View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by egriffin View Post
Originally Posted by dreamer3kx
Love the rom but for some reason I have my data continuously running, anything I can do about it, thanks.
"thats from the new dialer, it breaks the data arrows, but your data is not truly running all the time."

Hey Ken, I really love the rom (28014 6.5.3, sense 2.5). the data does in fact run for hours and shortens the battery life considerably. Do you know an easy way to have it turn off when the phone is off, or not using data updates? I've turned off most automatic updates, but from time to time, the data connection stays on for 3-4 hours. I've seen a couple of fixes above...do you have one you recommend? Thanks a lot!
Hi Egriffin. I haven't specifically used this rom with the latest dialer, but I can assure you the data is not running for hours. Your phone would be burning up and battery life would be like 2 hours. I have used other roms with a similiar data arrows issue but didnt experience a battery draw. Have you tried using "battery monitor" to see the battery run rate? if data is consistently on, it will show over 450ma under discharge. it should say between 75ish to 110ish normally with nothing running.
This post has been thanked 1 times.