PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
Hey so does the sd card need to be partitioned to install apps to sd card or will it work with a unpartitioned card

Works without it

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:33 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Didn't know the rom in the first link on the first page has a camera cap of 3mp...............well worth it for all my frames though!

So now my question is......how come I can still record in 720p but can only shot pics at 3mp?!?!?!?!

Just curious!
Old 08-10-2010, 06:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
The native Froyo SD app move doesn't require partioning but the apps ability to be moved is up the the dev.
If you want to use apps2SD then you would have to partition like in Eclair.

thanks man

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 08-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
Didn't know the rom in the first link on the first page has a camera cap of 3mp...............well worth it for all my frames though!

So now my question is......how come I can still record in 720p but can only shot pics at 3mp?!?!?!?!

Just curious!
netarchy is using a Froyo kernel but not a Evo kernel (missing device specific drivers) since the Evo source kernel has not been released.
It's a mod so some things are "off". The fix is simple, flash the stock kernel linked here and in netarchy's thread and set your camera to 8MP. Then flash the modded kernel. Your device will SAY 3MP but you should be able to shoot in 8MP (1952X3264). Once set dont mess with your MP settings or it may mess things up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
thanks man
Sure, np
Old 08-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Almost a VIP

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ok so no app killer vs app killer after two days....everything seems to be exactly he same. Actually might just be a little smoother without it.

Just thought Id throw that in.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

yaaah_hoo is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Because I'm in a good mood...Merry Christmas
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714

Follow the steps in Post #2, Section 2 either with or without the PC.
Hey Iknowsquat I sucessfully flashed ROOT part II but now when I go into recovery and flash OMJ v 1.7 I'm getting E: Can't find update script. Man I have no idea what to do now. Can you help pleaaassse.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaah_hoo View Post
Hey Iknowsquat I sucessfully flashed ROOT part II but now when I go into recovery and flash OMJ v 1.7 I'm getting E: Can't find update script. Man I have no idea what to do now. Can you help pleaaassse.
If you are trying to flash ROM1 then you do not flash it via recovery. It's in the PC36IMG format. Place it on your card then boot into bootloader, the device will read the device just like during the root process. Make sure you rename/remove the PC36 file you used to do Part II.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

juortiz85 is a n00b

OKay I have the Latest 2.2 i downloaded from you. I also saw the cam is capped at 3MP. Do you know when will this change? Or do you of any other Rom's with the 8MP Capabilities? PLease I really would love to have 2.2 with my 8MP working. Thanks..
Old 08-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by juortiz85 View Post
OKay I have the Latest 2.2 i downloaded from you. I also saw the cam is capped at 3MP. Do you know when will this change? Or do you of any other Rom's with the 8MP Capabilities? PLease I really would love to have 2.2 with my 8MP working. Thanks..
If you use the ROM with the stock kernal it wont have the 3MP glitch, only the rom with netarchys kernal has that little tiny problem.

But if you download the stock kernal rom and set your camera settings to 8 and flash netarchys kernal on top of that, you will have 8mp camera, it will just say 3...but its lying
Old 08-10-2010, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

DCLocal is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Ok so no app killer vs app killer after two days....everything seems to be exactly he same. Actually might just be a little smoother without it.

Just thought Id throw that in.
Same here; I'm running great without ATK. I also downloaded SystemPanel from the market which is a cool app that track usage and what programs use the most resources and power. The free version is excellent but the full version tracks history. It is a very informative program with a great help guide that explains how froyo handles memory differently than before and that task killers are not needed. It's worth a look.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development