PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 09:20 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 8/13/09 - ROM | Kitchen | SYS - WM 6.5 23025,21840 - Generic | All Carriers -

Well it seems to have worked just fine using Reeseboys kitchen. I know its based off of calks but i have everything set up how i like it in calks. I guess I can just add the oems I want one by one into reeseboys until a problem comes up. Thanks for the help guys.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 08-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: 8/13/09 - ROM | Kitchen | SYS - WM 6.5 23025,21840 - Generic | All Carriers -

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Well it seems to have worked just fine using Reeseboys kitchen. I know its based off of calks but i have everything set up how i like it in calks. I guess I can just add the oems I want one by one into reeseboys until a problem comes up. Thanks for the help guys.
Good luck!

Have you thought about uploading your rom?
Old 08-14-2009, 09:46 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Good luck!

Have you thought about uploading your rom?
I figured there were so many out, wasnt my place.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:54 AM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
I figured there were so many out, wasnt my place.
There are a few of them on the diamond cdma upgrade forums, but as far as I know there is only one that has barebones 6.5 with no tf3d and not a whole lot of unneeded programs taking up space on the device storage, and that is reeseboy's. Not to mention the most stable with every build.

It all depends, but I'm always looking to see any new roms that come up and what people come up with, believe it or not it helps. I think it would be good for the community if you did, it wouldn't really clutter the forums and people can give you feedback on improvements.

There aren't actually that many roms to choose from on cdma diamonds on ppcgeeks. and no one is using 23025 except drb so if you up one with that sys at least we'd have two.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:05 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
There are a few of them on the diamond cdma upgrade forums, but as far as I know there is only one that has barebones 6.5 with no tf3d and not a whole lot of unneeded programs taking up space on the device storage, and that is reeseboy's. Not to mention the most stable with every build.

It all depends, but I'm always looking to see any new roms that come up and what people come up with, believe it or not it helps. I think it would be good for the community if you did, it wouldn't really clutter the forums and people can give you feedback on improvements.

There aren't actually that many roms to choose from on cdma diamonds on ppcgeeks. and no one is using 23025 except drb so if you up one with that sys at least we'd have two.
Cool. Ill see what I can come up with.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:23 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I can say from experience its fun to share the rom you made for yourself and get opinions on it. It will only improve what you have.

As far as the task manager goes, no I didn't have a chance to re-cook. And now da_g has shared 23028 so I'm getting started on it. I'll try the task manager in it and see what happens.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:28 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
I can say from experience its fun to share the rom you made for yourself and get opinions on it. It will only improve what you have.

As far as the task manager goes, no I didn't have a chance to re-cook. And now da_g has shared 23028 so I'm getting started on it. I'll try the task manager in it and see what happens.
Yeah, my only issue is that i dont know how to make themes. I now how to make my rom look good after it is installed but i want to do more graphically, otherwise mine will just look like everyone elses. I have done a thorough search on how to edit .tsk files but the only thing i have come up with is ThemeGen and unfortunately it messes with the menu colors.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post

I should have known that if there was something I didn't like about the rom I'd have a new sys to work with in 2 days anyways...

What are you going to do when the official release comes out? Get ready to start putting out wm7 roms I guess.

btw, where do these sys files come from, who actually updates and releases them, does it come from microsoft or what?
Old 08-14-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Yeah, my only issue is that i dont know how to make themes. I now how to make my rom look good after it is installed but i want to do more graphically, otherwise mine will just look like everyone elses. I have done a thorough search on how to edit .tsk files but the only thing i have come up with is ThemeGen and unfortunately it messes with the menu colors.
Ill tell you the last thing I care about when downloading a rom is the theme, the first thing I do when I flash it is change the theme, so I wouldn't worry about that. It's more about which programs you use, how stable it is, what settings you have, if you use or don't use tf3d... usually the things that HAVE to be cooked into the rom.

Trust me even if you use htc black as your theme it will be different from everyone else's based on everything else. If someone is knowledgeable enough to flash a rom on their phone they probably already know what theme they want to use anyways.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:49 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
I should have known that if there was something I didn't like about the rom I'd have a new sys to work with in 2 days anyways...

What are you going to do when the official release comes out? Get ready to start putting out wm7 roms I guess.

btw, where do these sys files come from, who actually updates and releases them, does it come from microsoft or what?
I'm honestly not sure how da_g gets them. I just know I can count on him

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development