PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33
Re: [ROM] 04/06/10 | Fresh Rom 2.0d (Android 2.1) | vanilla lock fix inside

not sure on the batt drain.. I have the seidio 3500 mAh extended battery....

Like i said what i did was flash to fresh 1.1,,then wipe..then flash fresh2.0d.. and havent had a single problem..
Old 04-08-2010, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jhale83 is just getting started

Anyone else having issues with the brightness randomly changing? I had it set to auto and would notice it seemed really bright in a dark room and it turns out the phone automatically turned it's brightness all the way up. So then I tried turning auto brightness off and putting it really low and it turned it all the way up again! It doesn't happen right away but over time it does.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:10 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Anyone else having issues with the brightness randomly changing? I had it set to auto and would notice it seemed really bright in a dark room and it turns out the phone automatically turned it's brightness all the way up. So then I tried turning auto brightness off and putting it really low and it turned it all the way up again! It doesn't happen right away but over time it does.
if you have the auto brightness on and wake up the phone in complete darkness, it will max it out. i know this because every night i check my phone before i go to sleep and blind my ass to dream land .

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

Sponsored by Kools.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Mgrmitch is a n00b

New rom is working great with the exception of my Hero has been locking up when trying to use the HTC people widget. It does connect however I can not hear people and they cannot hear me. This has only happened after the 2.0d Rom was installed. Anyone else having the same issue??
Old 04-09-2010, 09:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

casingbill is a n00b

you guys are so cool!...its like getting a new phone again!...fun!
Old 04-09-2010, 09:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc hero
Carrier: sprint

tlpalmer01 is just getting started

i love this rom alot nice job but i have 1 question....before i rooted and flashed i had a decent amt of internal memory and alot of apps installed after root, wipe, flash and wipe again i have only a few apps installed and hardly any internal memory...i have a sprint hero...i have searched and googled but cant seem to find anything that i can understand....
Old 04-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

So I got a new Hero and followed the directions here step by step, or at least i thought, but now I cannot boot my Hero. It loads the first HTC screen, goes to the white HTC screen (Fresh!), then back to the first HTC screen and nothing after that. I have let it sit for more 30 minutes, so it just being a matter of time is not the case.

Can anyone help? I am on-call 24/7 for my job and my on-call phone won'y boot now...
Old 04-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
So I got a new Hero and followed the directions here step by step, or at least i thought, but now I cannot boot my Hero. It loads the first HTC screen, goes to the white HTC screen (Fresh!), then back to the first HTC screen and nothing after that. I have let it sit for more 30 minutes, so it just being a matter of time is not the case.

Can anyone help? I am on-call 24/7 for my job and my on-call phone won'y boot now...
What ROM did you flash? If you flashed the one I suggested you need to go back into recovery, and make sure you WIPE (I always do device and dalvic, or however you spell it) and re-flash the ROM and you will be fine. It will take a few minutes on first boot, but you have to go back in and wipe and re-flash.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

fuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stuff

Feature request: "Roaming only" mode

It was very helpful on WM phones, but haven't seen it in any of the android roms.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
What ROM did you flash? If you flashed the one I suggested you need to go back into recovery, and make sure you WIPE (I always do device and dalvic, or however you spell it) and re-flash the ROM and you will be fine. It will take a few minutes on first boot, but you have to go back in and wipe and re-flash.
Thanks for the private tutoring via MSN tonight, I appreciate it. Why in the hell I didn't think/see to wipe it first, I don't know. But I am up and running and this ROM is very fast and responsive.

And I will admit, smaller processor or not, my Hero is keeping right up with the Moment, if not surpassing it. And that is thanks to this great ROM!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development