PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

getyourmindright is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 11/27/09-0.6b | fresh rom | Themed + Optimized APKs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askym View Post
hook up the usb and run it. it will put everything back to what it was like fresh from the box
Ok sounds simple enough, hook up the Hero to the USB, do I connect the sdcard or just leave it unmounted? and will I lose my contacts?
Old 11-29-2009, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, HTC Evo

Askym is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by getyourmindright View Post
Ok sounds simple enough, hook up the Hero to the USB, do I connect the sdcard or just leave it unmounted? and will I lose my contacts?
unmounted i believe. i did it once a while back and i think it was unmounted. yes you will lose everything.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askym View Post
unmounted i believe. i did it once a while back and i think it was unmounted. yes you will lose everything.
That sucks, I dont want to lose my contacts, now I'm getting the feeling that I'm screwed.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:14 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
That sucks, I dont want to lose my contacts, now I'm getting the feeling that I'm screwed.
They are uploaded to your gmail already. You did set up Gmail right?
Old 11-29-2009, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, HTC Evo

Askym is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
back them up on google and then resync them
Old 11-29-2009, 10:15 PM
White Monster > Red Bull

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
I have been toying around with Fresh's ROM over my holiday break and decided that I want to go back to stock Sprint ROM, Fresh's ROM is cool but I figured that I may not always be able to access a PC to update Fresh's ROM when updates do come out.

Now I have the stock Sprint ROM but I noticed its not in a zip folder how do I flash back to it? and also once you root the Hero is there such a thing as Unrooting?

ps: I did do a Nandroid back up before I flashed Fresh's ROM can I just go back to that recovery?
As long as you check here periodically you can get the roms, i download from my phone all the time. Also, .4 and .6 are so stable that unless another update comes out from Sprint you wouldn't need to update IMHO.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
As long as you check here periodically you can get the roms, i download from my phone all the time. Also, .4 and .6 are so stable that unless another update comes out from Sprint you wouldn't need to update IMHO.
I was trying to use mutli-quote but no luck but one the sync with google I have alost of contact stuff on there from when I tried to use google talk for all of my IM's like yahoo and MSN messenger's so every time I sync all of that junk get put back on my phone which I dont need, so I guess I need to figure out how to get rid of that junk, and secondly I agree with you that it is stable and I do like it I have no problems with it, but I didnt know you can do the updates of fresh's ROM from the phone, so I guess will be staying on the Modded side of things which isnt bad at all.

On a side note how do you sync your info to google?
Old 11-29-2009, 10:32 PM
White Monster > Red Bull

Quote:
I was trying to use mutli-quote but no luck but one the sync with google I have alost of contact stuff on there from when I tried to use google talk for all of my IM's like yahoo and MSN messenger's so every time I sync all of that junk get put back on my phone which I dont need, so I guess I need to figure out how to get rid of that junk, and secondly I agree with you that it is stable and I do like it I have no problems with it, but I didnt know you can do the updates of fresh's ROM from the phone, so I guess will be staying on the Modded side of things which isnt bad at all.

On a side note how do you sync your info to google?

Ok, you have to create groups if you don't want stuff from Gmail coming over to your contacts. Set those in a different group on your pc with gmail.

You can download anything from your phone, just check here or his blog and when he updates you can download it. They are usually around 90MB and don't take so long to download.

Yea I like being modded, the ROM's run MUCH faster!!

If you put your info into google when the phone boots up or in settings (I think) it will sync automatically.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Ok, you have to create groups if you don't want stuff from Gmail coming over to your contacts. Set those in a different group on your pc with gmail.

You can download anything from your phone, just check here or his blog and when he updates you can download it. They are usually around 90MB and don't take so long to download.

Yea I like being modded, the ROM's run MUCH faster!!

If you put your info into google when the phone boots up or in settings (I think) it will sync automatically.
Ok so let me get this right, if I click on sync contacts on my phone in the settings will it add my phone contacts name and numbers to gmail? and yeah it is smooth but I noticed one issue which you may can help me with the device self service thing brings up all you account stuff like usage and stuff like that but whne I click on any of the links its a blank screen and then when I try to back out it says I need to click done but when I click done it doesnt do anything.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:59 PM
White Monster > Red Bull

Quote:
Ok so let me get this right, if I click on sync contacts on my phone in the settings will it add my phone contacts name and numbers to gmail? and yeah it is smooth but I noticed one issue which you may can help me with the device self service thing brings up all you account stuff like usage and stuff like that but whne I click on any of the links its a blank screen and then when I try to back out it says I need to click done but when I click done it doesnt do anything.
Yea, if you have your gmail setup. It should have done this on its own.

I have never used Device Self Service. Maybe you could try Spare Parts?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development