PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Herman (TP) = SoOo Sexy
Carrier: MetroPCS

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to I m J James
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Feb 01 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMojo View Post
On the Slimrootrom - what did you "slim" down? for instance, did you remove the weather on the home screen? or was it simply removing apps?
Well he mentioned that slimroot still has sense so most likely weather is still there because weather is sense main feature. And yes slim down meaning he removed apps.

I been busy past few days and I come back and see Rootlinux released so many rom updates!! He really is an amazing chef, now...which one do I try first hehe
Old 02-04-2010, 12:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch pro
Carrier: Verizon

MattMojo is just getting started
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Feb 01 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by I m J James View Post
Well he mentioned that slimroot still has sense so most likely weather is still there because weather is sense main feature. And yes slim down meaning he removed apps.

I been busy past few days and I come back and see Rootlinux released so many rom updates!! He really is an amazing chef, now...which one do I try first hehe
As mentioned/questioned before in this forum, removing apps does nothing for memory usage... and from what I gathered the weather portion had to be added in... so I was asking Root what exactly he did over the previous "slimmed" version - a changelog so to say...
Old 02-04-2010, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Desire (Stock 2.2) & TP 2 (Energy GTX)
Carrier: US Cellular

money711 is becoming a great contributor

i have been using root rom for awhile but i just recently noticed that for some strange reason i can not recieve pictures when i change the server to US Cellular, when the server is set on sprint they come in download fine and i am able to view them. I even tried to change the server information for Us cellular based on things i had to do on other custom roms to get picture mail to work for my carrier still nothing. the message comes in but the picture will not download at all even when i press the download button after opening the message it still never download but i can send them out under us cellular server with no problem.

I think this is weird and all help would be appreciated thanks!
Old 02-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Herman (TP) = SoOo Sexy
Carrier: MetroPCS

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to I m J James

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMojo View Post
As mentioned/questioned before in this forum, removing apps does nothing for memory usage... and from what I gathered the weather portion had to be added in... so I was asking Root what exactly he did over the previous "slimmed" version - a changelog so to say...

( NEW ) SlimRoot21_02032010_21889 Sense 2.1 Build 21889 on WM 6.5. Trimmed down rom. Page pool at 6. OpenMarket is included making it easy to download and install apps to SD card. Light/Fast rom Should be great for VZW users.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO
Carrier: Sprint

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
MaxDarkRoot working perfect with silver theme and 2.7 SE.
Tested Silver and work perfect too =D>
I miss your fantastic Thank You Rom for donating but like you know I like to test all your Roms
Thank you Friend.
JDM,
Could you point me to the differences between cooked in Max and 2.7 SE that you posted? Is there a difference?
Old 02-04-2010, 12:59 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I did remove apps and yes full weather as well.
Weather is still on Home tab but full tab animation is not.
While it was stated removing apps does nothing for memory, it depends on the app.
Some apps load at boot time.
Some apps stay running in memory.
Removing those will save memory.

There are other reasons to trim a rom but eh,
Old 02-04-2010, 01:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
JDM,
Could you point me to the differences between cooked in Max and 2.7 SE that you posted? Is there a difference?
2.7 SE It's the new Max version with out LS for 1921xxx and 19223xxx
Some diferent settings and full screen have more icons with color
Old 02-04-2010, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

supasanch24 is keeping up the good worksupasanch24 is keeping up the good work
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Feb 04 2010

Does anyone have the .cab of the iphone today ui Root has on one of his new roms? If you could post it that would be great.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rcharles is becoming a great contributor
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Feb 04 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by supasanch24 View Post
Does anyone have the .cab of the iphone today ui Root has on one of his new roms? If you could post it that would be great.

I wouldnt think there would be a cab and has to be cooked in therefore the reason for the rom and you would have to flash it. Just a guess though.

Loaded the iroot rom this afternoon. Will play around with it later. Initial impressions are low since it is pretty much just like having your shortcuts page on all the time. Kind of like having weather and clock and such. Will probably end up going back to the thank you rom or try out the new combo rom.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:43 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcharles View Post
I wouldnt think there would be a cab and has to be cooked in therefore the reason for the rom and you would have to flash it. Just a guess though.

Loaded the iroot rom this afternoon. Will play around with it later. Initial impressions are low since it is pretty much just like having your shortcuts page on all the time. Kind of like having weather and clock and such. Will probably end up going back to the thank you rom or try out the new combo rom.
iRoot is sorta a novelty rom.
It does work and is pretty fast.
Was asked if I could do it so I did.
I prefer Sense myself over an iphone type UI but to each their own.
Some may like it and keep it on the device.

If you want to install it as a cab onto another rom then here is the link to original post.
It will take some setting up to make it work.
That is the new version as well.
If I update the rom it will have that version or newer.
The version I cooked in is a version or two below that one because I found it in another thread before I found the original.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium