PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 10:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 11/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Well then perhaps you can explain to me why after removing Opera I had 10mb more space on my device... I'm not here to make stuff up. Try it for yourself and see, then come back and try to call me on bs.
Omnicronx is correct, once something is built into the rom, it cannot be deleted. If something is installed during the customizations, then of course it can be deleted via settings/remove programs. The other way to remove something from the rom, is to use HTCrie to edit the nbh file ... but this must be done before flashing. Bottom line, there are options, but once a rom is flashed, the included files cannot be deleted.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

neo3d is a n00b
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 11/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mre981 View Post
Under Start>Settings>Personal>Input....
There you can change it to the Fingerkeyboard..it wasn't staying on mine though it kept reverting to the default so I installed SIP change..I attached the cab file if you want it.
Hmm, unfortunately, there is no Input listed?

It shows:

Start>Settings>Personal>Buttons
Start>Settings>Personal>Owner Information
Start>Settings>Personal>Phone
Start>Settings>Personal>Voice Command

Any ideas?
Old 11-28-2009, 11:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

AwaKeN is a n00b

Wow i started a big discussion hehe, ithink that OMJ (if he got time) to make a 3rd release with a up to date OS and up to date Manilla, with no artifacts, so like that people wll be able to get the other release if they want or install the light weight one and put whatever they want ! So it will be a fast and clean rom !
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwaKeN View Post
Wow i started a big discussion hehe, ithink that OMJ (if he got time) to make a 3rd release with a up to date OS and up to date Manilla, with no artifacts, so like that people wll be able to get the other release if they want or install the light weight one and put whatever they want ! So it will be a fast and clean rom !
Everyone wanting a clean rom, should give OMJ's kitchen a try. He's made it very easy to use ... even added some instructional notes. Just wade on in, there's plenty of help if you need it. You can cook it as lean and clean as you like.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
Everyone wanting a clean rom, should give OMJ's kitchen a try. He's made it very easy to use ... even added some instructional notes. Just wade on in, there's plenty of help if you need it. You can cook it as lean and clean as you like.
Exactly, hes even has presets setup the way he makes his roms for each SYS. All you have to do is uncheck what you don't want, hes done all the work for you. Hardest thing is changing the pagepool from 6 to 24+ but even thats pretty easy.(or is that a preset too?)
Old 11-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
Well then perhaps you can explain to me why after removing Opera I had 10mb more space on my device... I'm not here to make stuff up. Try it for yourself and see, then come back and try to call me on bs. Omnicronx is correct, once something is built into the rom, it cannot be deleted. If something is installed during the customizations, then of course it can be deleted via settings/remove programs. The other way to remove something from the rom, is to use HTCrie to edit the nbh file ... but this must be done before flashing. Bottom line, there are options, but once a rom is flashed, the included files cannot be deleted.
I realize now what probably happened. You uninstalled the Opera 10 version moved to program files post flash. The original ROM files were still in your windows directory.(these are the files you cannot delete). This was just the way that particular Opera10 EXT package was designed and it will be changed in the next version so you don't have to uninstall. Sorry about that, wasnt trying to pick a fight or anything, most people just don't realize that you cannot delete files that are part of the ROM.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:41 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo3d View Post
Hmm, unfortunately, there is no Input listed?

It shows:

Start>Settings>Personal>Buttons
Start>Settings>Personal>Owner Information
Start>Settings>Personal>Phone
Start>Settings>Personal>Voice Command

Any ideas?
I fixed this in my latest roms, the fix is posted in here somewhere.....here, I found it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I'm not sure if this has been posted, but if you want to re-enable the input menu under Setings>Personal, then delete the 'redirect' key under the following registry entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Input]

If you're like me and use TouchPal and need to get it activated, now you can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
+1, I do plan on removing some of the apps, but not all of them....I cleaned it out last night, probably gained around 20mb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Exactly, hes even has presets setup the way he makes his roms for each SYS. All you have to do is uncheck what you don't want, hes done all the work for you. Hardest thing is changing the pagepool from 6 to 24+ but even thats pretty easy.(or is that a preset too?)
yup, each ROM I have uploaded, I included the save template in the kitchen, just load it, remove or add what ya want & cook it.....easy as pie

Yes, I have the PagePool preset @ 20, but it is very easy to change also
Old 11-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hey OMJ, Do you have any planned new releases in the near future? Just curious, I'm so addicted to your roms, they're awesome!
Old 11-28-2009, 02:02 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapd21 View Post
Hey OMJ, Do you have any planned new releases in the near future? Just curious, I'm so addicted to your roms, they're awesome!
thx....yes, I'm testing one now....trying to get the no HTC Messaging client to work, it still has issues.

I did remove some packages, but added arcsoft for mms....here is the memory details after flash;

storage= 46 mb
program= 108 mb
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:56 PM
N00b
Carrier: Bell Mobility

swammi is just getting started

I use TouchPal as well, and I found if you press the keyboard icon at the bottom of the screen (when it is visible) it will bring up a menu showing all the installed keyboards and allow you to select the one you want. At least it does when I press and hold the 'TP' button...

Hope this helps!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development