PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 011010 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackangst View Post
Ive tried 2 custom ROMS now (energy and SKIROM, currently using SKI) and in both instances when I power up my phone (or reset the interface) the weather and time location defaults back to Rose Garden Place Ill. Now, when I go into the weather tab to remove locations, my preferred location (Phoenix) is there, but this Rose Garden one isnt, so I cant seem to remove it. But, on the main weather page, my default location, Phoenix, is 2/2, with Rose Garden Place being 1/2. It wont go away lol. And again this happened on the energy ROM too.

Any ideas?

edit: I have also updated my GPS
If Rose Garden is an option under the clock, did you try removing it there?
This is a total guess but as most of that info is tower related you could try 1) updating your PRL and/or 2) flashing a new radio. Total guess but both are harmless
Good luck.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
If Rose Garden is an option under the clock, did you try removing it there?
This is a total guess but as most of that info is tower related you could try 1) updating your PRL and/or 2) flashing a new radio. Total guess but both are harmless
Good luck.
Yes I have. When I click the clock it has two listed: "My Location" (Rose Garden) and "Phoenix". When I choose remove locations, Rose Garden doesnt appear on the list to remove. When I click rearrange cities, only Phoenix shows up...Rose Garden isnt there either.

Strange, huh?
Old 01-20-2010, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

gorocket1981 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Yes I have. When I click the clock it has two listed: "My Location" (Rose Garden) and "Phoenix". When I choose remove locations, Rose Garden doesnt appear on the list to remove. When I click rearrange cities, only Phoenix shows up...Rose Garden isnt there either.

Strange, huh?
I'm not 100% of what I am saying but it is how I suppose it works.
You cannot remove the My Location entry, in your case Rose Garden. The My Location is automatically determined based on cell networks and antenna placement. If you move in your car with your phone and you run for a long distance, you should see the My Location changing according to your new position, maybe still not accurate.

This automatic process is not always exact as in your case. In my case, it is the same. I am in Montreal and the My Location says Quebec which is like a 2h30 run in car.

What you can do is go in the weather tab and add your real location. Then, go back in the homepage and click in the middle a bit under the clock where you have the clouds. You should see a screen where you can select the location you added instead of My Location. It will always show the weather of this selection. That worked on my side and it is what I do to have the weather accurate to my real location.

Hope it helps.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

msternig is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I have seen the #777 error before on other roms and if I remember correctly it only came up when the device was plugged into the USB.
Is the device plugged in by chance?
No. My phone is not plugged in when these error messages occur (which I know there is a setting in ActiveSync to fix this). Just curious as to a fix for this one small annoyance of an otherwise excellent ROM. Thanks for checking though.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

jasonsf is keeping up the good workjasonsf is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Strange, huh?
I'm in Tucson and the My Location feature works just fine. Is your GPS functioning correctly in other applications? I'll keep an eye on mine next time I'm in Phoenix.

Jason
Old 01-21-2010, 12:06 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

Strange, huh?
Not strange as that is the way it works like gorocket said.
The strange part is the fact that you appear to be getting a My Location for a city no where near you...did I read that right?
Did you try updating your PRL/radio?
Old 01-21-2010, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Waiting to upgrade until WP7 drops
Carrier: VZW

livinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopDawg View Post
I guess I had better slow my roll, I was jonesin that I was < 50mb with sense and some really ghey apps.

livinxtreme2114 - There is a home screen option from maxmanilla to "Go to Titanic", dunno if that would hux a brutha up.

I do likes the ROM for realz, but I am not gonna join in on the sport forkin. A big thanks to ahuskins, for an elevated playa status. And a shout out to Winmobie/Livinxtreme/Root for all of their help pushing to make this a better experience! This team rox!

Hey thanks a lot bro, I actaully ran across that exact file only hours after posting that and have it set on my Send (Hold) button for quick changing between the regular homescreen (without anything) and Sense 2.5 so I can browse the web without all the memory errors popping up. The program is handy and allows you to choose between Titanium, SPB, Sense, or just the regular homescreen.

For anyone else with Verizon that would like to use this app to quickly disable and re-enable Sense for apps that require more memory, I uploaded it below. Like I said, just map it to a hardbutton and you'll really find it useful.

Flash yours and see the difference.
If I've helped you in any way, Please remember to hit the Thanks button.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

iagodfather is a n00b

Hey, It's referring to a place or area called Rose Garden Place Iii in Phoenix, I'd guess thats the tower you're connected to.

Quote:
Ive tried 2 custom ROMS now (energy and SKIROM, currently using SKI) and in both instances when I power up my phone (or reset the interface) the weather and time location defaults back to Rose Garden Place Ill. Now, when I go into the weather tab to remove locations, my preferred location (Phoenix) is there, but this Rose Garden one isnt, so I cant seem to remove it. But, on the main weather page, my default location, Phoenix, is 2/2, with Rose Garden Place being 1/2. It wont go away lol. And again this happened on the energy ROM too.

Any ideas?

edit: I have also updated my GPS
Old 01-21-2010, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

blackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Not strange as that is the way it works like gorocket said.
The strange part is the fact that you appear to be getting a My Location for a city no where near you...did I read that right?
Did you try updating your PRL/radio?

Correct no where near me. I show the latest raidio for Sprint, but havent tried updating maybe I'll try that.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iagodfather View Post
Hey, It's referring to a place or area called Rose Garden Place Iii in Phoenix, I'd guess thats the tower you're connected to.
Hmm interesting

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3