PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 03:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

migg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122509 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
What ROM and Build are you using?

Flip up on the home tab to reveal the quicklaunch tab.

I flashed sense 2.1, standard rom. 11/09/09 is the rom date, hope that helps.

I usually flash very late at night or early morning, so that I dont miss a call/text during the flash process. If the flash dance doesn't fix it, I can just wait for the new version. Like I said, I really like the rom, so the issues Im having are minor in exchange for the good rom.

Thanks again for putting so much work into this
Old 01-09-2010, 06:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G/Touch pro 2
Carrier: D Matrix / Sprint

cshep is just getting started
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122509 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
I've seen users complain of lag on other ROM's with 1,000's of SMS (still not sure why anyone would need that many) So while emails tend to be larger files IMO you shouldn't see a lag from email load unless your talking hundreds or even thousands (or massively large files (content-wise)). I've had 100+ before without an issue.

It should only be going into Auto Lock if you turn the phone upside down while the screen is on, I *believe* it may not be able to be turned off.
Thanks for your response. When you say upside down, do you mean face down or rotated 180 degrees?
Old 01-09-2010, 08:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dacib is a n00b

[QUOTE=winmonewbie;1473164]I've seen users complain of lag on other ROM's with 1,000's of SMS (still not sure why anyone would need that many) So while emails tend to be larger files IMO you shouldn't see a lag from email load unless your talking hundreds or even thousands (or massively large files (content-wise)). I've had 100+ before without an issue.

Thank you Winmonewbie for your quick reply.
Then looks like I am at the edge. I have 500+ emails and that's only for the last 2 weeks( I have it set to keep last 2 weeks). It's still ok, I am not experiencing any lagging yet. I will keep it like this for a while and see what is the limit before it starts slowing down and post back here.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshep View Post
Thanks for your response. When you say upside down, do you mean face down or rotated 180 degrees?
He means face down, bro.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMayo View Post
He means face down, bro.
Actually I meant 180 degrees on the Y (vertical) axis.

Ryan-"face down" to me means flipping it over onto the screen..is that what you were saying? Does your device Auto Lock this way? Mine does not.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

[QUOTE=dacib;1473487]
Quote:
I've seen users complain of lag on other ROM's with 1,000's of SMS (still not sure why anyone would need that many) So while emails tend to be larger files IMO you shouldn't see a lag from email load unless your talking hundreds or even thousands (or massively large files (content-wise)). I've had 100+ before without an issue.

Thank you Winmonewbie for your quick reply.
Then looks like I am at the edge. I have 500+ emails and that's only for the last 2 weeks( I have it set to keep last 2 weeks). It's still ok, I am not experiencing any lagging yet. I will keep it like this for a while and see what is the limit before it starts slowing down and post back here.
No problem Great to hear that load is not causing any issues.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G/Touch pro 2
Carrier: D Matrix / Sprint

cshep is just getting started

Quote:

Ryan-"face down" to me means flipping it over onto the screen..is that what you were saying? Does your device Auto Lock this way? Mine does not.
Thanks... I actually figured it out when I paid attention to putting it in its case. When it turned 180 degrees it would start the lockscreen slider. The slider is actually cool but would like to be able to manually set how it works. Is it possible to set it to work only with the lockscreen settings and not by rotation? Is there a reg edit to disable the rotation from lockscreen slider?

Last edited by cshep; 01-09-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

bechard is just getting started

First of all, I love this ROM, works great....

Now to my problem:

I am using the latest Skirom 2.5 MaxManilla, and after hitting Titanium accidentally in the Max menu above home, my phone locked, and now seems to be attempting to restart after i soft-reset. Its now at the Ski-rom loading screen and has been for a few minutes.

I tried to hard reset by holding vol-down+ok as I booted, but nothing happened.

Previous to this issue i've used many ROMs and have never encountered anything like this.

Any suggestions?

* Edit *

Got Hard Reset going, now i'm almost done the config stage of the ROM again. I suppose I should advise people not to hit Titanium in the Max menu, as it took out my phone and required a hard reset. (Thank goodness for UC/Sashimi)

Cheers, back on Ski-Rom

Last edited by bechard; 01-09-2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 01-09-2010, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: A bad MoPho...

Boaz65 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

I wondered the same thing; what turned on the auto lock and if it could be turned off. Face down will not activate it, it will only activate on a vertical 180 degree turn of your phone, i.e placing it into your pocket top end down, when you pull it out, the auto lock will be engaged.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: A bad MoPho...

Boaz65 is becoming a great contributor
Smile Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122509 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bechard View Post
First of all, I love this ROM, works great....

Now to my problem:

I am using the latest Skirom 2.5 MaxManilla, and after hitting Titanium accidentally in the Max menu above home, my phone locked, and now seems to be attempting to restart after i soft-reset. Its now at the Ski-rom loading screen and has been for a few minutes.

I tried to hard reset by holding vol-down+ok as I booted, but nothing happened.

Previous to this issue i've used many ROMs and have never encountered anything like this.

Any suggestions?

* Edit *

Got Hard Reset going, now i'm almost done the config stage of the ROM again. I suppose I should advise people not to hit Titanium in the Max menu, as it took out my phone and required a hard reset. (Thank goodness for UC/Sashimi)

Cheers, back on Ski-Rom
+1 on that brother, I found out the same way you did!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3