PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   [10-11-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.3][2.3.7 Stable] #Stablistic (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141521)

dpg350 04-21-2011 09:38 AM

Re: [4-18-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [pre5][1.0]

Pre5 has been running great so far except for waking up from lock screen sometimes. its taken a few times to hit the unlock button for it to wake. then this morning i couldn't wake it up at all. I finally pulled the battery and then it started up fine. That's the only issue to report on my end

Tannerj 04-21-2011 09:53 AM

Deck,

I have been running pre5 for a few days now... I am running tiamat kernel with it... I am having poor reception with my blueant q2 head set. It keeps disconnecting from the phone and has poor quality on the sound to. This is the first ROM of yours that I have noticed it on. Now have not been able to use the bluetooth on every ROM with some of yours changing within a day. I know I used it on pre 2 but I know remember if I used it on pre 3 or pre 4...

Is anyone else have this issue with any bluetooth headset...

thanks....tannerj

elosogrande7076 04-21-2011 10:16 AM

Has anyone been able to get the visual voicemail to work with pre5? I downloaded the apk from the OP and installed it but i am constantly getting pending voicemail msg and when I try to connect it says that it is trying to verify my account but it times out....i have searched the thread and found that some have gotten earlier versions to work by using the instructions in the OP but I didnt see any instructions....any ideas? Thanks

satur9 04-21-2011 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Deck,

I have tried some of your RC's with mixed results & recently came back over to pre5 from CM7 & have been very pleased. I have a few items (none of which are dealbreakers) that I thought I would air to see if anyone is having similar issues or if these are easy things to fix.

-Gapps- the version in the OP did nothing for me, even though I followed your directions & tried flashing multiple times before & after reboot. I even tried other Gapps from you & CM to no avail. Titanium restored everything fine, but I have only had issues w/Gapps on your ROMs.
-GPS - still had to do the Sense/flash workaround
-Status bar- often a phantom (blank) notification is taking up space (see attached) (CM7 does this as well).
-Reboot while USB plugged - a reboot while plugged into my PC completely locks my PC until I reboot the PC (CM7 did this as well).
-Charge LED - green LED comes on at 90% charging. The battery continues to charge, but this is an annoyance (CM7 did this as well).

Everything else, wifi, 4G/3G, VVM, etc. is working as expected & this ROM runs better on my phone than CM7 (I also prefer Launcher Pro over ADW), so thank you for your hard work. Again, none of these are dealbreakers but I have yet to find a 2.3 ROM that runs as smoothly & flawlessly as Myn's Warm2.2.

The Viz 04-21-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satur9 (Post 2088319)
Deck,

I have tried some of your RC's with mixed results & recently came back over to pre5 from CM7 & have been very pleased. I have a few items (none of which are dealbreakers) that I thought I would air to see if anyone is having similar issues or if these are easy things to fix.

-Gapps- the version in the OP did nothing for me, even though I followed your directions & tried flashing multiple times before & after reboot. I even tried other Gapps from you & CM to no avail. Titanium restored everything fine, but I have only had issues w/Gapps on your ROMs.
-GPS - still had to do the Sense/flash workaround
-Status bar- often a phantom (blank) notification is taking up space (see attached) (CM7 does this as well).
-Reboot while USB plugged - a reboot while plugged into my PC completely locks my PC until I reboot the PC (CM7 did this as well).
-Charge LED - green LED comes on at 90% charging. The battery continues to charge, but this is an annoyance (CM7 did this as well).

Everything else, wifi, 4G/3G, VVM, etc. is working as expected & this ROM runs better on my phone than CM7 (I also prefer Launcher Pro over ADW), so thank you for your hard work. Again, none of these are dealbreakers but I have yet to find a 2.3 ROM that runs as smoothly & flawlessly as Myn's Warm2.2.

GAPPS - I had the same issue with flashing, but when I came to Pre 5 it worked.

GPS - GPS started working good with Pre4. Mine works great with Pre 5

Reboot - Sounds like you have a PC problem or a USB problem.

Charging LED - I believe AOSP roms turn green after 90%. Just the nature of the beast.

On a side note. Pre 5 has got to be one of the best ROMs ive used in a while. Im using it with Tiamat 3.3.7 w/SBC and im getting great battery life. After 24hrs of use I was sitting at 18% battery life.

satur9 04-21-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Viz (Post 2088348)
GAPPS - I had the same issue with flashing, but when I came to Pre 5 it worked.

GPS - GPS started working good with Pre4. Mine works great with Pre 5

I am running pre5. I know others have had success, but from reading the thread, it seems like it's an even race.

Quote:

Reboot - Sounds like you have a PC problem or a USB problem.

This does not occur after I restore a 2.2 ROM.

Quote:

Charging LED - I believe AOSP roms turn green after 90%. Just the nature of the beast.

That's nonsensical; regardless, thank you for the feedback.

dpg350 04-21-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 (Post 2088242)
Has anyone been able to get the visual voicemail to work with pre5? I downloaded the apk from the OP and installed it but i am constantly getting pending voicemail msg and when I try to connect it says that it is trying to verify my account but it times out....i have searched the thread and found that some have gotten earlier versions to work by using the instructions in the OP but I didnt see any instructions....any ideas? Thanks

you have to restore the voicemail data from titanium backup after you install the .apk, then you should be good to go!

thaisport_sf 04-21-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satur9 (Post 2088385)
I am running pre5. I know others have had success, but from reading the thread, it seems like it's an even race.

This does not occur after I restore a 2.2 ROM.

That's nonsensical; regardless, thank you for the feedback.

Which is also why I run tiamat's sbc kernel... I have an extended battery (the 3500mAh) and without sbc, it would say I'm full when I'm not even close to full. From the green light and "100%" full, it still an additional 2.5 hours to fully charge out my extended battery.

thaisport_sf 04-21-2011 02:51 PM

Heads up, I just busted a 1685 on quadrant, with 16 apps running in the background. Did this to race against the Atrix quadrant test on youtube and to my pleasant surprise, I finished about 2 seconds faster even though they scored 2501.

Granted I think quadrant is out of date but :D Gotta love it when your 1685 is 2secs faster then a 2501 :D

buck1623 04-21-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satur9 (Post 2088319)

Lmao.... comparing refined 2.2 to cutting edge 2.3...

anyway Deck, i want to say I love this rom... Im new to Aosp, and the only 2 ive tried so far was CM7 final and yours. No big difference between your and CM, but yours seem to run faster, and also everything runs out the box... And battery life is amazing... 3 hrs off the charger, 3 phone calls and a bunch of texts, still at 94 percent...i have NO issues to report... keep doing what ur doing... OH YEAH, lanscape on homescreen, possibly a ADW add?