PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 01:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 01/10/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
Ok I have a very specific issue and am wondering if anyone can duplicate it. I use the Engadget app by AOL a lot to keep up on all the latest cell phone info. When looking at the articles in this app, often they have a button to click to play a video they have linked to. For a little while now when I click on the button to play a video, and then choose "Internet" when prompted whether to use YouTube or Internet. My Android browser opens and flashes once and then just goes blank and never ends up loading anything. I had a friend of mine try it today on an unrooted EVO he just got and it works fine. I just wiped all items in recovery and flashed the most recent all in one version of the ROM, but I still get the same thing. If anyone wants to try this out, when opening the Engadget app I select the imobile catagory and an example of a video that fails is in the article "LG Optimus 2X 1080p video surfaces, captures a slow day at the docks". It is about nine articles down on the second page right now.

Thanks,
I don't have that app, but I have been having trouble accessing some websites on my phone for a few hours now.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

8rotor8 is keeping up the good work8rotor8 is keeping up the good work
Re: [ROM] 01/10/11 | SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 | Radio/Wimax/PRI All-In-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
Just started doing this to me a few hours ago. It was fine before that. I think it's a Sprint issue.
I was on WIFI/4g/3g and it's all slow...

Also, my touch buttons on the bottom don't light up.
History of Phones: Sanyo 5500, Samsung VGA 1000, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8300, Samsung 970, Samsung 920, Samsung 880, Samsung Blade, Palm 700p, Palm 755p, Palm 800w, HTC Diamond, Palm Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, finally a Palm Pre!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 02:13 AM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8rotor8 View Post
I was on WIFI/4g/3g and it's all slow...

Also, my touch buttons on the bottom don't light up.
My buttons still light up. I tried 3G and 4G, no WiFi though. Been using this ROM for a while now with no issues. I'm pretty sure it isn't related to the ROM.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks, I guess it will be another wipe for me.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

odell leon is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
I don't have that app, but I have been having trouble accessing some websites on my phone for a few hours now.
I did exactly what you suggested. When I tried to play the Internet version of the video it did EXACTLY the same as your phone. When I tried using the You Tube method the video played.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

odell leon is just getting started

I tried another video on the engadget site and when selecting internet as method of playing video I got a blank but when using you tube it worked. Seems like this app wont connect to the internet. My guess is the problem is in the rom and Chris should check it out.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:57 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by odell leon View Post
I tried another video on the engadget site and when selecting internet as method of playing video I got a blank but when using you tube it worked. Seems like this app wont connect to the internet. My guess is the problem is in the rom and Chris should check it out.
The problem isn't the ROM, I think Sprint is/was having a data issue. I was on the net all day yesterday, and then towards the end of the day my internet stopped working for certain sites (both 3G and 4G). The site would load halfway and then just stop. I don't know if it is still doing that or not. But I have been using this ROM for a while now (still on 12-31 version) and it has never done that before.

Also, this morning when I checked my phone at 7:00 am I noticed my time said 4:00 pm. I rebooted the phone and it had the right time for a bit and changed back to the wrong time after a few minutes. It's only on the HTC time widget, up in the top corner has the correct time. It has been doing this ever since the latest Sprint update (which is cooked into the ROM). I have my time zone set manually instead of "automatically get from network" or whatever, and it is still doing it. When I tap the weather widget it lists some weird city I have never heard of (presumably in Africa).
Old 01-19-2011, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I did exactly what you suggested. When I tried to play the Internet version of the video it did EXACTLY the same as your phone. When I tried using the You Tube method the video played.
Quote:
Ok thanks for your time, that is exactly the same results I get. The YouTube app will play but the Internet browser won't. However on a stock EVO they both work. Chris would you be willing to try this experiment on your device and see what you get?

Has anyone else tried this, or would anyone else?
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
Old 01-19-2011, 01:23 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
Ok thanks for your time, that is exactly the same results I get. The YouTube app will play but the Internet browser won't. However on a stock EVO they both work. Chris would you be willing to try this experiment on your device and see what you get?

Has anyone else tried this, or would anyone else?
So I am still having trouble accessing several websites using the web browser.

I still think it's a Sprint network issue. Page loads halfway then stops on 3G and 4G.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I don't think it's sprint, because it did it to me on wifi too

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development