PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   [10-11-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.3][2.3.7 Stable] #Stablistic (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141521)

CtDMonet 03-07-2011 05:53 PM

Re: [3-6-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [beta7][WIP]

I just tried it, and love it so far. Just a couple questions -- swype? hulu? is the tether "cloaked"?

Thanks! I love to be able to keep with those pesky Nexus 1 users who just got Gingerbread (at a much faster 4G speed!)

-Al

deck 03-07-2011 07:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CtDMonet (Post 2065477)
I just tried it, and love it so far. Just a couple questions -- swype? hulu? is the tether "cloaked"?

Thanks! I love to be able to keep with those pesky Nexus 1 users who just got Gingerbread (at a much faster 4G speed!)

-Al

Swype can be installed, hulu will work with the flash fix, and tether is safe.

As in for the gapps, my fault, i threw them together quite fast when i updated them. I didnt even sign the zip! :x

Also, i removed talk, because i HATE it running in the background whenever it wants. i personally use trillian for my instant messaging, and it supports gtalk. I attached GTalk.apk for those who want it.

As for gps, i havent ran into the problem myself, but someone told me that they had to turn gps off and back on and it fixed their locking issue. In GB, there is no icon like froyo showing that gps is turned on. you only get the occasional gps locking icon. Hope this helps.

@OMJ, thanks for the gapps catch, id like to talk more with you sometime about aosp + sense. If you know android's sense pretty well, we may be able to link up and get it going. Basically we would need all the rosie files, libs, etc, and the kernel modules and commits from htc. tho, there is a dump of GB and sense floating around, but i believe its a gsm test rom for the desire HD. either way, we would be able to look through it if we ran into some problems.

-deck

SeventhGen 03-08-2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deck (Post 2065499)

As for gps, i havent ran into the problem myself, but someone told me that they had to turn gps off and back on and it fixed their locking issue. In GB, there is no icon like froyo showing that gps is turned on. you only get the occasional gps locking icon. Hope this helps.

-deck

Rite on, but for some reason I still couldnt get a lock on GPS. I went back to my Nandroid back up earlier, but Im about to flash this ROM again and give it another shot.

bigdaddie 03-08-2011 01:03 AM

Re: [ROM][WIP] gingerbread-evo-deck [beta6]

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 2064902)
looks good deck.....I would like t dig deeper too & learn aosp, but haven't had time.....I'd also like to learn how to add sense on top of aosp.

OMJ,
I've been running your rom since I rooted my EVO. Until I found Cyanogen. Not to knock your ROM because I think it is the best Sense ROM out there, but with ROM sizes of like 80M, you can see where CM7 is sooo much lighter. It shows too. I miss Sense, a little, but I think I've turned the corner. I've added the widgets to my desktop to do what I need. Also, stuff just works better. I've got a ton of apps installed and it still has plenty of memory (yes using Apps2SD) and BT and Voicedialer, IMHO, work better with the lower overhead.

I hope you "turn the corner" and join the Dark Side. I think you could make a great contribution to some kick ass software.

BD

duffguy123 03-08-2011 02:29 AM

ha i barely started with this rom and I'm already impressed with how the screen turns off when i push the power button........i'm easy to impress =D>

EDIT: I noticed when I used Titanium Backup to restore my missing apps + data, my notification sounds were not working. I go into sound in the settings menu but it force closes. I went back to a NAND backup I made before putting this ROM on and ran it again. The sound menu works before I use titanium backup and does not force close. Is there an app or something going on that makes the sound not work? The media volume works and sound does come out of the speaker, it just doesn't notify me of incoming texts

morganlowe 03-08-2011 08:52 AM

This is sweet, great work!! Playing around with it a bit and the only thing I miss is Sense... Been carrying around HTC Sense in one form or another since my Touch Pro... I feel so lost! Anyways, great work on Gingerbread!

ycats 03-08-2011 09:39 AM

I was really liking the rom, but it was saying that my storage card was corrupt, need to reformat, and I was like "he__ no!" so I flashed another rom.

OMJ 03-08-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deck (Post 2065499)

@OMJ, thanks for the gapps catch, id like to talk more with you sometime about aosp + sense. If you know android's sense pretty well, we may be able to link up and get it going. Basically we would need all the rosie files, libs, etc, and the kernel modules and commits from htc. tho, there is a dump of GB and sense floating around, but i believe its a gsm test rom for the desire HD. either way, we would be able to look through it if we ran into some problems.

-deck

that would be great, but unfortunately I don't know Sense indepth enough....if I did, I'd have a Sense 2.1 ROM, lol.

Yeah, there's been a few leaks of GB w/ Sense, but yeah I think they're GSM. Hopefully we'll see some cdma leaks soon, or even a EVO leak :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddie (Post 2065622)
OMJ,
I've been running your rom since I rooted my EVO. Until I found Cyanogen. Not to knock your ROM because I think it is the best Sense ROM out there, but with ROM sizes of like 80M, you can see where CM7 is sooo much lighter. It shows too. I miss Sense, a little, but I think I've turned the corner. I've added the widgets to my desktop to do what I need. Also, stuff just works better. I've got a ton of apps installed and it still has plenty of memory (yes using Apps2SD) and BT and Voicedialer, IMHO, work better with the lower overhead.

I hope you "turn the corner" and join the Dark Side. I think you could make a great contribution to some kick ass software.

BD

thx, but I doubt that will happen.....30min after running decks rom I was already in withdrawl of Sense & had to go back

Quote:

Originally Posted by ycats (Post 2065687)
I was really liking the rom, but it was saying that my storage card was corrupt, need to reformat, and I was like "he__ no!" so I flashed another rom.

I was getting the same thing....

ycats 03-08-2011 02:17 PM

I have a 16gig card so I wasn't liking that message, especially since the card is almost full and loaded with things I don't want to lose.

SeventhGen 03-08-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ycats (Post 2065687)

Got the same message, luckily I didnt have to reformat my sd and was able to restore my previous rom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 2065717)
.....30min after running decks rom I was already in withdrawl of Sense & had to go back

Lol, sense is a whole lot prettier.

I still couldnt get GPS to lock so I'm back to a 3.70 rom. I did like the look of the sms, mail, dialer and all the built in goodies were cool too. I wish GPS would lock, I really wanted to test the battery life. If there was an update or final release for this rom, I'll give it another shot.