PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

vansmack is keeping up the good workvansmack is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/9/

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
uncheck Sense 2.5, enable titanium, soft reset, go to mail, enter your hotmail email, should work.
If you don't try to run Windows Live from Sense, this should work (at least it did for me when I tried this first thing after flashing).

snsethy, this is what I did first thing after Flash:

Windows Icon->Settings->Home->Items->Uncheck HTC Sense->Check Windows Default->OK

After the titanium interface came up, I did a soft reset (hold down power, choose soft reset).

After the reboot, I scrolled down to the Windows Live tab on the titanium interface, tapped that, entered my data, followed the Windows Live Steps.

Refollow the steps above to turn HTC sense back on:

Windows Icon->Settings->Home->Items->unCheck Windows Default->check HTC Sense->OK

I had my Windows mail in sense and was able to sign into MSN Messenger.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None Yet
Carrier: Boost

snsethy is a n00b
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/9/

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmack View Post
If you don't try to run Windows Live from Sense, this should work (at least it did for me when I tried this first thing after flashing).

snsethy, this is what I did first thing after Flash:

Windows Icon->Settings->Home->Items->Uncheck HTC Sense->Check Windows Default->OK

After the titanium interface came up, I did a soft reset (hold down power, choose soft reset).

After the reboot, I scrolled down to the Windows Live tab on the titanium interface, tapped that, entered my data, followed the Windows Live Steps.

Refollow the steps above to turn HTC sense back on:

Windows Icon->Settings->Home->Items->unCheck Windows Default->check HTC Sense->OK

I had my Windows mail in sense and was able to sign into MSN Messenger.

I have email working, but still can't sign into messenger. oh well, i'll try again later. Thanks!

Edit to add: OK, the email stopped after I rebooted, then I couldn't get live to work without reinstalling it, so I did, and now everything is working. I just have the 2 icons.

Another few issues I ran into was that I can't add new numbers to existing contacts, and in the twitter tab I can't post the tweets while in portrait, and the t9 gets weird in landscape (i.e. typing 'I' changes to 'u' without the option of choosing the correct word.) But I don't really use twitter.

Last edited by snsethy; 02-10-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint <--anything else would be uncivilized

PaydayJones is just getting started

OMJ, this is so good! Running so quick and smooth... ANY chance you would update the kitchen with 2011 so I could do a few personal tweaks to what is already something fantastic?

I would really like to upgrade the email so it works like the newer builds with the threading.....

Either way, FAN TAS TIC work!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

cubbieswin is becoming a great contributor

I am not running the beta ROM. I keep getting the out of memory errors that other people are getting for storage. I haven't installed anything to the ROM other than Bing so I'm thinking the default space in the ROM or default installs aren't adequate for the ROM. I'm not sure what the issue is but with the current out of memory issues, the ROM isn't usable for me. I love the ROM though.... I wish I or someone else knew what the memory problem was.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Unhappy HTC Album 3.2 issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by gators2kt View Post
I was wondering if anyone else was having an issue with the latest update (1/29) freezing while viewing pictures in the album. Also, are the pictures only viewable as lancscape and not portrait?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabroso View Post

Gators2kt, I'm not an expert, but in Sense 2.5 WM 6.5.3 v1.4 I have the same issues: the first two days I use album/photo (I have to took off the battery everytime) it Freeze, but then never happend again. Sorry hope someone have a better solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
I also noticed several other issues with beta 2:
1) HTC Album 3.2
Landscape
- "X" in top right corner is off screen.
- When pressing on any menu item, the -pressed image looks wrong.
- Menu bar alignment is off in landscape.
- Slideshow photos are mis-aligned.
- "Set album as favorite" message dialog is mis-aligned.
- When accessing the "Albums menu", display is rotated to portrait. Manually rotating it back to landscape results in a non-landscaped album viewer.
- When Accessing "About" in Menu, screen is mis-aligned.
- When Acessing "Help" in Menu, screen is rotated to portrait. Then if you click "Content" error message "Cannot open Help. The File cannot be found."
Me too Bobram, "HTC ALBUM 3.2 (build 1920.3733)" doesn't work fine since Sence2.5 WM6.5.3 "V1.4", NO landscape fix yet, it is unusable because FREEZE. Apart from all the issues you mention, I have just realize that this FREEZE &no-aligned-well problem appear with new photos taken also. But if you use the HTC photo preview in Sense it works fine (no freeze and photo effects good aligned).

By the way,
I have read from the folks from mobileunderground.info they POST a tutorial
for totaly replace the HTC ALBUM with RESCO PHOTO MANAGER beta
you can read the tutorial here

Last edited by Sabroso; 02-15-2010 at 08:46 PM. Reason: mispell corrections, add new link
Old 02-10-2010, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

xraytech8704 is keeping up the good workxraytech8704 is keeping up the good work

Hi OMJ,

what rom are you using now? i tried out 2011 last night, but still think 28014 V6 still the best. anymore updates on this rom 28014 V6.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:04 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/29

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullan View Post
What do you think OMJ, 2011 a big improvement, now that you've had time to build with it? Is it going to be the basis of all your newer roms?

Thanks for posting
yes, it does seem better, but will take alittle more time to catch up w/ the 1921 port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capthr View Post
I've flashed twice and can't get "My Location" to work in weather. Also noticed "Manilla Lock" is gone.
amarullz said he would update the locker when he's done w/ the vga port

for some reason "my location" is turned off by default, you have to enable from the menu....I think I found the reg edit to enable in the rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropatel View Post
sweet..this port is coming around very quick. any comments on speed compared to sense 2.1?
I never used 2.1 much, but others have said it's speed is comparable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzie1971 View Post
hey, me too!
cool, did u live up there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG26 View Post
is the 21XXX sereis coming out? i like my start at the top
when the port is complete.....this rom is just for testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsethy View Post
I've noticed a few things with 2100...Windows Live doesn't open messenger won't let me log in. When I attempt to install an update to Live it freezes, then restarts and hangs on the splash screen and I have to reflash.
beta2 I added the latest Live, if it's not working, I'll switch it back, I should have another update as soon as amarullz releases his next update

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
I can confirm this as well. I haven't tried to install the update, but the Windows Live as it is won't open, and messenger won't allow me to access the sign in dialog.

I also noticed several other issues with beta 2:

1) HTC Album 3.2
Landscape
- "X" in top right corner is off screen.
- When pressing on any menu item, the -pressed image looks wrong.
- Menu bar alignment is off in landscape.
- Slideshow photos are mis-aligned.
- "Set album as favorite" message dialog is mis-aligned.
- When accessing the "Albums menu", display is rotated to portrait. Manually rotating it back to landscape results in a non-landscaped album viewer.
- When Accessing "About" in Menu, screen is mis-aligned.
- When Acessing "Help" in Menu, screen is rotated to portrait. Then if you click "Content" error message "Cannot open Help. The File cannot be found."

Portrait
- No menu bar in portrait mode.

2) HTC Messages
- Text alignment is off when searching to add recipients.
- Recipient search does not work, cannot find any contacts.

So it looks like the porting still has a way to go. Maybe this info would be better posted in the porting thread.

OMJ were you using the test 4 port?

yes, I'm using update #4, along w/ the CFC pkg from cpt throwback....The Album issues are old news, it's been discussed many many times, in landscape the pic does not line up properly, but I just got a fix, that will be in the next update. there is no menu in portrait in 3.2.

the issue adding contacts is a problem w/ the latest contact picker pkg, again I have already mentioned this.....I'll probably switch back to an earlier version

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaydayJones View Post
OMJ, this is so good! Running so quick and smooth... ANY chance you would update the kitchen with 2011 so I could do a few personal tweaks to what is already something fantastic?

I would really like to upgrade the email so it works like the newer builds with the threading.....

Either way, FAN TAS TIC work!
when the port is complete, I will upload the kitchen, right now my kitchen is a mess, and I dont want to upload multiple times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbieswin View Post
I am not running the beta ROM. I keep getting the out of memory errors that other people are getting for storage. I haven't installed anything to the ROM other than Bing so I'm thinking the default space in the ROM or default installs aren't adequate for the ROM. I'm not sure what the issue is but with the current out of memory issues, the ROM isn't usable for me. I love the ROM though.... I wish I or someone else knew what the memory problem was.
I have never seen that error....beta2 I thinned it out alittle more....on a fresh flash it has 30mb storage and around 100 mb storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraytech8704 View Post
Hi OMJ,

what rom are you using now? i tried out 2011 last night, but still think 28014 V6 still the best. anymore updates on this rom 28014 V6.
I'm still on 2011....no, I have no updates still v1.6.....it may be better only because it is more polished, in short time so will 2011.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

cubbieswin is becoming a great contributor

OMJ, there were several people reporting issues with not enough storage memory. I have 3MB free right now after poking around trying to delete things. ClearTemp didn't really help much either.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:17 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbieswin View Post
OMJ, there were several people reporting issues with not enough storage memory. I have 3MB free right now after poking around trying to delete things. ClearTemp didn't really help much either.
I am aware of the limited amount of storage memory on our Diamonds, thats the sacrifice to run Sense 2.5 which was not intended for our phones, but if you have only installed Bing, you should not be getting that error...Bing does not take up 30mb of space.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

For those of you having trouble with space, go here and download mobile mogner. It will give a visual 'map' of what's taking up space on main memory. I use it to find caches that can be deleted. HTCAlbum will make a pretty large cache if you use it to look at facebook albums. It downloads a lot of thumbnails and pictures to Application Data. Mobile monger will run fine from internal storage too. Also, you can change opera mobile's cache to internal storage (have to search for how...I can't remember).

*edit - I didn't realize that the new version of mobile monger costs money. I have attached the free version from calc's kitchen. Just copy the .exe to internal storage and run the .exe on your phone.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MobileMonger.zip (123.4 KB, 202 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by mwalt2; 02-11-2010 at 01:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development