PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to the-wrangler
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 28 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskydiver1 View Post
using MaxSilverRoot0128_23518 I'm getting a strange bug. Worked fine all last night while partying, got home, plugged the phone in, and missed a few phone calls. It was set to vibrate and ring, and did neither. Soft reset, sense wouldn't load. 2 soft resets later and it finally loaded, and the ringer worked, but reset back to your default modem ringtone.
Update, as I was typing this, I just missed another call! Only knew I missed it because it made the voicemail noise. It does light up when ringing, so it's not a carrier/tower problem, but if you're not looking at the phone when it rings, you'll never know you were getting a call. Going to have to dance to a different rom.
actually just had this happen this morning, im on Baseroot 2.1, and no ring but got voicemail notification
Old 01-31-2010, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Has anyone had a look at the Resco Task Manager that comes packaged with Resco Explorer? Very simple, finger friendly, slick app that works very well with RootRoms once tied to the long press send key. I will look for a screenshot.

Ah. Here it is...

Last edited by fiyah; 01-31-2010 at 05:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 28 2010

That does look nice! I'll have to check it out.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am not tested yet

25 shortcuts for Manila 2.5.1921.1619

just make sure you uninstall any previous Home screen mods and install the 1921 version of the 25 shortcuts and 1921 version of bg4all if required
Attached Files
File Type: cab 25shcut_m1921.cab (173.2 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab AddOn_bg4all.cab (14.6 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-31-2010, 07:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Android
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=623792

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104276

Last edited by jdm627; 01-31-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch pro

MattMojo is just getting started

I have tried both the baseroot rom and maxrootromcombo... first these are incredible and very very polished roms... but for you verizon users its a no go... just not enough ram to use on a daily basis... although they did run well the memory constantly runs out... But that said, incredible work Root... some of the best and most complete roms I have tried!!
Old 01-31-2010, 08:27 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Try changing the page pool my friend.
That should help.

Thanks for the comments.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch pro

MattMojo is just getting started

I have changed them to 6... the rom works, but if you do anything outside of sense such as running album or the like you will get constant out of mem popups... Like I said, everything on this rom works fantastic, but the sense UI (2.1 and 2.5) is just not a good choice on us Verizon users...

Although I'm still playing with your different roms (right now I am trying your titanium only rom) I will just have to fall back to 6.1 + TF3d1.2 -- btw, if there are any verizon users looking for a good and super fast rom, build one with SSK visual kitchen 3.0...

Again, Root, you are the man... these really are the most polished roms I have tried; as everything works as intended -- I just wish I didn't have this crappy verizon TP... :/
Old 01-31-2010, 09:15 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMojo View Post
I have changed them to 6... the rom works, but if you do anything outside of sense such as running album or the like you will get constant out of mem popups... Like I said, everything on this rom works fantastic, but the sense UI (2.1 and 2.5) is just not a good choice on us Verizon users...

Although I'm still playing with your different roms (right now I am trying your titanium only rom) I will just have to fall back to 6.1 + TF3d1.2 -- btw, if there are any verizon users looking for a good and super fast rom, build one with SSK visual kitchen 3.0...

Again, Root, you are the man... these really are the most polished roms I have tried; as everything works as intended -- I just wish I didn't have this crappy verizon TP... :/
I am planning on releasing a trimmed down version for VZW users.
There are several users here but I rarely hear any problems with mem.
Thanks for the info.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

res03laq is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 28 2010

I just flashed BaseRoot21_0127_23518 on a gimped TP, and it seems like a fantastic ROM. I don't have very much available RAM, so i expect to be getting memory warnings any time now.
Quote:
There are several users here but I rarely hear any problems with mem.
Just a guess, but i would imagine that none of us VZW users complain as we know that it is jus a limitation of our gimped devices.

Quote:
I am planning on releasing a trimmed down version for VZW users.
That would be much appreciated. In my very limited experience it seems that trimming out applications does not do too much to improve the memory situation. I have tried a copule of stripped down ROMs from other cooks with no significant difference in available RAM. It seems like memory optimization is what will really make the difference.

In any event, I really appreciate all of the hard work you do for us Root. There is a six pack in your future, my friend.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium