PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
my joke was either above your head, or so stupid it was just taken on literally after being misinterpreted

I doubt anyone pays more money for a phone "never flashed" especially a used diamond.

and now back to our regularly scheduled OMJ ROM thread...
Oh dry humor...where would we be without thee...

But yeah it's definitely nice having a Diamond that has only had OMJ's rom on it and NOBODY else's. The phone is ZIPPY, everything is super fast, almost no lag on anything or any program.

My friend went from a Touch Pro to a Hero. He has flashed custom roms onto his Touch Pro but wasn't very good at customizing it so he pretty much used the straight roms and didn't customize anything. I told him not to upgrade to the Hero and he did anyway. The day he got it I showed him OMJ's rom on my phone and showed him how the Diamond can do everything the Hero can and MORE. And everything the Hero does, the Diamond does it faster and prettier.

A friend of mine also has a Diamond and he let me flash the latest Energy Rom to his phone and I wasn't impressed at all, in fact I was very disappointed, I'd be embarrassed if I had a Diamond with Energy's Manila 2.5 rom. I mean I don't think NRG is concentrating on making Manila 2.5 roms but his takes the cake when it comes to sucking. I don't see why anybody who has a Diamond would use anything other than OMJ's roms.

This phone is literally a Mini-HD2 with OMJ's 6.5.3 rom.

Last edited by JQuill; 01-25-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/19

Quote:
my joke was either above your head, or so stupid it was just taken on literally after being misinterpreted
Its above my head =(.. JK REALLY TIRED.. Don't worry, thats the thing about message boards email etc.. can't tell when someone is being sarcastic

JQuill: I also think Energy does a great job, he doesnt have a diamond nor a CDMA phone, hes doing it all blind. He used to make roms across a bunch of devices so he had to have some kind of uniformity. Unfortunately with the diamonds storage space being so much less than other devices, he would have to specifically customize his ROM for the diamond to get it up to snuff.

Now lets get back to the topic at hand
Old 01-25-2010, 07:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Yeah it's all good no knock to energy at all but like you said he's working blind...he has a much better phone and obviously wants to work on his phone the most. It's just that it can be confusing for people who read his thread because he states that development for manila 2.5 wont go much further and says "space is a huge issue" when in fact he includes things that aren't even in Manila 2.5 like Max Manila that take up a huge amount of extra space. Anyway I've been giving way too many reasons why OMJ's rom is great yay for everybody I'm going home lol.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Canada

iggy is just getting started

Could someone advise how the top Operator bar was removed, would love to find this hack.

I have tried Touch_x remove top curtain CAB but it did not work, any other ideas?

As of Dec. 10:
OMJs 6.5 ROM w/HTC Sense - and loving it.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post
Could someone advise how the top Operator bar was removed, would love to find this hack.

I have tried Touch_x remove top curtain CAB but it did not work, any other ideas?
If I'm correct you could be talking about 2 things...

If you have an older version of windows mobile and have a large sized top taskbar then you have to switch to a newer version of windows mobile to get the smaller one.

If you're talking about it being gone completely not just being smaller the only screen it's not on is the LOCKED manila home screen. Once you unlock your phone it comes back.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Canada

iggy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
If I'm correct you could be talking about 2 things...

If you have an older version of windows mobile and have a large sized top taskbar then you have to switch to a newer version of windows mobile to get the smaller one.

If you're talking about it being gone completely not just being smaller the only screen it's not on is the LOCKED manila home screen. Once you unlock your phone it comes back.
Thanks JQuill, but dang, not the answer I was hoping for, could really use the extra space. Would love to have the call history their but still have two calendar entries.

BTW, I am using OMJs 1.5 ROM with Max Manila 2.5 v2.7.

Here is a screenshot that rstoyguy posted in OMJs Sense 2.5 kitchen showing no operator bar - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=97388&page=98 - Post 976

Last edited by iggy; 01-25-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:32 PM
N00b
Carrier: Bell

denisk is just getting started

Well, I guess I take back what I said about your kitchen earlier .. I keep coming back to your rom...The only other roms I can find are either fast and annoying, or glitchy and easy to use (6.5.x). Yours seems fast and great to use. I Would donate, but I guess you don't want money, unless you wanna PM me about it.

(you probably wont remember but i said your kitchen was bad, and blahblah.)

Last edited by denisk; 01-25-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:57 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhhd00 View Post
I'm still on your 28014 v1.1 and the recorder only records your voice from the mic, not the other party's voice on the line. I think this is a very common problem, from what I've read. Those files fix it, though.
btw, your zip file only had the 2 wav files....no dll

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarns View Post
any new updates/features coming soon? Looks like they've slowed down.
not really...yeah they've slowed quite abit....

Quote:
Yo OMJ. 28014 version 1.5 is RIDICULOUS. I mean ridiculously good.

I've been very fortunate...I got a new Diamond through insurance and I got it the day your version 1.2 came out, so my Diamond has ONLY been flashed with your roms. I've been using 1.5 since it came out and I don't think I need another rom until the HD2 hits the U.S. and that is a good f*cking feeling.

Just wondering if you plan on updating 1.5 at all (though it doesn't really need any I'm just wondering, all the minor bugs I don't even really notice).
thx, glad to hear ya like it....

I dont really have any specific reasons to update right now...

Quote:
Oh dry humor...where would we be without thee...

But yeah it's definitely nice having a Diamond that has only had OMJ's rom on it and NOBODY else's. The phone is ZIPPY, everything is super fast, almost no lag on anything or any program.

My friend went from a Touch Pro to a Hero. He has flashed custom roms onto his Touch Pro but wasn't very good at customizing it so he pretty much used the straight roms and didn't customize anything. I told him not to upgrade to the Hero and he did anyway. The day he got it I showed him OMJ's rom on my phone and showed him how the Diamond can do everything the Hero can and MORE. And everything the Hero does, the Diamond does it faster and prettier.

A friend of mine also has a Diamond and he let me flash the latest Energy Rom to his phone and I wasn't impressed at all, in fact I was very disappointed, I'd be embarrassed if I had a Diamond with Energy's Manila 2.5 rom. I mean I don't think NRG is concentrating on making Manila 2.5 roms but his takes the cake when it comes to sucking. I don't see why anybody who has a Diamond would use anything other than OMJ's roms.

This phone is literally a Mini-HD2 with OMJ's 6.5.3 rom.
lol....well thank you! I swear ppl, I didnt pay him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post
Thanks JQuill, but dang, not the answer I was hoping for, could really use the extra space. Would love to have the call history their but still have two calendar entries.

BTW, I am using OMJs 1.5 ROM with Max Manila 2.5 v2.7.

Here is a screenshot that rstoyguy posted in OMJs Sense 2.5 kitchen showing no operator bar - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=97388&page=98 - Post 976
try PM'ing RStoyguy, he'll have what u need

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisk View Post
Well, I guess I take back what I said about your kitchen earlier .. I keep coming back to your rom...The only other roms I can find are either fast and annoying, or glitchy and easy to use (6.5.x). Yours seems fast and great to use. I Would donate, but I guess you don't want money, unless you wanna PM me about it.

(you probably wont remember but i said your kitchen was bad, and blahblah.)
I do remember, lol....it's all good though....and no, I've never taken a donation, never will.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Reliance India

gadgetcrazy is just getting started

cant save an email address from inbox. it does give the option of saving to people but does not allow me to search the people. all i can key in the box is numerals. May be an issue with ezinput/ compact qwerty i use.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows

mhhd00 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
btw, your zip file only had the 2 wav files....no dll
damnit...
Attached Files
File Type: zip ICR_wavedev_noBEEP.zip (292.2 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development