PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

elrubiroso is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 6/3/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
I had the same issue - switch to Amon Ra recovery and finally got it to update. Sticking with Amon from here on out. didn't try to rename the zip though that might of worked.
just flashed Amon Ra recovery and it works thanks brother!!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

knlmwq is a n00b

I am having a huge issue with battery life. My battery is dying in 3-4 hours after leaving my phone completely idle. I am currently on OMJ 1.6 but I honestly do not think that is the problem. Can someone direct me on how I can find out what app/apps are causing this severe battery drain? New programs I can recall installing are "What app" and "Tikl".. Thanks in advance
Old 06-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by knlmwq View Post
I am having a huge issue with battery life. My battery is dying in 3-4 hours after leaving my phone completely idle. I am currently on OMJ 1.6 but I honestly do not think that is the problem. Can someone direct me on how I can find out what app/apps are causing this severe battery drain? New programs I can recall installing are "What app" and "Tikl".. Thanks in advance

Battery life is actually a lot better on this ROM than in the past. You have to let it drain completely a time or two. When you do a full wipe, you wipe the battery stats as well. The battery has to recondition itself or something like that. Anyway, you should notice better battery life after it drains and you recharge it. Remember you can dim your brightness now. that's helping me out a ton in the battery dept.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:25 PM
N00b

rlmurray is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrubiroso View Post
Will try that, what about Gtalk are you or anybody else having issues with the Gtalk app not showing the front facing camera the right way(I see myself sideways)?
I see the same issue you are having. I think there wil be another OMJ diamond coming through to correct unless someone else has a fix?
Old 06-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Lurker

elrubiroso is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmurray View Post
I see the same issue you are having. I think there wil be another OMJ diamond coming through to correct unless someone else has a fix?
I hope so cuz Gtalk sound and look amazing even on 3g.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

knlmwq is a n00b

I've actually notice my battery life was a lot worse before I even updated to OMJ 1.6... Is there anything else I can try to get my battery life back to what it used to be?

I think it has to be an app, unless there is something Im missing completely.

Recap: my battery was fine on older OMJ rom... I stayed on same OMJ rom and battery all of a sudden wouldn't even last 4 hours on standby.. I updated to OMJ latest rom just cause and battery is still horrible
Old 06-06-2011, 05:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC EVO Rooted!

kshimizu47 is a n00b

I there a way to make the boot up quick like the stock GB rom?
Old 06-06-2011, 05:43 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Yep here's hoping! ... OMJ, but if it's not true .... any plans?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
I find it odd they would immediately update so quickly, but then again, why not include sense 2.1 in the OTA that just came out......when the Shift is getting sense 2.1...who knows, we'll just have to see

if it's not true, I'll cook up a 4.22.651.2 version to update this ROM, but I wont be using it as my daily.....sense 2.1 & 3.0 are too nice....but I wouldn't be surprised if mik or someone else port sense 2.1 to the new OTA, then I may jump on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
OMJ;

This fix does get rid of the constant Sense resets

Originally Posted by il Duce:
add line in build.prop "ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1"

Will this be added to the future roms?
yes, I'll be adding it to future roms, though I haven't even added it yet....I havent had one restart....

Did anyone need a flashable version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
Has anyone else had an issue with the phone slowing down or lagging when clicking or opening email or other apps? After installing this new updated gingerbread rom on my phone the phone was faster and smoother but now it is slow at opening windows like gmail or the internet. I guess I can deal with it till June 24th when I get my evo3d but if there is a fix it would help in the meantime.
Do u have the cache cleaner running daily? it may help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrubiroso View Post

@OMJ any chance we'll see sense 3.0 on OG EVO? Thanks for your great work.
I havent been following the progress on the 3.0 port, honestly 2.1 has alot of the same features, and with the 3.0 lockscreen, it's damn close

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
I had the same issue - switch to Amon Ra recovery and finally got it to update. Sticking with Amon from here on out. didn't try to rename the zip though that might of worked.
yeah, I wouldn't recommend rom mgr to anyone....amon_ra is the way to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofajac View Post
Haha. V1.02 is out now?? Wow. I just got v1.01 working the way I want it to. Damn it. I've gotta flash it. I'm such a sucker.
lol, I use to restore my data.img after flashing, but now I always start fresh....I gotten pretty proficient in getting it back exactly they way I keep it, in under 30 min

Quote:
Originally Posted by knlmwq View Post
I've actually notice my battery life was a lot worse before I even updated to OMJ 1.6... Is there anything else I can try to get my battery life back to what it used to be?

I think it has to be an app, unless there is something Im missing completely.

Recap: my battery was fine on older OMJ rom... I stayed on same OMJ rom and battery all of a sudden wouldn't even last 4 hours on standby.. I updated to OMJ latest rom just cause and battery is still horrible
which apps are u adding post flash?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
yes, I'll be adding it to future roms, though I haven't even added it yet....I havent had one restart....

Did anyone need a flashable version?

OMJ, thanx for the response. I was having lots of Sense restarts, Since I added that line its been fixed.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
OMJ, thanx for the response. I was having lots of Sense restarts, Since I added that line its been fixed.
would love a flashable zip if you are making it. thanks OMJ.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development