PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/8/10*

Congrats OMMJ!! Old_Man_Moderator_Jenkins
Old 06-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

colorado_al is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Working great here!
4G too!
Would be nice to have all apps either stripped and installable from links, or have them all installed and moved to user uninstallable memory.

Excellent work!
Thanks!!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:03 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

I have a suggestion for your next build. Add in a custom host file to block certain sites. Here is a link to what I am talking about:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=695411

I built this into my custom ROM and it works great. It even blocks ads on many of the apps I run.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

r_pav is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to r_pav Send a message via MSN to r_pav Send a message via Yahoo to r_pav

OMJ, as always, your rom rocks! Just one quick question - has anyone who's flashed been able to access the ## Phone Code menus? I keep trying and I'm not having any luck. Is there a circumvention for the lack of access like with WM6, or is it possible to add that functionality back in?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_pav View Post
OMJ, as always, your rom rocks! Just one quick question - has anyone who's flashed been able to access the ## Phone Code menus? I keep trying and I'm not having any luck. Is there a circumvention for the lack of access like with WM6, or is it possible to add that functionality back in?
Just tried this one

*#*#4636#*#*

and it worked fine.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:43 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

##DATA# Works fine for me.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:16 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Thanks guys!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Congrats OMJ on becoming a Mod! Rom looks great as well. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Go to Menu>Settings>Sound & Display> Un-check "Haptic feedback"

The keyboard haptic feedback is separate.

Congrats a becoming a Mod OMJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpucillo74 View Post
Congrats on MOD status bro! Sorry if this is a super noob question but will this ROM wipe my data clean? I am new to Android, another refugee from the WinMo camp, and the flashing process is totally different. If this has been discussed already please don't flame me because I am out the door on my way to work and haven't searched too thoroughly. Thanks and it's cool to see some names in the forum from the TP2 rooms
yes, it's advised to wipe b4 flashing everytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgt View Post
I let you know this about 10 pages back and you said it worked fine for you.
yes, I remember, but the issue was the "DOWNLOAD" link was correct, and for some reason the title was linked to the old file....I always only link the word DOWNLOAD.....so we were both right thx though

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Yup, clean as a whistle. Actually YOU wipe the device pre-flash to ensure a clean install.

Yes, just extract the Sprint Nav apk (Droid version of a .cab file) to your card. Then once up and running, open Adroid Mate (included in the ROM) which has a file explorer feature. Navigate to the program on your card, click and you're golden.
Cool thing about Android is you can add/delete apk's from the Chef's zip BEFORE you flash so it gets installed at the get go. Just have to put in in the right folder. Not 100% positive of the path, it's been talked about though,
I'll go see if I can find it and edit this post.
Hope that helps.

EDIT: OK, got it (anyone correct me if I'm wrong) you can put an apk in System>app folder and it should set up with the flash. Or just do it post flash like I said above.

@OMJ-Thanks again Bruddah! Been running smoof all day! Congrats on your Mod status. So you can Mod your own thread? How dope is that?
Android Mate also has a Installer tab that you can use to install apks

also, if you add apks to the rom prior to flashing, yes you can add to system/app, but then they cannot be uninstalled, I prefer to use Data/app, that way they can be uninstalled if u want

also, dont use windows zip....the zip wont flash, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Congrats OMMJ!! Old_Man_Moderator_Jenkins
lol, should I change my name to OMMJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
I have a suggestion for your next build. Add in a custom host file to block certain sites. Here is a link to what I am talking about:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=695411

I built this into my custom ROM and it works great. It even blocks ads on many of the apps I run.
cool, thx for lettin me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post

CW
same here.....that reminds me...I need to get my MSL
Old 06-09-2010, 10:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

MikeOD is becoming a great contributor

I just installed it (1.2 with no sprint nonsense)...the ## dialing works for me...I'm very happy to not have the Sprint nonsense...this is much better than it was before. Thank you.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

r_pav is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to r_pav Send a message via MSN to r_pav Send a message via Yahoo to r_pav

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post

CW
Oh, cool. I just rebooted and it worked. Must've gotten stuck somehow. Thanks!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

vMAC is a n00b

OMJ don't know if you can help me with this but would appreciate your input (or anyone who reads this for that matter).

I need to know what files are necessary in order for the clock/weather widget to run correctly. I deleted a couple to get rid of some stuff I didn't need and now it won't update the weather but the clock works fine?

Which files are necessary for this to work correctly?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development