PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   [10-11-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.3][2.3.7 Stable] #Stablistic (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141521)

spivey8 03-08-2011 05:16 PM

Re: [3-6-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [beta7][WIP]

I have a 16gb card and it works fine for me.... gps locks sometimes but doesnt stay locked.... im missing sense a little but im liking everything else... the battery life is amazing... 8.5 hrs off charge ...over 1.5 hrs of talk time with bluetooth and im at 70% battery with the Seidio 3500 mAh battery... cant wait for GB Final

duffguy123 03-08-2011 06:14 PM

I don't know if this happened to anyone else but there is a notification that won't go away. It says Voicemail pending: Tap here to call voicemail. I have no voicemail and I can't clear it. I have the voicemail from titanium backup but it won't connect to the server it says. Any tips?

Also, when I tried to install swype, the website said "Sorry, this is not an android phone" I can live without swype though.

tripletongue 03-08-2011 08:14 PM

I cant get my notification sounds to work?

WAH 03-08-2011 08:30 PM

i followed the instructions and flashed the rom
upon the reboot,the white evo 4g screen sat there for about 15 minutes.
i pulled the battery and tried to reboot and after a few minutes gave up and flashed back to my old rom.
any suggestons?

duffguy123 03-08-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripletongue (Post 2065919)
I cant get my notification sounds to work?

Did they stop working or did they not even work at all? I had this same problem but the notifications stopped working after I used titanium backup and restored my missing apps. I don't know if this will work for you (because I did this with Titanium Backup) but when I restored my missing apps I unchecked every app that had HTC in the name and restored all my other apps e.g. Quickoffice, htc widget etc... I did this on my second round of this ROM and notifications are working.

liquid307 03-08-2011 10:08 PM

GPS Problems ?

:protest: Sup People, 1st post@geeks, this what I did to get GPS to work.
1. Go to... settings/location & security, and make sure "use wireless networks & use GPS " boxes are unchecked.

2. Download Cache Cleaner NG from market. Open application, check mark the SD box & run "clean now"

3. Open maps app, new window should open click on settings and takes you back to..settings/location & security, checked mark boxes & agree "use wireless networks & use GPS satellites "

4. Back out to maps, click menu/directions and in end point box enter a zip code: 90012 or whatever, click on GO,

5. then click Blue GPS triangle in upper right corner and you're done.

I have tested this many times without any issues. Good luck

spivey8 03-08-2011 11:48 PM

Re: GPS Problems ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquid307 (Post 2065971)
1. Go to... settings/location & security, and make sure "use wireless networks & use GPS " boxes are unchecked.

2. Download Cache Cleaner NG from market. Open application, check mark the SD box & run "clean now"

3. Open maps app, new window should open click on settings and takes you back to..settings/location & security, checked mark boxes & agree "use wireless networks & use GPS satellites "

4. Back out to maps, click menu/directions and in end point box enter a zip code: 90012 or whatever, click on GO,

it wont stay locked on, drops the gps lock 23 sec after it locks

SeventhGen 03-09-2011 02:55 AM

Re: GPS Problems ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquid307 (Post 2065971)

Tried it and but my GPS is constantly searching...I turned off USE WIRELESS NETWORKS and GPS on, its as if my GPS hardware isnt detected, CoPilot Live doesnt detect GPS either. Thanks, its was worth a try.

deck 03-09-2011 03:54 AM

rc1 is being pushed back due to the gps issue. I wont release rc1 until it is fixed 100%. today or tomorrow.

-deck

spivey8 03-09-2011 09:16 AM

no problem, cant wait :)