PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cchris81 is keeping up the good workcchris81 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ROM 2-9-10 Twisted BeginsV4 Sense 2.5 build 21876

I like this Rom, Great work. I do however, HATE the dialer. Is there a reason you use this one? It's been quite some time since I used a ROM that still uses this dialer. The two annoyances are having to press send twice and that dang curtain.

Other than that, I love this rom.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

twisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchris81 View Post
I like this Rom, Great work. I do however, HATE the dialer. Is there a reason you use this one? It's been quite some time since I used a ROM that still uses this dialer. The two annoyances are having to press send twice and that dang curtain.

Yeah, I know. I've just spent more time concentrating on the Sense 2.5 mods and tweaks and cleaning everything up. It's on the future list...........But, for now.........

Hey everybody.

Sense 2.5 2011 packages completely cooked in.........You will now have full landscape. It looks great and I personally think that it works virtually perfect. I also cooked in the COOKIE HOME TAB MOD. It works great. It's only downfall is that you can tell that it was optimized for wvga. The main reason I am cooking it in is because all the mods for the older sense packages will not work with this version. So it's either COOKIE HOM TAB MOD that gives you 48 verses the 6 that you get with the new packages.
Also no BG4ALL mod yet either.

The only downfall is...........There is still no mms fix for htc messaging client..........So we still have to use the old style mms sender.
It's either that or you can have great sms manila client but you won't be able to send picturemail.
I have also fixed the broken links for Internet Explorer and File Explorer.
Also cooked in RSS hub. And going to try to cook in threaded Email (just for you noobynoob).

Running some last minute tests now and will hopefully release tomorrow!

IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW SOME LOVE ------>
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

onemanzu is just getting started

I hate to bring this up, but I finally found a problem. GPS. I cannot get it to work for the life of me. I have installed almost every single fix cab I can find on here, XDA, and google as a whole. No such luck. Hopefully you can find a way to work around this or fix it, I use google maps and other GPS services constantly and it would be nice to have a responsive fast GPS.

Ideas?

The only Rom I have flashed and had quick responsive GPS from is EnergyROM phoenix2. Maybe NRGZ28 can let you in on his secrets?

Keep up the stellar work man.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

twisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanzu
I hate to bring this up, but I finally found a problem. GPS. I cannot get it to work for the life of me. I have installed almost every single fix cab I can find on here, XDA, and google as a whole. No such luck. Hopefully you can find a way to work around this or fix it, I use google maps and other GPS services constantly and it would be nice to have a responsive fast GPS.

Ideas?

The only Rom I have flashed and had quick responsive GPS from is EnergyROM phoenix2. Maybe NRGZ28 can let you in on his secrets?

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying there is not a problem. But, you are the first person to report this. The moment I open Google maps I get a lock within seconds. You might check to see if your google location settings are on. If not I will hopefully be uploading a new ROM tomorrow with the newest packages. Maybe that will fix it for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Touch Pro & Diamond & Evo
Carrier: BoostMobile

Kodak X is keeping up the good workKodak X is keeping up the good work

Well I'm using the lite version and i'm very pleased to say that everything works ok on this rom, only thing that i hate its the clock, it takes forever to display the time and if the display goes off, takes longer, other than that its a perfect rom
Old 02-15-2010, 11:09 PM
N00b
Carrier: Bell

baldag is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisteddan View Post
The only downfall is...........There is still no mms fix for htc messaging client..........So we still have to use the old style mms sender.
It's either that or you can have great sms manila client but you won't be able to send picturemail.
I have also fixed the broken links for Internet Explorer and File Explorer.
Also cooked in RSS hub. And going to try to cook in threaded Email (just for you noobynoob).

Running some last minute tests now and will hopefully release tomorrow!
Well, I can't send MMS anyways, so it would be nice to have a good SMS client, or the option to use one....
Old 02-15-2010, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

brokenlink is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchris81 View Post

I have noticed the double press. However, I have to say that one of the reasons I switched to this ROM in the first place was that the dialer is easy to see, specifically the letters on the keys.

I tried out one of the Dark Root ROMS and the first time I tried to make a call where the number used letters (e.g., 888-SPRINT1) I couldn't see the letters because they virtually had faded into the dark background color. It's something that's easy to overlook until the first time you need to dialer a number that includes letters.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

brokenlink is just getting started
Smile Re: ROM 2-9-10 Twisted BeginsV4 Sense 2.5 build 21876

I have an issue that has been plaguing me forever. It is not related to this ROM or any specific ROM but since I never see any threads about it I am hoping that means others have already figured it out.

It concerns the Gmail app running on Java. When I had a Mogul, the Gmail App worked well to the degree that the text was readable. However, with the TP's VGA resolution, I've never been able to get the app to display a normal (easily readable) font size. Of course, this is in addition to the usual authorization or certification/unsigned app issues with Java.

So, anyone out there using the Gmail App? If so, how do you get it to display anything but a tiny font? Btw, I know I can set up Gmail as push mail, but I dislike outlook mobile. I also prefer not to access Gmail via Opera browser. I find the app gives greater functionality and better access to Gmail features.

It's also unfortunate that Google seems to be increasingly not supporting WinMo with their apps.

Thanks in advance for any solutions. Surely I can't be the only one who uses Gmail.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:36 AM
Lurker

jeffhatton is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisteddan View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying there is not a problem. But, you are the first person to report this. The moment I open Google maps I get a lock within seconds. You might check to see if your google location settings are on. If not I will hopefully be uploading a new ROM tomorrow with the newest packages. Maybe that will fix it for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanzu View Post

Ideas?

I had to change the COM port to the correct setting within Google maps to make the GPS work correctly in this application. You might try that if you haven't.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint SERO

skywing269 is just getting started

Looking forward to the new release, I've been looking for a new ROM to flash to for a while and I think I've found it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development