View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 01:59 PM
wherestheanykey
PPCGeeks Regular

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 10/20/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | Offical 3.29.651.5| Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
is there ANY reason to use the SPRINT HOTSPOT program over the one that currently works (but it seems to shut off after a period of time?).. Can we FIX the one that currently works to resolve this SHUTOFF ISSUE?
I was also having the disconnect problem with WiFi Tether, so that is why this option being made available is so nice for me, even though it is only 3G. But personally I absolutely LOVE the factory USB Tether feature. I most always only have to connect one pc, I don't have to broadcast anything, and the phone is being charged the whole time I am using it, instead of being drained. I never had any problem with WiFi Tether on this ROM using versions of a couple months ago or so. So I am not sure if it is Froyo or ROM related, since I don't run anyone's ROM but Chris's.

Update: I just tried WiFi Tether again and it ran exactly 4min before disconnection, and the phone was cold to the feel, not hot, so I know that isn't a part of the problem.
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15

Last edited by wherestheanykey; 10-21-2010 at 02:49 PM.