PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROM v5.0 | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 4/15/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I didn't have time yesterday to mod the framework-res to add battery percent. I looked around this morning to see if anyone already made one, but I didn't find one.....so I modded it myself, here ya go

you can either flash the zip, or push the apk

btw...I'm able to update prl & profile np, and remember if you're not using a sbc kernel, your battery will always drop quick right after pulling from charger cuz it may not be fully charged.
I got the PRL and Profile to update, but the voicemail icon still never went away even after deleting all voicemails and rebooting. Overall it runs REALLY FAST and smooth but the two things right now that made me go back to your 4.6 ROM were:
1 - BATTERY IS Draining like crazy...
2 - Voicemail icon not resetting on status bar.

Keep up the Awesome work... If it wouldn't be for the battery drain, I definetly could live with the voicemail icon not going away..

Thanks... I'll keep waiting to see what others say about the ROM... I'm wondering if anyone else is having the fast battery drain like I was.??? I hope it isn't my new 3500 that's already bad?? It could be??

Old 04-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by garapyuto View Post
WOW!. GB is fast. I love it, but I NEED my slingplayer during baseball season, so I will be waiting until sling makes their slingplayer GB friendly. It makes me sad that I am going to have to go back to 4.6.

SO SAD cause this beta is pretty sweet
I have slingplayer 1.2 and have used it on GB with Decks & CM nightlies with no issues at all. What kind of problems are you experiencing?

Old 04-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROM v5.0 | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 4/15/11*

Quote:
WOW!. GB is fast. I love it, but I NEED my slingplayer during baseball season, so I will be waiting until sling makes their slingplayer GB friendly. It makes me sad that I am going to have to go back to 4.6.

SO SAD cause this beta is pretty sweet
What are you getting with Slingplayer? Mine warns me that it not might work, but then works fine.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

Anyone noticing oddness with data connections. Seems like I lose 3g off and on. Suddenly I have no connection. I can stop it and restart it and it will come back and then disappear again after awhile.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

garapyuto is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
What are you getting with Slingplayer? Mine warns me that it not might work, but then works fine.
Can't find it in the marketplace. Or am I blind?
Old 04-16-2011, 09:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff
Quote:
Can't find it in the marketplace. Or am I blind?
Type "Sling" in search and the $30 app should be on the top of the list.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

garapyuto is just getting started

weird. I will try again. I tried sling box and sling player. I thought I tried sling but it didn't show up. I assumed it was because it is not GB compatible yet
Old 04-16-2011, 11:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
weird. I will try again. I tried sling box and sling player. I thought I tried sling but it didn't show up. I assumed it was because it is not GB compatible yet
I'm on GB...and I did the search before I posted. Based on your first post about it not working, I thought you already had the app.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:40 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Thanks Bruddah!!

@ALL-if you didnt FULLY wipe then expect issues. A cache and dalvik wipe isnt good enough. Wipe it all. To each his own but I suggest Calks Format ALL-cant get much cleaner than that. I do it for any ROM flash but especially one as raw as this (speaking of the leak, not OMJ's work )

For those with batt drain-have you checked your Up and Awake times? Are they the same? If you have crazy batt drain and/or your phone won't sleep AND you are on the 1.90 PRI then you may want to consider rolling back to the 1.77 PRI. According to reports it helps some to break the wake lock.
Calk Radio Thread

My *2 works fine
MY screen adjusts normally but that is manufacturer dependent.
I cant update PRL at the moment-could be network related
**EDIT**-updated PRL and Profile fine a few min ago.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 04-17-2011 at 10:10 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I had the prl issue before and the only way to fix it is to do a full wipe. But like someone said, if your installing the new gb rom it's better if you do a complete wipe. This way when installing any apps you'll know which causes problems. I'm looking forward to the official update. It will get all these errors fixed.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development