View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 08:53 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 11/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I don't know if some technical point keeps this from being possible, but with Manila 2.5 so large, maybe something you could do would be to distribute your ROMs with two files? One would be the ROM file to flash, and one would be an additional zip that would be unzipped to the root of Internal Storage.

This way, all the programs like Opera that work from flash that you would like to bundle can still be bundled, and the whole thing together would still be fully working out of the box without the user having to install more programs, but it would save on scarce storage memory. The shortcuts to all of the programs on internal storage could already be cooked into the ROM.

Thoughts?
If I remember correctly, the ROM partition is a set size, or at least that how it was on previous devices....so you wanted to make sure you included all your favorite apps in the rom, so you wouldnt waste any space.

Someone please refresh my bad memory...setting a higher pagepool robs memory from storage or program? I believe it is program...