbled up and scrambled when I try and scroll up or down. When I lock my device, the screen dims, and an unlock appears at the bottom left corner. When i tap it, I have to hit unlock again in order to unlock the phone. What do I need to reinstall to fix this? I found transparency mods here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102324. I installed the remove top and bottom curtain and transparent stock clock. Would any of these mess up the unlocker?
Old 03-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
I installed some transparency mods and also nuepowercpl and nuebattery, and for some reason my start menu is all jumbled up and scrambled when I try and scroll up or down. When I lock my device, the screen dims, and an unlock appears at the bottom left corner. When i tap it, I have to hit unlock again in order to unlock the phone. What do I need to reinstall to fix this? I found transparency mods here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102324. I installed the remove top and bottom curtain and transparent stock clock. Would any of these mess up the unlocker?
I do remember once that my start menu acted up after installing nuebattery, but this was on an earlier version. Did you install these things all at once? I recommend that you install one item at a time and note the changes.
See if this 1% battery driver helps you from this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1267447451

Last edited by accessing; 03-02-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

ryanr is a n00b

Verizon MMS problems.

I could use some help. I have a Verizon touch pro, previous user of Mighty Rom and SSK Rom. With Twisted rom, my MMS is not working properly.

I flashed to Verizon stock, then I flashed to Twisted. Then I did an extra hard reset. I have not yet installed any other software.

I went into the Message settings, and changed the server to Verizon. I can send pictures fine, but I cannot receive pictures. I receive a text message, but it will not download the attached picture. After a short while it says "Message receipt failed"

Is anyone else having this problem? Are other Verizon users getting their MMS to work? I couldn't get it to work on Energy Rom either, which is why I flashed over to Twisted in the first place.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanr View Post
Verizon MMS problems.

I could use some help. I have a Verizon touch pro, previous user of Mighty Rom and SSK Rom. With Twisted rom, my MMS is not working properly.

I flashed to Verizon stock, then I flashed to Twisted. Then I did an extra hard reset. I have not yet installed any other software.

I went into the Message settings, and changed the server to Verizon. I can send pictures fine, but I cannot receive pictures. I receive a text message, but it will not download the attached picture. After a short while it says "Message receipt failed"

Is anyone else having this problem? Are other Verizon users getting their MMS to work? I couldn't get it to work on Energy Rom either, which is why I flashed over to Twisted in the first place.

Thanks
I made a fix on this page (post # six forty eight) that got mms to work for me. See if it works for you.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...107393&page=65
Old 03-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

ryanr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by accessing View Post
I made a fix on this page (post # six forty eight) that got mms to work for me. See if it works for you.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...107393&page=65
I tried your fix, no change. I can still send, but not receive. I get an incoming message, but when it tries to download I get an error "Message receipt failed. Try again later." It is as if I have no service, even though my reception is great and I can send messages without problem.

To be sure, I hard-reset my device and tried your fix again. No change.

Thanks though. Anyone else with Verizon specific MMS solutions?
Old 03-03-2010, 01:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanr View Post
I tried your fix, no change. I can still send, but not receive. I get an incoming message, but when it tries to download I get an error "Message receipt failed. Try again later." It is as if I have no service, even though my reception is great and I can send messages without problem.

To be sure, I hard-reset my device and tried your fix again. No change.

Thanks though. Anyone else with Verizon specific MMS solutions?
I am sorry that it didn't work for you. See (post 649) if xmln3x@gmail.com's fix would work for you.
You may have to search around for a Verizon carrier cab though.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

brokenlink is just getting started

Quote:
So this is what a thread looks like when there's hardly any problems lol! I am wondering if people have committed to newer builds, or is it that this rom is really solid. Not much complaints; I can't even complain myself this rom is really good. Excellent work Twisted!
Funny you should mention it...

The last couple of days Google's Active Sync has been malfunctioning on the phone.. but that's a wide spread issue and unrelated to the ROM. But I noticed today that when I received a call on the phone, I had a hard time using the Slide to Answer feature because it was barely visible at the bottom of the phone.

Not sure if deleting my email account had anything to do with it, but I can't see how. Maybe just one of those weird cause and effect coincidences. Then again, I also took Lumos out of the startup folder. Is it possible that might have anything to do with it?

I haven't added any apps or done anything else since the S2A was working fine.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenlink View Post
Funny you should mention it...

The last couple of days Google's Active Sync has been malfunctioning on the phone.. but that's a wide spread issue and unrelated to the ROM. But I noticed today that when I received a call on the phone, I had a hard time using the Slide to Answer feature because it was barely visible at the bottom of the phone.

Not sure if deleting my email account had anything to do with it, but I can't see how. Maybe just one of those weird cause and effect coincidences. Then again, I also took Lumos out of the startup folder. Is it possible that might have anything to do with it?

I haven't added any apps or done anything else since the S2A was working fine.
Lumos had nothing do with the dialer. It has been confirmed that the dialer is quite buggy. Some people including myself have noticed the back button sometimes disappear, some have also noticed that the slide to answer sometimes drops to a point where you cannot slide. The good news is all these issues were addressed. It might be best to browse through the contents of the thread and see what fixes could work for you. Just start from the date of rom and go from there. There were a number of fixes. Also giving you a heads up: Issues with dialer, contact list from sms, mms and a few gps were the major complaints and all were addressed.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

brokenlink is just getting started

Quote:
Lumos had nothing do with the dialer. It has been confirmed that the dialer is quite buggy. Some people including myself have noticed the back button sometimes disappear, some have also noticed that the slide to answer sometimes drops to a point where you cannot slide. The good news is all these issues were addressed. It might be best to browse through the contents of the thread and see what fixes could work for you. Just start from the date of rom and go from there. There were a number of fixes. Also giving you a heads up: Issues with dialer, contact list from sms, mms and a few gps were the major complaints and all were addressed.

Thanks. I've been following every single post in the thread over time. However, I did not focus on the dialer or make any changes since until recently I did not have a problem with the dialer. The S2A drop is a very recent development for my phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development