PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

LeoDit is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 7/12/10 | Sprint Lovers Evo | OTA | Updated Radio/Wimax 4G | Uninstallable

When I try to download I only receive a 5.42 KByte zip file. Any suggestions? Tried several times with same results.

Thanks
Old 07-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

LeoDit is a n00b
Re: [ROM] 7/12/10 | Sprint Lovers Evo | OTA | Updated Radio/Wimax 4G | Uninstallable

Got it! Downloaded to my PC and then to phone. All is well.

Thanks,
Old 07-14-2010, 06:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

I downloaded Sprint_Lovers_Evo_7.12.10_ZIP.zip. Can this be used with the GUI, "Root new OTA with 4 clicks" that just popped up?

Thanks
Old 07-14-2010, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: na
Carrier: sprint

dacoz21 is just getting started

Chris,

I've just revert back to stock and am trying to root using toast's method. However, when I get to changing the PC36img to root-pc36img and change eng-pc36img to pc36img and go to my command line, I gett the follow error:

# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
/sdcard/flash_image: No such file or directory
#

Any suggestions?
dacoz
Old 07-14-2010, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoz21 View Post
Chris,

I've just revert back to stock and am trying to root using toast's method. However, when I get to changing the PC36img to root-pc36img and change eng-pc36img to pc36img and go to my command line, I gett the follow error:

# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
/sdcard/flash_image: No such file or directory
#

Any suggestions?
dacoz
I can tell you what happened to me. I extracted straight to the sdcard and forgot winzip was going to create a folder. I got that same error. My guess is your files aren't in the root. I think I did that twice while following the full procedure in post 2.

/edit: winzip? what year is this? i meant winrar...lol.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon

---------------------------------------------------
Old 07-14-2010, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks but the only file in which the guide shows is PC36IMG.zip which is the only file. Do i need to extra that onto the sd card?
Old 07-15-2010, 02:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Hand_Banana is a n00b

I have been running this ROM for about 1 week now, with no issues. Great work! Just have a question, is there a way to get rid of Sprint VMM app completely? I want to prevent it from even being accessed from the task bar. Thank you in advance for any help with this!
Old 07-15-2010, 04:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

parousia15 is keeping up the good workparousia15 is keeping up the good work

my FlashLite appears to be no longer working. Anytime I try to view flash content, I only see a small blue cube with a question mark. This was not the case before rooting and flashing this ROM. I don't know if it was the method I used to root (post-OTA using the flash vulnerability) or if it is related to this ROM.

I try to reinstall the apk using root explorer but it says app did not install. Flash on skyfire works, but I'm not a big fan of the web browser.

Any advice?

Edit: Nevermind, for some reason it is working now. Perhaps it had something to do with my running skyfire first, but now my other browser runs flash.

Last edited by parousia15; 07-15-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well I was able to get everything installed. However, I still do not have 4g. I reverted back to stock then used toast ver to root. I then installed 712 ver 1 of sprint lovers. I've also updated prl. Any suggestions?
Old 07-15-2010, 04:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoz21 View Post
Well I was able to get everything installed. However, I still do not have 4g. I reverted back to stock then used toast ver to root. I then installed 712 ver 1 of sprint lovers. I've also updated prl. Any suggestions?
I have several persons confirming that 4G works fine. I do not live in a 4G area therefore I cannot test this myself. Other users on here can hopefully guide you in the right directtion however if you have rooted and installed Version1 you should be good to go. Maybe possible you're not in a 4G area?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development