PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 04/13/10 | Fresh Rom 2.0d (Android 2.1) | Rosie LWP w/Espresso + OpenGL Fix

Please don't blast me about searching, I am surfing on my hero. I am now running fresh Rom and I have 2 problems.

1 is I am not getting any voice mail notifications but I am getting other notifications.

2 is whenever I turn on wireless tethering my data cuts out and I don't have an internet connection on my computer. It is connected to my phone though.

Thanks for the help, love the Rom.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [ROM] 04/13/10 | Fresh Rom 2.0d (Android 2.1) | Rosie LWP w/Espresso + OpenGL Fix

Update to number 1 above, vm comes through but it takes 20 minutes to an hour to notify me.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6850 Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

rugalfury is a n00b

Dumb question how do I set up apps2sd? Is there anything I need to make it work? I know it says it is on this rom.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugalfury View Post
Dumb question how do I set up apps2sd? Is there anything I need to make it work? I know it says it is on this rom.
Make sure to backup your SD card, as the instructions below will wipe your SD card!!!

You have to setup a partition on your SD card. It's in the RA menu (with the phone powered off, hold down home and press power). There are three settings. For the first one (can't remember the acronym), I set it to 0. Then, I set the Ext setting to a custom value (depending on the size of the SD card). Then set the rest for storage, like putting your files/music/etc. You should be good to go. I'd set this up prior to flashing the rom, just to be safe.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Update number 2, voice mail seems fine now, still not sure about the wifi.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good workToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
Make sure to backup your SD card, as the instructions below will wipe your SD card!!!

You have to setup a partition on your SD card. It's in the RA menu (with the phone powered off, hold down home and press power). There are three settings. For the first one (can't remember the acronym), I set it to 0. Then, I set the Ext setting to a custom value (depending on the size of the SD card). Then set the rest for storage, like putting your files/music/etc. You should be good to go. I'd set this up prior to flashing the rom, just to be safe.
If I were to partition the SD card (and already have Fresh 2.0d installed and running), it's my understanding that upon reboot, everything will move over to the SD card.

I wouldn't mind doing the steps in the proper order, however, I don't want to re-setup my phone, so my question is this:

If i wipe the phone and partition the card can I then restore my latest Nandroid backup to avoid having to set up the phone again, or will the latest realize that APPS2SD wasn't loaded on it?
Old 05-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Iusacell

nuller is a n00b

Hi everyone! i need some help, i just got a new htc hero (cdma) i found this page surfing the web, and i saw that meaby you guys can have a solution for my problem, i cant sync my facebook contacts, i dont know why… this phone should do it automaticly, i put my user name and my pass in “accounts” and nothing hapend, i already tried clicking the “sync all” and nothing happends, no facebook contacts, nos birthdays, no events… nothing… i triied to download the “update” (the facebook app from the market) and i cant sync the contacts from there eather…, i CAN log in, i can se my pictures, my notification and everything, but when i try to see my friends list i always get this message… “cannot retrieve the friend list. please try again later. [18/this api call could not be compleated due to resource limits]”
can u help me? thanks!!!
pd.- i have 4535 friends on facebook (i dont know if thats causing the problem…) meaby its because i have too many and it have a limit… but the weird thing is that i already tried with other accounts and….. NOTHING! =(

HELPPPPPPP!!!

Im using Fresh Rom 2.1.1 by flipz

Last edited by Carla; 07-16-2010 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Mod Edit: Removed Email
Old 07-12-2010, 01:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel

ryuaced is just getting started

I'm not sure where this question refers but I have an issue, I have rooted and flashed and applied this rom, but after rooting the phone still acts as if it is sprint and always says it is in roaming, I connected it to allte (my provider) they programmed it with *228 and I put in a new prl so I really have no idea what or why it is behaving like this.

Main issue is when connecting to 3g/1x it tells me i am not a spcs user and that disconnects me.
I have searched and google I have seen some issues, but normally i get random issues that don't apply.

any direction would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

kkeller87 is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_7; en-us) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17)

Hey, I think I've tried the last 3 fresh roms and have the same problems with each one. Every time I open maps or nav it restarts. Sorry if this has already been addressed but im here on my hero and its a pain to try and search with a mobile browser.

Also if anyone knows how to make the keyboard faster it would be much appreciated
It's laggy even in portrait.

Thanks in advance
Old 07-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeller87 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_7; en-us) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17)

Hey, I think I've tried the last 3 fresh roms and have the same problems with each one. Every time I open maps or nav it restarts. Sorry if this has already been addressed but im here on my hero and its a pain to try and search with a mobile browser.

Also if anyone knows how to make the keyboard faster it would be much appreciated
It's laggy even in portrait.

Thanks in advance
Have you tried Fresh 2.3.3?

Sponsored by Kools.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development