PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rcharles is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Feb 01 2010

Guess I am going to have to pull myself away from the "Thank you" rom and test some new ones.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Systom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Systom
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Feb 01 2010

Anyone care to enlighten me on how stable root roms are(namely with SMS) and how well it does on battery life before I make the switch?
Old 02-02-2010, 11:42 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

MaxSilverRoot screen shots running in Max mode.

Enable Max 2.7 then soft reset
Enable Pewter Max Ultimate then soft reset

Old 02-02-2010, 11:44 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systom View Post
Anyone care to enlighten me on how stable root roms are(namely with SMS) and how well it does on battery life before I make the switch?
Flash it and try it.
Search SMS and MMS in the thread and read what users have said.
Also search battery life in the thread.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Systom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Flash it and try it.
Search SMS and MMS in the thread and read what users have said.
Also search battery life in the thread.
Oh, I don't come on here too often, but I had never noticed there was a search in thread tab right on up there, I would have done that from the start! Thanks, will check it out now.

EDIT: Unfortunately searching SMS/MMS pulls up EVERY thread since it's in every title, haha, unless I'm doing somethin' wrong?
Old 02-02-2010, 11:53 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

SMS/MMS works on these roms for every carrier.
If it doesn't work right from flash go into message options and choose your carrier.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

rcharles is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systom View Post
Root roms are very stable and messaging works with out needing to add any fixes. You will be very glad you tried it....
Old 02-03-2010, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I'm convinced I'll try 'em out, although I was reading you were uploading the latest, are they up yet?
Old 02-03-2010, 12:10 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

All 2.5 roms are uploading right now so.... wait for it.

MaxSilverRoot has three options in Start Menu/System Tools/Enable Max
Enable Max 2.7 ( Max Manila )
Quicklinks fix ( Never found a need for it but I included it anyway )
Pewter Max Ultimate ( This will restore Pewter/Silver clock and such after going Max )

MaxSilver now has ALL Max options fixed and working.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:11 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

All but MaxSilver is up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium