PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 05:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 05/18/10 | Fresh Toast v2.1 | BFS + Overclock + EXT4 | Newest RUU

I LOVE THIS ROM!!! It's fast as ever. I notice a huge difference in speed, compared to Fresh 2.0d, and DamageControl 2.08.1. Programs open instantly, and everything works very well, so far.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Yeah, this is officially my new ROM =), thanks Flipz and Toast for your hard work and dedication for making our Hero more than Sprint wanted it to be
Old 05-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

Me too.. also support my man envynet

his darkenvy theme works on this rom.. and is my fav theme so far..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=682110
Old 05-19-2010, 06:25 PM
VIP Member

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

How is everyone's battery life? My battery is acting weird. I have a seidio 3500 mAh battery. I charged it up this afternoon, and when I pulled it off the charger, it took a good 30 sec for the green led to disappear, and for the screen to wake, and show the lock screen. The battery was already at 98%, and then I watched it go down to 97%. 15 mins later, it was down to 83%. I have no profiles set in SetCPU. In the Overclock Widget, I have the min/max when the screen is off to 122880/245760, and when the screen is on, 245760/768000. My update interval is 30 sec.

I always back out of apps...I don't press the home button.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had any strange activity with their battery.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

bigfloppydb is a n00b

My battery has been doing pretty good. I've got OC Widget with screen on min-max to 245-768 and off to 245-768. I have it set so high for screen off because it seems to take a while to get going once I turn the screen on. After a few seconds, though the thing flies. I've checked all of my processes with System Monitor (free in market) to check CPU % and Times, and nothing is over using. The thing that uses the most at idle is the android system, and that is only 5%.

I suggest you see if there are any zombie processes. I followed Flipz's post here:

http://geekfor.me/news/why-is-my-and...nning-so-slow/

Good luck.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

BrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

never messed with an over clocked rom before..Is it safe to leave at 768 when the screen is on?

And do I have to leave the widget on my home screen for it to work?

HTC EVO 4G

Last edited by BrianBaker; 05-19-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

bigfloppydb is a n00b

I didn't have any problems with the previous roms with custom clocks, but they were never OC'd. I am having a problem with this one where upon receiving a call while the screen is off can lead to the android.phone app crashing and me missing the call. Its happened 3 times now out of 20ish calls... I'm going to flash back to Fresh 2.1.1 for the time being.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
How is everyone's battery life? My battery is acting weird. I have a seidio 3500 mAh battery. I charged it up this afternoon, and when I pulled it off the charger, it took a good 30 sec for the green led to disappear, and for the screen to wake, and show the lock screen. The battery was already at 98%, and then I watched it go down to 97%. 15 mins later, it was down to 83%. I have no profiles set in SetCPU. In the Overclock Widget, I have the min/max when the screen is off to 122880/245760, and when the screen is on, 245760/768000. My update interval is 30 sec.

I always back out of apps...I don't press the home button.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had any strange activity with their battery.
same here ( seidio 3500 ) but once it gets down to 85% or so.. its still lasts forever.. so im thinking that the hero is not reading the battery% correctly need to calibrate it again etc..
Old 05-19-2010, 10:50 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
same here ( seidio 3500 ) but once it gets down to 85% or so.. its still lasts forever.. so im thinking that the hero is not reading the battery% correctly need to calibrate it again etc..
I'm going to try wiping my battery stats. I ran the top 5 processes on my phone through adb, and 2 processes came back at 8%, so I'll charge up the phone, and try relearning the battery stats, to see if that changes anything.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero...Fresh
Carrier: sprint

bee976 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to bee976

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
I'm getting crazy freezing/lag in senseui... maybe cuz i have a class4 card? I read someone having the same issue of at xda, but so far no solution...
I take no credit for this, i found it on xda, thank avalaunch

it worked wonders for me

heres some help to get the most out of this rom. this is what i do and it makes this rom flyyyy.

1. use autokiller. i know everyone is still in mad about the location issue but idc at all. ill tell you where im at all the time haa. but i set auto killer to strict. 60 mbs free and nothing ever closes early.

2. use taskiller. although i know everyone says task killers are bad, you only need it for one thing.

3. use setcpu. now here comes the important part. to get the best stepping that i have found with both the oc widget and setcpu. when you start the rom, slide the min slider all the way up and down. now set MAX to 729600 and MIN to 245760. now touch the screen and it steps up to 729 perfectly. any higher it will stay at 480 99% of the time. even while sleeping. i get an entire day with this setting under heavy usage.

4. on boot kill all tasks. go into PEEP and disable auto update. this fixed the com.htc.bg issue for me. and this is important to stop lag.

5. with all this i CANT get the rom to lag. i did test this on this rom. i use my own rom based on zens slide. but these settings, apps, work perfect on anyrom with this kernel.

hope this helps!

This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development