PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** || Built Sep 20 ||Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai4281 View Post
Anyone experiencing worse battery life compared to earlier builds? I'm running the Sep 20 build right now... I just want to know if it's me or if it's a universal issue that people are experiencing.
I most definitely am. Im losing an extra 10-20% over a day compared to before
Old 09-26-2009, 11:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: sprint

jmoropeza is a n00b
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** || Built Sep 20 ||Manila 2.1

i love you! lol no seriously i worship your roms idk why htc doesnt hit u up and use ur roms as stock roms. will you have a leo rom for the diamond on the cdma diamond like you have for the rhodium anytime soon?
Old 09-27-2009, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoropeza View Post
i love you! lol no seriously i worship your roms idk why htc doesnt hit u up and use ur roms as stock roms. will you have a leo rom for the diamond on the cdma diamond like you have for the rhodium anytime soon?
Probably won't happen unless someone ports over Manila 2.5. The native resolution of our Diamonds is different than the HTC Leo, so everything would have to be re-sized. He doesn't have to re-size it on the HTC Rhodium because it has the same native resolution. I think someone over at xda is working on a port, but its in early beta, maybe even alpha stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium View Post
I most definitely am. Im losing an extra 10-20% over a day compared to before
Yeah this revision is definitely a battery drainer, but I found my battery life increase dramatically when Google mail implemented push mail. If you don't have push and want longer battery life, change the polling interval to 6 hours or so and you should see a nice increase in battery life.

The low battery life definitely has to do with the data connection and if you want, you can even use Diamond Tweak to disconnect data after x amount of inactivity. I usually set mine to 15 minutes.

I also think most of us are starting to experience failing batteries. The HTC Diamond has been out for a year now and use Lithium-ion batteries. Li-ion batteries are light and don't suffer from 'memory effect' BUT they do have horrible cycle life. Basically what I'm getting at is it is probably time for everyone to buy a new battery if you haven't done so already.

Last edited by robsta; 09-27-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: unknown

Randy954 is a n00b

I have two questions now..
First one is how do i send ringtones via mms? (newb question im sure)

Second one is. how do i get my sprint nav to work? I have the service and when i put either telus or sprint nav on it only gives me a two day trial when i get the pin from them? Someone said if i put both of them on at the same time they it will work? Please help I need navigation ASAP!!!

btw when i had the stock sprint rom the nav worked fine..
Old 09-27-2009, 11:07 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsta View Post
Probably won't happen unless someone ports over Manila 2.5. The native resolution of our Diamonds is different than the HTC Leo, so everything would have to be re-sized. He doesn't have to re-size it on the HTC Rhodium because it has the same native resolution. I think someone over at xda is working on a port, but its in early beta, maybe even alpha stage.

Yeah this revision is definitely a battery drainer, but I found my battery life increase dramatically when Google mail implemented push mail. If you don't have push and want longer battery life, change the polling interval to 6 hours or so and you should see a nice increase in battery life.

The low battery life definitely has to do with the data connection and if you want, you can even use Diamond Tweak to disconnect data after x amount of inactivity. I usually set mine to 15 minutes.

I also think most of us are starting to experience failing batteries. The HTC Diamond has been out for a year now and use Lithium-ion batteries. Li-ion batteries are light and don't suffer from 'memory effect' BUT they do have horrible cycle life. Basically what I'm getting at is it is probably time for everyone to buy a new battery if you haven't done so already.

Two things here:

1) A VGA 2.5 port is almost complete, actually.

2) There is an app over at XDA, not sure on the name, but there is rumor that Windows Mobile actually uses only a certain part of the battery due to poor conditioning, and you'll only use that part of the Li-Ion battery instead of the whole thing, this app conditions your battery and fixes the issue.

I'll let you know if i think of the name.

Donate if you like my work!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Diamond: HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by intx
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsta View Post

Two things here:

2) There is an app over at XDA, not sure on the name, but there is rumor that Windows Mobile actually uses only a certain part of the battery due to poor conditioning, and you'll only use that part of the Li-Ion battery instead of the whole thing, this app conditions your battery and fixes the issue.

Really? That is going to be so sweet, I can't wait!

Yea let me know if you find that battery conditioning app. I'm sure a lot of people could use it.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Diamond: HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

accident double post, please delete

Last edited by robsta; 09-28-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

ChansteR390 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by intx View Post
Two things here:

Are you guys talking about Mobadi?

There is actually a thread here about it:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69762
Old 09-28-2009, 03:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: unknown

Randy954 is a n00b

have two questions now..
First one is how do i send ringtones via mms? (newb question im sure)

Second one is, how do i get my sprint nav to work? I have the service and when i put either telus or sprint nav on it only gives me a two day trial when i get the pin from them? Someone said if i put both of them on at the same time they it will work? Please help I need navigation ASAP!!!

btw when i had the stock sprint rom the nav worked fine..
Old 09-28-2009, 12:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: SPCS

davidoff is a n00b

How do I turn off the vibration I get every time I hit a hard button on the phone? I've searched all over the place. Thanks.

Last edited by davidoff; 09-28-2009 at 12:59 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development