PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 06:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 10/20/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | Offical 3.29.651.5| Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In

ROM UPDATE POSTED - 10/20/10

Changelog 10/20/10:
-Unlocked USB tethering
-Unlocked Sprint Hotspot (3G) Please report 4G tethering functionality using "Sprint Hotspot"
-Extra HTC wallpapers
Old 10-20-2010, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution

djelmonstruo is keeping up the good workdjelmonstruo is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to djelmonstruo Send a message via MSN to djelmonstruo
Re: [ROM] 10/20/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | Offical 3.29.651.5| Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post

Changelog 10/20/10:
-Unlocked USB tethering
-Unlocked Sprint Hotspot (3G) Please report 4G tethering functionality using "Sprint Hotspot"
-Extra HTC wallpapers
lets go for it .... you did something different or is the same of the test?
Old 10-20-2010, 11:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Changelog 10/20/10:
-Unlocked USB tethering
-Extra HTC wallpapers
Does Unlocked USB tethering mean that we can use either the option "USB tethering" in the Wireless & Network settings, or just select the "USB tethering" selection in the list of USB connection options that pops up when we plug the phone into the PC? And are you also saying we can use the actual "Sprint Hotspot" app for wireless tethering instead of Wifi Tether app? Sorry if these questions seem obvious, but I am just so impressed and extatic with these improvements if that's what it means, that I am having trouble believing it is true. You are a hero man!
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
Old 10-20-2010, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work
Re: [ROM] 10/16/10 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | Offical 3.29.651.5| Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In

Quote:
There is probably a common factor between you guys. I am thinking possibly the recovery versions that you guys are using. My ROM's are not signed so perhaps if your recovery version is looking for only signed roms it might cause the issue. The PC36IMG should not have that issue as far as I know though. I can sign the rom and re-upload but it probably won't be good to go for a few hours. As I said though coming from my ROM's and installing new updates I have zero issues as to what you reported with installation probelems.
chris, what recovery are you using? Is it clockworkMod or Amon RA or something else? I posted earlier that for whatever reason my recovery just says "Build : not set" at the bottom of the screen and I would like to get the one you use flashed to my phone, so that is the one that I get whenever I boot into recovery. I was hoping one of the ROM users, who happens to be knowledgable about recovery images, would jump in and help with this. But if you can just point me to a thread regarding flashing whatever version you think is best, that's cool too.

Thanks,
Old 10-21-2010, 10:15 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
Does Unlocked USB tethering mean that we can use either the option "USB tethering" in the Wireless & Network settings, or just select the "USB tethering" selection in the list of USB connection options that pops up when we plug the phone into the PC? And are you also saying we can use the actual "Sprint Hotspot" app for wireless tethering instead of Wifi Tether app? Sorry if these questions seem obvious, but I am just so impressed and extatic with these improvements if that's what it means, that I am having trouble believing it is true. You are a hero man!
To answer your questions, when you plug in your USB cable you can now use the USB Tethering option within android without a problem. You can also now use the stock "Sprint Hotspot" application to share internet connection. The Sprint Hotspot app may or may not work fully with 4G however which is why I posted here that I need feedback from those who have 4G available. (This is also why I kept the "Wi-Fi Hotspot" app available incase you want to use 4G for wireless tethering)

Quote:
chris, what recovery are you using? Is it clockworkMod or Amon RA or something else? I posted earlier that for whatever reason my recovery just says "Build : not set" at the bottom of the screen and I would like to get the one you use flashed to my phone, so that is the one that I get whenever I boot into recovery. I was hoping one of the ROM users, who happens to be knowledgable about recovery images, would jump in and help with this. But if you can just point me to a thread regarding flashing whatever version you think is best, that's cool too.

Thanks,
I am personally still using the old school recovery that came with the toast method of rooting. I have not had any problems with it so I continue to use it. Others may use different versions and they may be able to lead you in a better direction and give more input than myself. Hope this all helps!
Old 10-21-2010, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The Great EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint = #1

KDmospd is keeping up the good workKDmospd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I am personally still using the old school recovery that came with the toast method of rooting. I have not had any problems with it so I continue to use it. Others may use different versions and they may be able to lead you in a better direction and give more input than myself. Hope this all helps!
For this current rom I used Rom Manager (ClockworkMod)

Marketplace is acting slow but it was doing that (today only) before I flashed to the Sprint Lovers 10/20/10 rom.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:

Changelog 10/20/10:
-Unlocked USB tethering
-Extra HTC wallpapers
Well in my case, I was connected to 4G, then launched the Sprint Hotspot app, and as soon as I checked the box to turn it on, it automatically bumped me back on 3G. But it does work on 3G so way to go dude, you rock.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Almost a VIP

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

is there ANY reason to use the SPRINT HOTSPOT program over the one that currently works (but it seems to shut off after a period of time?).. Can we FIX the one that currently works to resolve this SHUTOFF ISSUE?
Old 10-21-2010, 01:37 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
is there ANY reason to use the SPRINT HOTSPOT program over the one that currently works (but it seems to shut off after a period of time?).. Can we FIX the one that currently works to resolve this SHUTOFF ISSUE?
A: The Sprint Hotspot fix ALSO enables USB tethering.

B. Some users (myself included) like the look and use of stock applications over 3rd party apps.

C. If you have a problem with the Wireless Tether app, you may want to contact the developer and see if they can help you. I personally as well as others on the site replied to you and stated that they did not observe any problems with the app "shutting off" at any time.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:39 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Well in my case, I was connected to 4G, then launched the Sprint Hotspot app, and as soon as I checked the box to turn it on, it automatically bumped me back on 3G. But it does work on 3G so way to go dude, you rock.
Okay, I believe that this happens due to 4G MAC address authentication. In simple terms, if you don't subscribe to the hotspot application and pay the 29.99/month, you are limited to Sprint Hotspot only supporting 3G speed at this time, however it works nontheless. This is also why I kept the "Wi-Fi Hotspot" app available in the rom to support 4G tethering.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development