PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 10/20/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | Offical 3.29.651.5| Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
is there ANY reason to use the SPRINT HOTSPOT program over the one that currently works (but it seems to shut off after a period of time?).. Can we FIX the one that currently works to resolve this SHUTOFF ISSUE?
I was also having the disconnect problem with WiFi Tether, so that is why this option being made available is so nice for me, even though it is only 3G. But personally I absolutely LOVE the factory USB Tether feature. I most always only have to connect one pc, I don't have to broadcast anything, and the phone is being charged the whole time I am using it, instead of being drained. I never had any problem with WiFi Tether on this ROM using versions of a couple months ago or so. So I am not sure if it is Froyo or ROM related, since I don't run anyone's ROM but Chris's.

Update: I just tried WiFi Tether again and it ran exactly 4min before disconnection, and the phone was cold to the feel, not hot, so I know that isn't a part of the problem.
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15

Last edited by wherestheanykey; 10-21-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Re: [ROM] 10/20/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | Offical 3.29.651.5| Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In

I dont have any USB ports available when I need to tether as I am using it as a DJ PC with 4 things connected and only 4 usb ports... I just want to get a 3g/4g wireless tether thing working without the disconnects... Will there be any way to install this as a stand alone app update? or is there something in the ROM that makes this work without sprint charging?
Old 10-21-2010, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
Okay, I believe that this happens due to 4G MAC address authentication. In simple terms, if you don't subscribe to the hotspot application and pay the 29.99/month, you are limited to Sprint Hotspot only supporting 3G speed at this time, however it works nontheless. This is also why I kept the "Wi-Fi Hotspot" app available in the rom to support 4G tethering.
I also noticed on mine, that in the Manage Users option for the hotspot app, is says Max. Connections is 2. Not sure what that is all about but I think WiFi Tether will allow more than that, if it works well for you.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
I dont have any USB ports available when I need to tether as I am using it as a DJ PC with 4 things connected and only 4 usb ports... I just want to get a 3g/4g wireless tether thing working without the disconnects... Will there be any way to install this as a stand alone app update? or is there something in the ROM that makes this work without sprint charging?
If you don't want to wipe your phone to get it, all I did was put the stand alone version on my SD card (root), booted into the ColckworkMod recovery, (I have is as a Update.zip file on my SD card) and chose to install the zip from SD card, without wiping anything first. And it installed and kept all of my data and apps just the way they were.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

djqwikcut, research indicates that a couple of things have been big cotributors to wifi disconnects are, if you have installed the app Tasker and have it running shut it down and see if it helps. And going into the settings for wifi tether and changing the channel from 6 to 1. The developer's site also indicates that you need to be using a custom kernel that supports iptables, but I don't know how that applies to us. Hope one of the two helps your situation.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

flashed this over my fresh rom. atdhe.net actually works! and when i turn on 4g theres no lag on web pages! great rom!
Old 10-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Jon_Reed is a n00b

Is there a new technique for updating? What happened to the PC36IMG.zip file? Sorry if I missed it somewhere...
Old 10-22-2010, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro1/Touch Pro2/Evo 4G

el1nc0mparabl3 is keeping up the good workel1nc0mparabl3 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Reed View Post
Is there a new technique for updating? What happened to the PC36IMG.zip file? Sorry if I missed it somewhere...
hey chris frist time posting on this side and i was wondering if on the next release update you might be able to include this hack Call Recording Made Easy for Android Users with Root
Old 10-22-2010, 05:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G & HTC Touch Pro 2

DeMoNFLiP is a n00b

how do you update the latest all-in-one rom 10/20/10? i end up with a sprint lovers zip and not the PC36IMG? i extracted the zip and i see it's not the same as the last update. can anyone explain to me on what and how to update the latest rom? i rename the zip to PC36IMG and saved it to my sd then booted it and it cannot update.

Often Imitated.
Never Duplicated.
HTC EVO 4G!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

Before I do a system UPDATE, is there ANYTHING that I will break? that last time I did a system update, it broke the visual voicemail where I would receive text messages when voiemail came in but the visual program didnt work. If I update form 10/3 to the latest will I have ANY issues (I dont want to erase my phone or anything).

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development