PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 6/3/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcharleyultra View Post
Mazzakre, what are your actual wipe steps? Which recovery?

Swyped from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk
Im using clockworkmod rom manager to wipe. Initially I did a backup in clockworkmod. Then booted into recovery and wipe data and cache. Then install new rom from sd card in recovery. Ive heard people say to use amonra recovery instead and that theres a way to do it through clockworkmod (flash alternate recovery) but Ive never had that option.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Has anyone else had an issue with the phone slowing down or lagging when clicking or opening email or other apps? After installing this new updated gingerbread rom on my phone the phone was faster and smoother but now it is slow at opening windows like gmail or the internet. I guess I can deal with it till June 24th when I get my evo3d but if there is a fix it would help in the meantime.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
did you do a profile update?? I'm able to send just fine.
I had the same question. Thanks for asking hypeo. I flashed mik's v1.1 yesterday and had to redo this step. Not sure why I had to flash. That HTC Hub was calling me and I don't even care to use it! Lol. Damn it sucks to be a flashaholic sometimes. I only restore apps through TB as well. I have to set up all my accts and configure my home screens on every flash. I've got issues.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was going to flash last night too but I has to spend some quality time with the fam.. I guess I'll do it today..

Did Mik added that line to the file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofajac View Post
I had the same question. Thanks for asking hypeo. I flashed mik's v1.1 yesterday and had to redo this step. Not sure why I had to flash. That HTC Hub was calling me and I don't even care to use it! Lol. Damn it sucks to be a flashaholic sometimes. I only restore apps through TB as well. I have to set up all my accts and configure my home screens on every flash. I've got issues.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker

nope. had to add it again.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

elrubiroso is a n00b

I've been using this ROM for a couple of days now and the first day I was having issues moving app to SD card, constant sense re-start, and issues with the keyboard when typing but all of these when away when I re-flash the rom again manually instead of using the ROM manager express way. So far the only issue that I have is updating the Radios, whenever I boot into recovery to flash the radio.zip it flashes the zip in less than one second, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I would truly appreciate it if I can get some help with, other then this this ROM is 99.99 perfect for me.

@OMJ any chance we'll see sense 3.0 on OG EVO? Thanks for your great work.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

drnick5 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrubiroso View Post
I've been using this ROM for a couple of days now and the first day I was having issues moving app to SD card, constant sense re-start, and issues with the keyboard when typing but all of these when away when I re-flash the rom again manually instead of using the ROM manager express way. So far the only issue that I have is updating the Radios, whenever I boot into recovery to flash the radio.zip it flashes the zip in less than one second, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I would truly appreciate it if I can get some help with, other then this this ROM is 99.99 perfect for me.

@OMJ any chance we'll see sense 3.0 on OG EVO? Thanks for your great work.
I had the same problem you did, I was able to fix it be renaming the radio zip to pc36img.zip and placing it at the root of the SD card, I then did a reboot into the bootloader...when the bootload loads up it will look for the zip and should ask if you want to flash. hit yes, and it will start the flash process (takes about 30 seconds or so?)

Reboot and radios should be installed
Old 06-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnick5 View Post
I had the same problem you did, I was able to fix it be renaming the radio zip to pc36img.zip and placing it at the root of the SD card, I then did a reboot into the bootloader...when the bootload loads up it will look for the zip and should ask if you want to flash. hit yes, and it will start the flash process (takes about 30 seconds or so?)

Reboot and radios should be installed
I had the same issue - switch to Amon Ra recovery and finally got it to update. Sticking with Amon from here on out. didn't try to rename the zip though that might of worked.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Haha. V1.02 is out now?? Wow. I just got v1.01 working the way I want it to. Damn it. I've gotta flash it. I'm such a sucker.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Lurker

elrubiroso is a n00b

Will try that, what about Gtalk are you or anybody else having issues with the Gtalk app not showing the front facing camera the right way(I see myself sideways)?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development