View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 11:07 PM
intx
intx is the sexiest VIP

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** || Built Sep 20 ||Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsta View Post
Probably won't happen unless someone ports over Manila 2.5. The native resolution of our Diamonds is different than the HTC Leo, so everything would have to be re-sized. He doesn't have to re-size it on the HTC Rhodium because it has the same native resolution. I think someone over at xda is working on a port, but its in early beta, maybe even alpha stage.

Yeah this revision is definitely a battery drainer, but I found my battery life increase dramatically when Google mail implemented push mail. If you don't have push and want longer battery life, change the polling interval to 6 hours or so and you should see a nice increase in battery life.

The low battery life definitely has to do with the data connection and if you want, you can even use Diamond Tweak to disconnect data after x amount of inactivity. I usually set mine to 15 minutes.

I also think most of us are starting to experience failing batteries. The HTC Diamond has been out for a year now and use Lithium-ion batteries. Li-ion batteries are light and don't suffer from 'memory effect' BUT they do have horrible cycle life. Basically what I'm getting at is it is probably time for everyone to buy a new battery if you haven't done so already.

Two things here:

1) A VGA 2.5 port is almost complete, actually.

2) There is an app over at XDA, not sure on the name, but there is rumor that Windows Mobile actually uses only a certain part of the battery due to poor conditioning, and you'll only use that part of the Li-Ion battery instead of the whole thing, this app conditions your battery and fixes the issue.

I'll let you know if i think of the name.

Donate if you like my work!
This post has been thanked 1 times.