PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

myshinynewtouch is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM and Themed roms - Sense 2.5 - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 05/26/

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
There isn't a quick 123 to really update the sys.
What the easiest thing to do is look in the old sys folder and make a new folder for the new sys.
Make sure all folders match.
Test it and see if it works.
You can also grab sys sorter.
delete all other resolution files you don't need.
thanks root, will look into it, trying to learn now... just flashed my own custom ROM (feel good, even though i didnt do much except to remove a couple of packages i dont use much ).. nice feeeling.. gotta learn that sys sorter thing today...
Old 06-13-2010, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (USC)
Carrier: US Cellular

snipper_cr is just getting started
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM and Themed roms - Sense 2.5 - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 05/26/

I tried skimming back to see if I could find the answer but couldnt.

Root, are you releasing a "final" of any of your roms? I havent been using one for a while now but always loved your roms. From what I've read sounds like you are closing up shop with the TP?

Great times with your roms!
Old 06-13-2010, 03:08 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

That is why I released my kitchen with new updates for all my roms.
Just run the kitchen and select any one of my updated roms there.
I am hoping someone will pick up where I left off.
Everything is there in the kitchen to just select and cook.
No need to learn the kitchen to cook my updates.

Last edited by rootlinux; 06-13-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Desire (Stock 2.2) & TP 2 (Energy GTX)

money711 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Look in the manila home file.
You should be able to change font color.
is that one of the folders or do i just select one of the editiors or something i really am a newbie to this.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:44 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

You will need m9 editor.
Xda has it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:02 PM
N00b

somemorestuff is just getting started

Does anyone know how to kill this annoying screen from comming up?

It pops up when clicking the left side of the top bar and interferes with xTask (I have to reload xHook after Sense loads). The "launcher" (my name for it) doesn't appear to be there when Sense isn't loaded, so is this just something in a manila file somewhere I can delete?

Also, Christian - do you mind looking into this fine line on your sexy slider?

And not really a big deal - the icons don't appear quite right (see "windows" on drop-down slider, and the "searching" icon shows a USB searching instead of antenna searching). Where can I go to fix these?

FWIW - I've also attached the .reg file for how I like xTask to work (5 icons, all the way to the left of the task bar). Just watch the video in the review at the bottom of the wiki to see how it actually works (the documentation doesn't do it justice), but it's the most stable thing I could find to actually close programs by hitting the "X". You'll still have to put a link in the start up folder or check "AutoRun xHook" in the nearly impossible to find settings if you want it to run automatically (I'll post again when I make a cab or OEM for it).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen02.jpg (12.4 KB, 119 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen04.jpg (10.2 KB, 119 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (10.9 KB, 115 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: reg xTask.reg (1.8 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by somemorestuff; 06-13-2010 at 07:29 PM. Reason: typos are for free, embed picture
Old 06-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ... Christian - do you mind looking into this fine line on your sexy slider?
[IMG
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=72178&d=1276462802[/IMG]
I checked it out last night but I am not sure where that line is coming from. I deleted the manilas associated with the slider and the orginal came back. However, the original is a bit bigger and might just be covering that line you see. My guess is that this line serves as a marker for the upper limit you can tap for the slider. I will work on making it large enought to cover the line.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Is there an MMS fix that needs to be done with Root roms? I never had to do it before with older ones.

However, I just flashed a White Rom for the first time. I get notice that there is an MMS waiting to download, but it always stays at 0%. There a fix?

Great rom root! Sorry I waited so long to try a white rom. Only draw back is using it in a dark room is blinding!
Old 06-17-2010, 02:36 AM
N00b

somemorestuff is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipper_cr View Post
. . . I just flashed a White Rom for the first time. I get notice that there is an MMS waiting to download, but it always stays at 0%. There a fix?
I'm using a slightly custom version of whiteroot (seen here).
I've tested sending pics and audio from my phone to myself and from the computer. They all download fine, but sometimes the interface hangs (particuarly with the audio sent from my phone).

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipper_cr View Post
Great rom root! Sorry I waited so long to try a white rom. Only draw back is using it in a dark room is blinding!
Root used to run Lumos in his roms that would help this, but there might have been some BSOD issues with the latest winmo sys. You could also try G-Light, Root didn't really use that though (Lumos was a bit smoother I think)

Last edited by somemorestuff; 06-17-2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Update, Simplified
Old 06-17-2010, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well I just tried again and it still doesnt work - I thought it might have been a network issue (I am on USCC).
I know with other roms, sometimes you have to go in and change a few things to get MMS to work. Is that the case with this?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium