PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SteveBoat is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 8/14/09 - ROM | Kitchen | SYS - WM 6.5 23028,21840 - Generic | All Carriers -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
I really dislike the dialer (WinMo standard I believe) use in the 23025 ROM, anyone have any suggestions for a different one that works well?

Dave
The Tachi Dialer V2d by Mike Knoop was working pretty well in earlier builds - up through 23016. I haven't tried it with 23028. It looks nice and there are different skins available.

You can get it here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70574
Old 08-17-2009, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

SteveBoat is just getting started
Re: 8/14/09 - ROM | Kitchen | SYS - WM 6.5 23028,21840 - Generic | All Carriers -

I've been using 23028 and like it a lot with the finger friendly enhancements. The things I'm noticing are:
1. In contacts, I no longer have the alphabetical index that runs down the right side. I can get the alphabet grouping option at the top but there's an (unneeded) scroll bar down the right side. The scroll bar also seems to work backwards. It's easier to just scroll the screen without using the bar.
2. Also, when adding or editing contacts the extra space is nice but almost too much and the labels seem to be off from the edit line. The UI goes kind of wacky when trying to enter text or numbers. It's hard to describe but it is hard to edit.
3. I like how you can access the toolbar at the top but miss having the task manager. I know it's in Settings/System but it was handy having it available from the Today screen.

Anyway, I know it's beta but thought I'd pass my comments on.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

In reference to your comment #3 about the taskbar, I notice that the task button overlaps the time in the upper right corner. I'd love to correct that. Otherwise, I love the 23028 sys!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBoat View Post
I've been using 23028 and like it a lot with the finger friendly enhancements. The things I'm noticing are:
1. In contacts, I no longer have the alphabetical index that runs down the right side. I can get the alphabet grouping option at the top but there's an (unneeded) scroll bar down the right side. The scroll bar also seems to work backwards. It's easier to just scroll the screen without using the bar.
2. Also, when adding or editing contacts the extra space is nice but almost too much and the labels seem to be off from the edit line. The UI goes kind of wacky when trying to enter text or numbers. It's hard to describe but it is hard to edit.
3. I like how you can access the toolbar at the top but miss having the task manager. I know it's in Settings/System but it was handy having it available from the Today screen.

Anyway, I know it's beta but thought I'd pass my comments on.
the best you can hope for right now is one of 2 options:

1) install Clauncher (or settings or games) and have task manager as an item, that way its easily accessible thru your today screen

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=514490

2) edit the registry to have your right softkey be your task manager (instead of comm manager) so while on your today just press the bottom right and get your task manager to open/close progs.

the main reason I won't use the new finger friendly builds is because no htc task manager as I am constantly switching between programs, but either option listed above could be a fix until they work out the bugs, till then I'm going to stick with 23016 or 21840 (when reeseboy re-uploads the fixed build)
Old 08-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

stank is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post

2) edit the registry to have your right softkey be your task manager (instead of comm manager) so while on your today just press the bottom right and get your task manager to open/close progs.
That's exactly what I did, but I installed Showcase task manager and mapped my right soft key to that - i like Showcase better for task switching anyway...
Old 08-18-2009, 11:01 AM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by stank View Post
That's exactly what I did, but I installed Showcase task manager and mapped my right soft key to that - i like Showcase better for task switching anyway...
I haven't used showcase, maybe ill check it out. I don't like the other task manager
Old 08-18-2009, 11:10 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm sorry I've been gone. It looks like life is just too busy for now to keep up. I was trying to keep up with the scene but it appears that I'm gonna have to back out for a few weeks.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
I'm sorry I've been gone. It looks like life is just too busy for now to keep up. I was trying to keep up with the scene but it appears that I'm gonna have to back out for a few weeks.
no worries, we'll look forward to your triumphant return. We just log on here and DL the latest rom and don't sit back and think of all the work it takes to get each build uploaded every couple of days. Life is what it is.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBoat View Post
The Tachi Dialer V2d by Mike Knoop was working pretty well in earlier builds - up through 23016. I haven't tried it with 23028. It looks nice and there are different skins available.

You can get it here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70574
No, I tried that, and it won't install. Thanks for the effort though.

Dave
Old 08-20-2009, 01:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND

hasseye is just getting started

build 23403 is out...anyone port this over to CDMA yet?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development