PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

kkeller87 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_7; en-us) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17)

Ya. It was 2.3.3 that did it first
Old 07-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

hyprspec is a n00b
Re: [ROM] 04/13/10 | Fresh Rom 2.0d (Android 2.1) | Rosie LWP w/Espresso + OpenGL Fix

Anybody been having trouble getting the phone to be recongized by computer when plugging it in? It charges and showing usb debugging connected, but the none of the options show up even though I have the "ask me" option clicked. I like to use it as disk drive. It's getting fairly annoying

Edit: I would also like to add (should have been implied but I didn't specify) I am running this rom, I have also noticed that this problem goes away with complete restart of the phone (off then on). I'm not sure at what point after the restart it goes back to not working

Last edited by hyprspec; 07-21-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_7; en-us) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyprspec
Anybody been having trouble getting the phone to be recongized by computer when plugging it in? It charges and showing usb debugging connected, but the none of the options show up even though I have the "ask me" option clicked. I like to use it as disk drive. It's getting fairly annoying

Edit: I would also like to add (should have been implied but I didn't specify) I am running this rom, I have also noticed that this problem goes away with complete restart of the phone (off then on). I'm not sure at what point after the restart it goes back to not working
I think windows 7 had this problem. You can download HTC sync and the drivers are there

Last edited by kkeller87; 07-22-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyprspec

I think windows 7 had this problem. You can download HTC sync and the drivers are there
Old 07-23-2010, 02:05 AM
Lurker

hyprspec is a n00b
Re: [ROM] 04/13/10 | Fresh Rom 2.0d (Android 2.1) | Rosie LWP w/Espresso + OpenGL Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeller87 View Post

I'll look into that, but I'm also having the same issue when plugging it into the PS3. That's certainly not win7 based. When working, it plays straight off the phone with no problems.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:26 AM
Lurker

hyprspec is a n00b

I found a semi related issue on xda after searching google with the error message. Problem seems to be coming from having a facebook account setup for sync. I removed the FB account and havent had the issue since.

Anybody experiencing the issue I was having with phone no being recognized for disk drive I recommend trying this
Old 08-26-2010, 09:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor

First of all let me say I have been using the 2.0d rom since April and love it. However, the past few days my phone is acting really strange: random reboots, severe lag, kb not working and this morning my screen would not turn on. I pulled the battery and it's working again but I am confused as to what is going on. I only have a few apps installed on the phone: weatherbug, radar now, shootu lite and sodoku lite. I don't use facebood. In fact, I have not installed a single app since May. Anyone have a clue as to what is going on?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development