PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   [10-11-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [1.3][2.3.7 Stable] #Stablistic (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141521)

CtDMonet 03-09-2011 10:55 AM

Re: [3-6-11][ROM] gingerbread-evo-deck [beta7][WIP]

I had the same storage card problem - I used the "safely eject hard ware when I connected, and it seemed to correct it.

CtDMonet 03-09-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deck (Post 2066137)
rc1 is being pushed back due to the gps issue. I wont release rc1 until it is fixed 100%. today or tomorrow.
-deck

Thanks. I love the look and speed of the rom. I really don't know what all the hype about sense is -- it really isn't that much different. I am enough of a newbie to not know what the abbreviations stand for -- if this is aosp - what does that stand for (Android Operating System, Playa!)?

If it is any help, I think there were some Nexus One problems with GPS when GB was released. Can we get Swype and Hulu fix in the update?

CtDMonet 03-09-2011 11:24 AM

My friend with a Nexus One, installed "GPS Status & Toolbox" from the market, run it - open tools, manage a gps state - some options, etc. You can reset and download new data I guess. I can't really check it at work, as I am stationary ;-) If anyone wants to try it, let us know if it works.

CtDMonet 03-09-2011 11:41 AM

I had an issue with the ringtones - I didn't hear my ringer when bluetooth was connected (unless I was wearing it -- only ringing through bluetooth). I think I solved it, but haven't fully tested.

liquid307 03-09-2011 04:51 PM

1st I would like to thank DECK for the ROM, keep up the good work.

I was having allot of issues with the CM versions

These themes are currently working on this version, when you flash theme you're only get the basics with these themes, you have to put in wallpapers & docks to make them look like screen shots ! my favorites are monochrome & vivid by: sonnysekhon

[THEMES][CM7] themes by iamthebigcheeze | [UPDATED 3-8] All themes updated! - xda-developers

[THEME] Themes for CM7 - xda-developers

liquid307 03-09-2011 06:06 PM

Another Fix for GPS

HOW TO FIX GPS

You need to be on a SENSE ROM before you flash my rom FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS to a T

1 - Go to the Market and download the app: MSL Reader
2 - Use this app to get your MSL # (mine was six digits)
3 - Launch phone dialer and dial ##GPSCLRX# (##4772579#)
4 - Enter the MSL Number from above
5 - Your phone will automatically reboot in 10 seconds
6 - After you're rebooted back into the Sense rom you can go and flash the rom.
7 - wipe the phone. Both cache partition and wipe to factory default.
8 - then flash the rom

erawtik 03-09-2011 10:33 PM

I get the white htc screen then it goes black and back to white screen then to recovery. Iv tried twice now and get the same thing each time. I wiped wiped flashed rom then gapps. Going back to backup for now.

spivey8 03-10-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CtDMonet (Post 2066225)
I had an issue with the ringtones - I didn't hear my ringer when bluetooth was connected (unless I was wearing it -- only ringing through bluetooth). I think I solved it, but haven't fully tested.

not sure if this is a problem, because i hated when i had my bluetooth in and my phone would still ring... if its ringing in my ear i dont need my phone to ring too... just my .02 :)

SeventhGen 03-10-2011 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erawtik (Post 2066516)
I get the white htc screen then it goes black and back to white screen then to recovery. Iv tried twice now and get the same thing each time. I wiped wiped flashed rom then gapps. Going back to backup for now.

is your radio/pri/wimax updated to the newest?

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquid307 (Post 2066400)
Another Fix for GPS

HOW TO FIX GPS

You need to be on a SENSE ROM before you flash my rom FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS to a T

1 - Go to the Market and download the app: MSL Reader
2 - Use this app to get your MSL # (mine was six digits)
3 - Launch phone dialer and dial ##GPSCLRX# (##4772579#)
4 - Enter the MSL Number from above
5 - Your phone will automatically reboot in 10 seconds
6 - After you're rebooted back into the Sense rom you can go and flash the rom.
7 - wipe the phone. Both cache partition and wipe to factory default.
8 - then flash the rom

rite on!!! i just seen this on xda also. i did it and bam my gps is all good!

CtDMonet 03-10-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spivey8 (Post 2066581)
not sure if this is a problem, because i hated when i had my bluetooth in and my phone would still ring... if its ringing in my ear i dont need my phone to ring too... just my .02 :)

I see it both ways. If I happen to have be wearing my bluetooth, I like it ringing in the headset, but if it is sitting on my desk, I would prefer at least an audible tone.... Either way it appears to be able to be set in the advanced settings :headbang: