PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

adaptivesp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Downloaded and running the 2.5/23504 version of the ROM. After the hang on install, I reset the phone and it came back up. Had to manually install some apps, Facebook and GoogleMaps. Seems to be working fine, though.

There may be other things that I am missing, but havent noticed.

Thanks NRG!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

erickbryce is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to erickbryce
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; ; ) Opera 9.7)

Just to break this down because it's not as bad as it seems. when the initialboot gets to the UC step it stops when a file it's told next to handle is not their to handle. At this point the ROM is flashed it's not a flash hang so soft resting will finish the boot just without customization. to finish this manually without editing the config info just go into the Windows folder and look for 1.cab 2.cab 3.cab etc unless he's changed the naming convention. this should pickup where UC left off. However the cabs are bundled so there is a possibility that one of the three (the one that wants to install google maps) will give you an error, but probably not.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickbryce View Post

Just to break this down because it's not as bad as it seems. when the initialboot gets to the UC step it stops when a file it's told next to handle is not their to handle. At this point the ROM is flashed it's not a flash hang so soft resting will finish the boot just without customization. to finish this manually without editing the config info just go into the Windows folder and look for 1.cab 2.cab 3.cab etc unless he's changed the naming convention. this should pickup where UC left off. However the cabs are bundled so there is a possibility that one of the three (the one that wants to install google maps) will give you an error, but probably not.
googlemaps was a separate cab so it shouldnt hang again if you follow the above instructions.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickbryce View Post

I'm a little confused. Can you explain this a little further? Which Cab do you start with? How do you know what cabs have been installed and what cabs still need to be installed? Man oh Man I've been looking forward to this rom and just want it to work so badly. Help please!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work

2.5 is really nice, but the main home tab is too busy... is there a way to eliminate the calendar view or the quick launch buttons from the home tab?

edit: great rom by the way, minus the google maps thing...
Old 11-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch diamond
Carrier: Telus

nickson5 is a n00b

After I install cab1 cab2 cab3 Quickmenu.cab will it be all setup correctly with presets like the manila2.1 version of this rom?

is it normal that the task bar remains Portrait while in landscape?

Last edited by nickson5; 11-10-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Also, are there any other cabs that I need to install other than the 1,2,3 cabs?
Old 11-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium

Great ROM NRG! After adding in all my apps incl google maps n opera, still have 27MB of free space!

EDIT: Uh oh, texting is broken again using 21864 btw

Last edited by cesium; 11-10-2009 at 02:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:00 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Tsk tsk, sorry to be bugging... anyone yet have august 11 old manila download? I Really want it back and had to reformat my pc due to outage in power so yeah thanks! btw trying out this 21864 is 6.5 for now, will post results.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

NRG posted a link for a cab on twitter to fix the botton row of the Dialer. I guess it affects VGA roms. Anyone's dialer messed up on the latest diamond rom?

The link is http://digs.by/kUM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development