View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 08:05 AM
chirodj5
N00b

chirodj5 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 13 09

hey Oditius,

i saw several pages back that you were about to leave these roms do to problems.
did you ever get them resolved. if so what fixed it.

Prior to today, i have never needed to do a flashdance. however, when i loaded the first rootrom i tried, my phone hated it and ran slow and buggy and took forever just to reboot (if it even would reboot) i tried reloading the same rom several times to no avail.

So i decided to flash to the most recent sprint based stock rom with radio, test my data reception and then flash back to roots rom.
this fixed all my problems and now i'm a happy little camper experiencing both the 28xxx and 2.5 versions for the first time. (i have always used 21xxx and 2.1 based roms for stability reasons)

that reminds me that i saw root make the comment he likes to stay with stable versions. i like that concept- some just want to try every new release, but i prefer to only move forward to a newer release when its stable enough for consistent day to day use