PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

farhaat2007 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** || Built Aug 11 || w Manila

I was wondering if NFS works with the "old manila" rom, bc it doesnt work with tf2.1. I keep getting a memory issue.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Diamond

benoahriz is a n00b
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** || Built Aug 11 || w Manila

more info on the exchange problem. If I manually initiate active sync on the phone it downloads mail fine.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

occhris is a n00b

I'm having a different issue using exchange. Assuming most people here don't use exchange to sync their mail, or else they might have already seen this issue.

The actual problem is not with exchange, but my employer policy enforces the device to be locked down with a passwords after the 1st active sync. In other words, the device will lock-out every 1 hour of inactivity. You will be prompted to type in a password to unlock the device, and after 8 attempts, the device will hard reset.

So here's the problem, about 2-3 days into running the ROM, I had an issue where I turned on the screen of the phone and I was presented with the lock screen. The screen was the one that normally comes with Windows mobile, not the skinned theme skin built into this rom. I could not type in my password as the phone seemed to be unresponsive. I unplugged the battery and replaced it to do a reset, and the phone proceeded with a hard reset.

This issue is really an important one for me, as I can't disable the locking policy and I can't keep doing a hard reset every few days.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond

hc1001 is a n00b

Problems during calls...

anyone having problems? sometimes when i'm in a call and the screen shuts off, im not able to get it back on. pressing the top button, holding the top button down, hanging up, pressing volume doesnt do anything. Only thing i can do is remove the battery to restart the phone.
i also have problems with the phone cancelling phone calls i am making. lets say i called a contact but decided to cancel the call by using the hangup hardbutton or the on screen end call. the screen that is displayed when ur in a call goes away and im back at the contact s list. i hear someone saying "hello" and realized it did not end the call.

Also getting a lot of locking up when writing text messages, it will freeze for a couple seconds. it finishes typing the word out tho. if i type in "hello" it will show "he" and the on screen display will show the E was pressed and the whole phone freezes. after a couple seconds, it will resume and "hello" is typed out.

most of these problems happen randomly like 3-5 times daily.

i've tried reflashing. i was just wondering if anyone else had the same problems. i didnt have these problems b4 the manila 2.1 update.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

htowngator is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc1001 View Post
Problems during calls...

anyone having problems? sometimes when i'm in a call and the screen shuts off, im not able to get it back on. pressing the top button, holding the top button down, hanging up, pressing volume doesnt do anything. Only thing i can do is remove the battery to restart the phone.
i also have problems with the phone cancelling phone calls i am making. lets say i called a contact but decided to cancel the call by using the hangup hardbutton or the on screen end call. the screen that is displayed when ur in a call goes away and im back at the contact s list. i hear someone saying "hello" and realized it did not end the call.

Also getting a lot of locking up when writing text messages, it will freeze for a couple seconds. it finishes typing the word out tho. if i type in "hello" it will show "he" and the on screen display will show the E was pressed and the whole phone freezes. after a couple seconds, it will resume and "hello" is typed out.

most of these problems happen randomly like 3-5 times daily.

i've tried reflashing. i was just wondering if anyone else had the same problems. i didnt have these problems b4 the manila 2.1 update.
Yes, this happens a lot to me. Also, the phone will completely disregard the hardware buttons to end a call.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond

hc1001 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowngator View Post
Yes, this happens a lot to me. Also, the phone will completely disregard the hardware buttons to end a call.
Thanks H-town for confirming.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond/TP2

atrn271 is keeping up the good workatrn271 is keeping up the good work

I had the same problem. I actually like to have my screen on during a call instead of it switching off. What I did was go into Utilities/Tweaks/InCall Power Manager, bottom tab Options and clicked the "Always On" option. Have not had any problems since.

However I did disable the Tachi Dialer (I really do hate that dialer and I don't know why) and put in Juggalo's Black Slide to Answer dialer so that might have an effect on it as well.

Last edited by atrn271; 08-24-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sjh858 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to sjh858

I am having the keyboard freezing issue as well. I will start typing, it will freeze. I just keep on typing and ignore the freeze, and it always follows up with the completed text message... but still aggravating. It also freezes when I play solitaire.

Another issue I have is the last option on 6.5 main screen. It has the Internet Explorer and if you slide horizontally it gives you the options to 'add a program'... I go in and there is no way to add anything and is basically a useless function, especially since I do not use IE at all.

My exchange works fine, and I have never seen the 'lock button' that has been described.

Another issue is when I am in a call, and want to do some navigating on the phone, it will allow me to turn the screen on, but it will shut right off, then I turn it back on, it will stay on for a few moments, then back to black.

Overall I really like the GUI on this ROM and most functionality is there. Mostly just minor bugs that if fixed would make this the perfect ROM IMHO. Great Job!
Old 08-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

WarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc1001 View Post
Problems during calls...

Yeah, I'm having those types of problems. I've had a few calls freeze up the screen and not let me hang up the phone (or do anything else). I've also had the dialer black out the screen after only about a 2 second delay (rather than 30 seconds or whatever).
Old 08-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hey guys, looks like Calcu has posted an oem for b4all for tf2.1! http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=8351

good news. Hopefully we will see this implemented in future releases! Just wanted to let you know since a lot of us wanted this. by the way, this is not a cab so it will need to put into NRG's kitchen.
Hey guys, as a followup to the post, I tried this oem in another kitchen to see how it worked. It does offer bg4all which is good but has some drawbacks as well. First, the landscape view is messed up now with wallpapers only covered half the screen. The other issue is sometimes wallpapers will overlap one another(not too often though). I think it's a nice addition and probably will get better over time. Plus I would hope this will eventually be made into a cab so we can install it to roms without adding it to a kitchen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development