PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 11/2

Just had to stop in and say thanks OMJ! This is the most stable 2.5 rom I have seen so far, aside from a little low memory I am loving 28002

thanks again and keep up the good work!
Old 11-25-2009, 06:59 PM
iondokk

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Cool Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 11/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
thx, I'm gonna do some testing/flashing tonight and try to get it working.

also, I'll be working on adding some updates....

-12 quick links
-Opera 10 via EXT instead of cab/customization

I feel I'm missing something
I'd say your deffinatly doing a great job... Love opera 10, and everything seems to work great on my end, I've been bouncing between yours and Mysterys ROM and so far I like yours best... there seems to be some stuff i'd love to see gone on my ROM that I don't use like in call recorder, microsoft my phone, marketplace,spb screen shot,audio booster, FM radio, windows live, Messenger and i wish that the task manager that is in the system folder could be accessible through the quicklinks... I don't know if this stuff is really using much space but I don't need it, and unfortunatly I am not a very good cook so I am totally dependant on your skills. I use my phone for business and don't need all of the extra goodies... but again THANX for all of your efforts. And i'm phsyked for 12 quicklinks.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:26 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 11/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iondokk View Post
I'd say your deffinatly doing a great job... Love opera 10, and everything seems to work great on my end, I've been bouncing between yours and Mysterys ROM and so far I like yours best... there seems to be some stuff i'd love to see gone on my ROM that I don't use like in call recorder, microsoft my phone, marketplace,spb screen shot,audio booster, FM radio, windows live, Messenger and i wish that the task manager that is in the system folder could be accessible through the quicklinks... I don't know if this stuff is really using much space but I don't need it, and unfortunatly I am not a very good cook so I am totally dependant on your skills. I use my phone for business and don't need all of the extra goodies... but again THANX for all of your efforts. And i'm phsyked for 12 quicklinks.
I posted the cab yesterday for the 12 quicklinks if u want it now...

Last edited by OMJ; 11-25-2009 at 08:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

Diamondeyes is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
Sounds like it... did you do the flash dance? (Back to stock first)
Did the flash dance, and now the icons are doing the sticky thing where when you go to another screen, they remain and look blurred...gahhhh...why me!
Old 11-25-2009, 08:53 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I don't know if some technical point keeps this from being possible, but with Manila 2.5 so large, maybe something you could do would be to distribute your ROMs with two files? One would be the ROM file to flash, and one would be an additional zip that would be unzipped to the root of Internal Storage.

This way, all the programs like Opera that work from flash that you would like to bundle can still be bundled, and the whole thing together would still be fully working out of the box without the user having to install more programs, but it would save on scarce storage memory. The shortcuts to all of the programs on internal storage could already be cooked into the ROM.

Thoughts?
If I remember correctly, the ROM partition is a set size, or at least that how it was on previous devices....so you wanted to make sure you included all your favorite apps in the rom, so you wouldnt waste any space.

Someone please refresh my bad memory...setting a higher pagepool robs memory from storage or program? I believe it is program...
Old 11-25-2009, 09:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopowr View Post
Well I'm still getting the low Storage Memory message pretty often even after making sure that there is nothing running in the task manager and deleting files from the device memory. Even after a soft reset, I got the message while Sense was loading up. Any other tricks or tweaks I can try to resolve the issue? Other than the memory problem this is the best ROM I've ever used!

By any chance, do you use MS My Phone for backing up? The reason I ask is after I talled OMJ's rom and did restore/backup I had a whole bunch of duplicate files stored in "storage memory". The only way I could see/get rid of them was by active syncing, and deleting through windows explore.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:26 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

I have recooked the 28002 rom that includes opera 10, it now has Opera 10 cooked in, instead of installing during customization. Added the 12 quick links on home tab, removed htc task mgr, added enative showcase that will close apps on X. Replaced the sunny animation again with the Yog patched one. uploading soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iondokk View Post
I have your solution....download my latest kitchen, it includes a template that will replicate they very rom you are running, then just remove what you dont want....BAM.....your own custom rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Just showcase, htctaskmanager is uneeded with this setup.
Thanks man, I grabbed your modified eNative showcase....works like a champ....thx much, it will now be in my 6.5.x roms
Old 11-25-2009, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tp617 is just getting started

Link is broken to latest build.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:51 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp617 View Post
Link is broken to latest build.
guess u didnt see my last comment....i'm re-uploading
Old 11-25-2009, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tp617 is just getting started

Sorry about that OMJ. Did you see that build 28004 is out?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development