PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 03:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mre981 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 11/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
you may have downloaded b4 I re-packaged it

sounds like you may need to hard reset

1- honestly, I dont use most of the extras I have in the rom, so I wouldnt have a problem removing some of them, but I'm sure there's always someone that likes a particular app. Here I'll make a list, if no one objects, I will remove:

-windows live (I know there are alot of ppl that use this)
-windows live IM
-youtube (I know there are alot of ppl that use this)
-fm radio
-clear temp
-my phone (I know there are alot of ppl that use this)
-tellme
-audio booster
-voice recorder
-in call recorder

2- I forgot to mention, part of omnicronix's modified showcase, if you press & HOLD the start icon, the task manager will open.
Please don't remove Windows live, audio booster,fm radio or youtube.....it would make more sense to remove facebook, twitter, cleartemp, myphone,total commander,tell me, marketplace--most of that people can add on their own--i know the fm radio has to be cooked in...I don't know-just my opinion-I guess you can't make EVERYONE happy...just please please please don't take out windows live

Last edited by mre981; 11-27-2009 at 04:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 11/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mre981 View Post
Please don't remove Windows live, audio booster,fm radio or youtube.....it would make more sense to remove facebook, twitter, cleartemp, myphone,total commander,tell me, marketplace--most of that people can add on their own--i know the fm radio has to be cooked in...I don't know-just my opinion-I guess you can't make EVERYONE happy...just please please please don't take out windows live
windows live can be installed via cab easily as well. It will only save to device memory though. so you will be fine if he removes it.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Heres my 2c

-youtube (leave, too many possible problems, leave it up to the cook)
-fm radio(leave can't be cabbed)
-clear temp(not big enough to matter)
-tellme(3M, should definitely be a cab)
-audio booster (could also be cab, almost 2M for something most people don't use)
-voice recorder(not big enough to matter)
-in call recorder(not big enough to matter)

As for these two, I'm also on the fence. Alot of people use myphone to restore their contacts, and a lot of poeple use live.. I don't use either so i could really care less haha, but I don't think you should remove either.
-windows live
-my phone

Using a diff version of Google maps that resides in the windows directory would also save you 2-3M.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:05 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

I don't want to remove something that alot of ppl use, but these apps, I'm pretty sure I will remove:

-tellme (this one has duplicate files due to moving to program files, so it will save like 5 mb
-voice recorder
-in call recorder

also, omnicronix has modified the Opera 10 package that I will be using that will save 10 mb...thx bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Hey OMJ,

Here's another thought in line with the idea of a very standard, light, clean rom, but enitirely up to you of course. Having everything install in the regualr programs folder and then letting ppl arrange it to their own liking either with Total Commander or reStart. I know it can be arranged even with your specific folders it just makes it more standard and generic... just a thought ... (after all, you are well known for being the guy with the cleanest roms around )

While I'm at it...

This should really be in the kitchen thread so feel free to answer over there if ya want. Can you explain where these customizations happen and how I remove them? I know some of them happen in the app.dat of each ext, but i think there is also a start menu .provxml or something somewhere that I don't know how to change (this is still one of the things I have yet to learn)

Thanks!
I'm going to reply in my kitchen thread as it would be more relevant.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=172

Last edited by OMJ; 11-27-2009 at 06:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff

I always remove sprint extras, sprint tv, sprint picmail, and google maps pre-flash. I usualls have about 45 mb free after flash. i install google maps to storage and usually have about 25 mb free after installing my apps. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:30 PM
SL.
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

SL. is becoming a great contributor

yeah, i'd like to see as many apps removed as possible. only one i use that OMJ posted above is MyPhone. having the option to install the cab's of apps a user would use on their own device is great. makes the ROM lighter and (hopefully) more responsive. of course, it's all up to OMJ and i will bow down to all that is done.

Sprint Customer for 4+ Years
SERO 500 : 3 Lines : 20% Loyalty Discount : 1 HTC Diamond : 1 HTC Touch

HTC Diamond :ROM: OMJ Sense
Old 11-27-2009, 08:54 PM
N00b

mre981 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
windows live can be installed via cab easily as well. It will only save to device memory though. so you will be fine if he removes it.
That's true-I had to do that on a previous ROM I had flashed-but I had a constant problem with windows live always popping up and asking for my password due to sign in failure it was a major pain which is part of why I went looking for a different ROM...I just hope he leaves in the stuff like FM Radio that can't be cabbed..I just think the stuff like Facebook and twitter and cleartemp and what not is a waste for people that don't use it--but all that aside..I downloaded the updated one today and I still love this ROM..it's just the best one I've used so far! Keep up the good work man! And I look forward to future updates too...
Old 11-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I like to installl Opera to the storage card. You first have to install it to the device so that it makes the cooked version uninstallable. Then, uninstall it and reinstall to the sc. It saves about 10mb... If you do the same thing with Google Maps, you can save an additional 2-3mb. BTW, the Opera 10 cab available directly from Opera's website runs perfectly from the storage card.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

sisith is keeping up the good worksisith is keeping up the good work

Is anyone else's timestamps on incoming messages off by one hour? I'm on Sprint and everyone I know that uses Sprint comes in 1 hour early...so there messages move up above in the thread. Sometimes they come in at the right time and other times they come in 1 hour early...any way to fix this?
Old 11-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Telus

Wond3r is becoming a great contributor

To everyone saying this and that app should be removed... why not build your own rom with the kitchen?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development