PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 04:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

chirodj5 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 13 09

And since you asked Root, how about ordering the roms with the newest at the top of each category and descend downwards by date. ( or oldest descending to newest)

Only reason i mention this is the 2.1 and special edition category are listed oldest to newset, but the 2.5 category has the newest 2 first, then lists oldest to newest. ( so basically the 2.5 category does no follow the same logic as the other to categories)

please know that anything you ever see from me as a suggestion is just that. they should not be interpreted as criticisms in any way, you asked for input so i am offering mine in the hopes that i might be of assistance to you

Last edited by chirodj5; 01-18-2010 at 04:47 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:51 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 13 09

Will try to finish it up tomorrow.
Lots more I plan on changing and adding.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
You guys take a look at the DL page and tell me what you think.
Not done yet but I think it looks better.
It's is better organized. I like the looks of it. Great Job.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

chirodj5 is just getting started

hey Oditius,

i saw several pages back that you were about to leave these roms do to problems.
did you ever get them resolved. if so what fixed it.

Prior to today, i have never needed to do a flashdance. however, when i loaded the first rootrom i tried, my phone hated it and ran slow and buggy and took forever just to reboot (if it even would reboot) i tried reloading the same rom several times to no avail.

So i decided to flash to the most recent sprint based stock rom with radio, test my data reception and then flash back to roots rom.
this fixed all my problems and now i'm a happy little camper experiencing both the 28xxx and 2.5 versions for the first time. (i have always used 21xxx and 2.1 based roms for stability reasons)

that reminds me that i saw root make the comment he likes to stay with stable versions. i like that concept- some just want to try every new release, but i prefer to only move forward to a newer release when its stable enough for consistent day to day use
Old 01-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirodj5 View Post
hey Oditius,

i saw several pages back that you were about to leave these roms do to problems. did you ever get them resolved. if so what fixed it.

So far no real problems anymore. Root made the ROMs USCC compatible and that was a main hangup. The only problem I have now is with doing the flash dance. I guess it might have to do with the Windows 7 64bit, and maybe the phone too. So now I start in bootloader mode and quickens the pace a bit. But as far as the ROM itself is concerned, it seems very stable and maybe even a keeper. Well at least for a few days.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:42 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Ok guys

Check out the download page and tell me what you think and if you have any problems.
Still not done but it should be easier to use.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

shawty03 is a n00b

Hey I'm running Build 28011.5.5.0 and is anyone else having the issue of the function key not working for the following keys: K[;] L[:] ,(') .(") /(?)

It's working for the number keys.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:50 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawty03 View Post
Hey I'm running Build 28011.5.5.0 and is anyone else having the issue of the function key not working for the following keys: K[;] L[:] ,(') .(") /(?)

It's working for the number keys.
Which rom?
Old 01-18-2010, 02:52 PM
WFG
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC EVO

WFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Ok guys

Check out the download page and tell me what you think and if you have any problems.
Still not done but it should be easier to use.

Nice... Now if we could get our start menus that orginized!!! j/k

Thanks for sharing, great stuff...
Old 01-18-2010, 02:53 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFG View Post
Nice... Now if we could get our start menus that orginized!!! j/k

Thanks for sharing, great stuff...
Will be working on that as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium