PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 03:56 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Battery charging slow?

From what I heard there are actually 2 kinds of batteries used on the Galaxy S, Li-Ion and Li-Poly...I'm not sure if Epic got it the same way but I read back when i9000 came out people got both types...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: At&t

sp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This is biggest flaw this phone has. Im a super heavy user. My mastery puts dead everyday at around 10am. I start using it at around a little over 6am. Trolling serious business. But I tried different roms of eclair and froyo, both with battery utilities like juice defender. And no matter what, mines does at 10am. My trick is to have it plugged every opportunity I get. Makes me kneel down and bow down to my old htc devices. Those charged fully in 1h 30minutes. But them again, htc had inferior hardware, so I see how it can charge faster. Look at the Evo, that thing is like a pinto and epic is like a ferrari. Pinto take u far but sloooooowwww. Epic take u 0 to 60 in 3seconds but sucks power.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2010, 02:42 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Battery charging slow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4rtan5 View Post
This is biggest flaw this phone has. Im a super heavy user. My mastery puts dead everyday at around 10am. I start using it at around a little over 6am. Trolling serious business. But I tried different roms of eclair and froyo, both with battery utilities like juice defender. And no matter what, mines does at 10am. My trick is to have it plugged every opportunity I get. Makes me kneel down and bow down to my old htc devices. Those charged fully in 1h 30minutes. But them again, htc had inferior hardware, so I see how it can charge faster. Look at the Evo, that thing is like a pinto and epic is like a ferrari. Pinto take u far but sloooooowwww. Epic take u 0 to 60 in 3seconds but sucks power.

What I did is buy for 7$, 2 extra batteries and an external battery charger on ebay...now I dont charge anymore (cause I'm lazy), just swap batteries and leave the old battery to charge...

as for power saving, have you tried SuperPower?

If you want some tips to saving battery in terms of themes and etc..let me give ya some formulas...

obviously black is your best friend and dark colors...

red = 1x
green = 2x
blue = 3x
white = 6x

where x is the battery usage...(lower is better)

Though what we really need is a UV kernel for less battery usage..did you look at your breakdown to see whats draining your battery in particular?
Old 12-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: At&t

sp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsp4rtan5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No time. I boot fresh and use! Forget digging! I use! Ive done stock flash witj no extra add ons.and I can kill it in 3 hours. Hehe. But I love this phone. I have been using it for 2 months now and I still get excited when I take it out my pocket to use it. Lol. When I had the Evo, I was sooo angry in the benchmarks. nova ran awful and would slow down at every corner. Video recording at highest settings made tbe phone hiccup. And the front face bottons were awful! That thing felt like I was talking to a ipad. Soooo big! Too big. But what killed the Evo for me was the overhyped snapdragon. Junk!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific