PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 10:16 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.3 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchamero View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Please, please, please, an odexed version... The deodexed takes too much phone memory and it is slowest to boot..
And if you don't change themes, you really don't need it...
sure, I actually prefer odex too, but have gotten away from it....if I have time tomorrow, I will build one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
OMJ, ever though of using the percent battery icon? That would be a nice add-on.

Something like this?

though the battery icon looks nice, I prefer leaving it stock, and those that want it can add.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
Hello IKNO, i never test the fresh leaked .26 that had kernel htc 7, do you think that the new one is same or better talking about battery life
I did use that one and the battery life was great.
It's a bit too early to tell on the latest but it SEEMS really good. I usually wait two full charging cycles to assess battery. I was able to wirelessly tether a lot today which is why I say it seems really strong.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Hawaii Tom is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
I have an App which is STUCK in Download Mode through the Market. I've cleared the cache, dalvik cache, I even downloaded an app called cache cleaner. NOTHING.. the freaking thing is there trying to download (Drop Box is the app by the way).. When I try and download drop box again the window pops up and shows the download in progress. But nothing is happening. I try to stop the download and I get a FORCE CLOSED with the error (process com.android.vending) and I have to FC.

As near as I can tell by reading the comments in the Dropbox market entry, everybody is having that same problem. I know I am. Someone said it's between Dropbox and Google. Been trying to update to Dropbox 1.0 for 2 days now.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Agreed on the battery icon, stock is good and less depressing, percentage is too revealing. Lol
Old 09-23-2010, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

If you want an app with percentage displayed, one with the percentage in Notifications is called Battery Status Pro.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
Hello IKNO, i never test the fresh leaked .26 that had kernel htc 7, do you think that the new one is same or better talking about battery life
I gave up on using kernels for now... Ever since I updated to stock kernel with OMJs v3.2 my battery life has NEVER, NEVER ever been better... It's AWESOME... I just flashed v3.3 now and I'm waiting for it to finalize the reboot... Hopefully it's as good or better than v3.2 before.

Good luck..
Old 09-24-2010, 03:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bugzy is keeping up the good workbugzy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Agreed on the battery icon, stock is good and less depressing, percentage is too revealing. Lol
that is true
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I just installed the new radios package: Baseband 2.15.00.09.01, PRI 1.77_003 and WiMax 26023. Unless I'm wrong, my download speeds on Speedtest.net just bumped up. We'll see what happens with battery life. Speaking of which, I think this last build has a modified Battery Use screen at Settings/About Phone/Battery/Battery use. I don't recall the old one saying how long the phone had been unplugged.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii Tom View Post
I just installed the new radios package: Baseband 2.15.00.09.01, PRI 1.77_003 and WiMax 26023. Unless I'm wrong, my download speeds on Speedtest.net just bumped up. We'll see what happens with battery life. Speaking of which, I think this last build has a modified Battery Use screen at Settings/About Phone/Battery/Battery use. I don't recall the old one saying how long the phone had been unplugged.
New radio package? Where, where?.... Cuz I must have missed it on OMJ's post #1.... Do you have a link... And the package will also flash your PRI??... That was a mission and a half to get updated OTA just a few weeks ago..

Link please....

Thanks..
Old 09-24-2010, 06:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Ok... Here is another bug I got.
Exchange Activesync.

I connect to my work server fine and it works for about 20 hrs. Then i lose connection with server because it can not authenticate me. I've been able to go around this issue by unchecking the mail, contacts, and calendar and waiting a few minutes then i start by checking the calendar sync box first, wait for sync.... And it works. But Im having to do this every day... The connection is only lasting about 20 hrs or so..

Anyone else pushing emails and ran into this issue?... My second evo has no problems with pushing emails.. Same server but different user...

Thanks..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development