PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue
Carrier: Sprint

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/19

Originally Posted by dreamer3kx
Love the rom but for some reason I have my data continuously running, anything I can do about it, thanks.
"thats from the new dialer, it breaks the data arrows, but your data is not truly running all the time."

Hey Ken, I really love the rom (28014 6.5.3, sense 2.5). the data does in fact run for hours and shortens the battery life considerably. Do you know an easy way to have it turn off when the phone is off, or not using data updates? I've turned off most automatic updates, but from time to time, the data connection stays on for 3-4 hours. I've seen a couple of fixes above...do you have one you recommend? Thanks a lot!
Old 01-21-2010, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T Mobile

ezzie1971 is keeping up the good workezzie1971 is keeping up the good work
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
PLEASE don't do this - not your fault, qwho, but it was me who posted that tip and I'm fairly sure it's what's causing my problems with answering calls (see an above post). In fact I'm looking for someone to tell me the *default* value for this field so I can revert it

thanks, i was just about to do this!
Old 01-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by egriffin View Post
Originally Posted by dreamer3kx
Love the rom but for some reason I have my data continuously running, anything I can do about it, thanks.
"thats from the new dialer, it breaks the data arrows, but your data is not truly running all the time."

Hey Ken, I really love the rom (28014 6.5.3, sense 2.5). the data does in fact run for hours and shortens the battery life considerably. Do you know an easy way to have it turn off when the phone is off, or not using data updates? I've turned off most automatic updates, but from time to time, the data connection stays on for 3-4 hours. I've seen a couple of fixes above...do you have one you recommend? Thanks a lot!
Hi Egriffin. I haven't specifically used this rom with the latest dialer, but I can assure you the data is not running for hours. Your phone would be burning up and battery life would be like 2 hours. I have used other roms with a similiar data arrows issue but didnt experience a battery draw. Have you tried using "battery monitor" to see the battery run rate? if data is consistently on, it will show over 450ma under discharge. it should say between 75ish to 110ish normally with nothing running.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeas2 View Post
On the latest Rom 2.5 28014 v1.5, these are the things I noticed.
Bluetooth Icon missing
Pic Viewer not showing 100% of pic, not centered correctly
Also, is this the correct dialer for CDMA? It's different than your other ROM's
I can confirm that the Bluetooth icon is missing.

FYI, the other two issues are expected. The Pic Viewer has been showing pictures off centered for a while now, it's a by-product of using a newer version of the Pic Viewer that supports more features like uploading to Youtube but was designed for WVGA screens. Hopefully that will be fully ported over someday. The dialer was also changed in this latest release to make the integration of Facebook pictures work properly.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hi Egriffin. I haven't specifically used this rom with the latest dialer, but I can assure you the data is not running for hours. Your phone would be burning up and battery life would be like 2 hours. I have used other roms with a similiar data arrows issue but didnt experience a battery draw. Have you tried using "battery monitor" to see the battery run rate? if data is consistently on, it will show over 450ma under discharge. it should say between 75ish to 110ish normally with nothing running.
Thanks riley. Although battery life appears less, it certainly is better than just a couple of hours. I'll try using battery monitor to assess usage. Glad to know the data is not really on all that time!
Old 01-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
I can confirm that the Bluetooth icon is missing.
BT icon fix for leo dialer : bt_icon_fix_leo_dialer.cab

Just install and soft reset and BT icon should work..

I tested it on a 3.* series dialer but it has the same underlying problem, the dialer needs the TaskBarIconMgr dll.. BT Icons are the same as the previous Rhodium dialer..
Old 01-21-2010, 07:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Daimond

Schwarttzy is a n00b

Hey thanks Orange Kid for the info on getting my email to work, but now I have one more problem I would like to get fixed. The opera mobile browser is extremely slow at entering text and the zooming in and out by spinning my thumb around in a circle no longer works. Is there any work arounds? Should I install the stock rom and then flash back?
Old 01-21-2010, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Canada

iggy is just getting started

For all having the Data Connection on issue, sorry if you have tried this before but if you go to Manila settings to Advanced Config/menu/more settings/connections/

choose data network/click disconnect after (bottom) and choose 30 secs or 1min...

As of Dec. 10:
OMJs 6.5 ROM w/HTC Sense - and loving it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

diamondshawn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondshawn
First of all, this is the greatest thing to happen to my phone...thanks OMJ. I
usually just read through and upgrade as the ROMS come along, but i too am having a problem with items running off the bottom of the screen. I have reflashed 28014 v1.5 several times and i notice the problem the most when trying to change the date of an appointment and when in a call.

Again...thanks OMJ. Sorry for the complaint.
what do u mean by running of the bottom of the screen? the only screen I can think of that is not ported correctly is the appointment editor page, but you can still click on OK

I have the problem on the appointment screen editor and occasionally on the dialer...keypad and end call will hang off the bottom of the screen.

Last edited by diamondshawn; 01-21-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post
For all having the Data Connection on issue, sorry if you have tried this before but if you go to Manila settings to Advanced Config/menu/more settings/connections/

choose data network/click disconnect after (bottom) and choose 30 secs or 1min...
This will give you a delay in being able to answer a call if data is active. Advanced Config was written for GSM devices and it messes up CDMA devices when that 'tweak' is used (in my experience). I think this thread talks about it: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40427

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development