PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 01:38 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: [061709] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21815 (Build 21815.5.0.5) -- [Diamond ROM & Kitc

For some reason whenever I add in your groove S2A & the Phone - PhoneCanvas 3.40.33475.0 OEM I'm getting BuildOS.exe errors.
I'm tired... so maybe I'm missing something. I thought that the version I was using would give me your nice modified HTC dialer pad. I took this one out of the 6/14 OEM Base (the 6/16 Base gave the same errors).

Old 06-19-2009, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus Canada

ai4281 is a n00b
Re: [061709] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21815 (Build 21815.5.0.5) -- [Diamond ROM & Kitc

I don't know if it's just me, but I seem to have real bad luck with 6.5 roms... They all run great for one day, and then they all break

With grooveROM 5, I had 2 occasions where the phone would freeze on Titanium and 1 occasion where the screen wouldn't go past the Touch Diamond boot screen.

I thought there might be something wrong with my phone, but it runs great with the stock rom...

I have a Telus Touch Diamond btw. Any other Telus users having similar issues?
Old 06-19-2009, 08:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

mercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Can anyone tell me how I might get the default WM 6.5 comm manager screen back (as opposed to the Sprint-ified old-style WM 6.1 version)? I prefer it and in other ROMs I'd just modify the registry to let me go there from the Chome Clock right soft key.

I'd replace Communication Manager with MSWRLSMGR. I tried that with grooveROM 061609, but it seems like that file is missing. I also tried searching for the file in the SSK kitchen I'd used before, but it must be built into some package since I can't seem to find it anywhere. Any ideas?

Hit me with some THANKS!

Last edited by mercado79; 06-19-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond Touch
Carrier: Telus

icutzo is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to icutzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai4281 View Post
I don't know if it's just me, but I seem to have real bad luck with 6.5 roms... They all run great for one day, and then they all break

With grooveROM 5, I had 2 occasions where the phone would freeze on Titanium and 1 occasion where the screen wouldn't go past the Touch Diamond boot screen.

I thought there might be something wrong with my phone, but it runs great with the stock rom...

I have a Telus Touch Diamond btw. Any other Telus users having similar issues?
To flash to a 6.5 rom follow those steps and you will have a 99% chance of succeding. It has worked for me and I just could not flash from a 6.1 to a 6.5 rom . I would always get errors and it would get stuck at the boot screen. Following those steps fixed all my flashing problems.

1- Flash back to the stock rom

2- when it asks you to tap the screen to start customization STOP THERE! Don't do anything.

3- Now start the flashing process with your 6.5 rom and once you get to the "tap the screen to start customizing...." go for it. (Yes Activesync will still be connected to your phone even though it did not detect your phone)

4- Optionally you can clear storage after the 6.5 rom has finished customizing and loaded correctly.

I've noticed that doing that will get you pa ssed most problems flashing to a 6.5 rom.

Hope it helps

Carrier : Telus
Phone : HTC Diamond

Running on :
Old 06-19-2009, 11:21 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
For some reason whenever I add in your groove S2A & the Phone - PhoneCanvas 3.40.33475.0 OEM I'm getting BuildOS.exe errors.
I'm tired... so maybe I'm missing something. I thought that the version I was using would give me your nice modified HTC dialer pad. I took this one out of the 6/14 OEM Base (the 6/16 Base gave the same errors).
You prolly still have the Tachi OEMs in your kitchen. Pull them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercado79 View Post
Can anyone tell me how I might get the default WM 6.5 comm manager screen back (as opposed to the Sprint-ified old-style WM 6.1 version)? I prefer it and in other ROMs I'd just modify the registry to let me go there from the Chome Clock right soft key.

I'd replace Communication Manager with MSWRLSMGR. I tried that with grooveROM 061609, but it seems like that file is missing. I also tried searching for the file in the SSK kitchen I'd used before, but it must be built into some package since I can't seem to find it anywhere. Any ideas?
WRLSMGR is in the windows folder.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

mercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks Inda. I guess the file name changed between SYS updates... Or maybe Scott had changed it to include MS in front of it. Either way, I really appreciate your help!
Old 06-19-2009, 02:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

dpiantino is a n00b

Since upgrading from 061209 with sms cab fix; My phone constantly freezes when I open my text messages. The phone actually recovered this time as I'm typing. It took about 2 min. I'm on the latest build now. It happened with 609 also. Anyone else have this problem? I did the usual flash to shipped, then to 6.5. I restore my messages with MyPhone and sync after every rom upgrade. I don't know if something on the MyPhone backup is causing it.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:48 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiantino View Post
Since upgrading from 061209 with sms cab fix; My phone constantly freezes when I open my text messages. The phone actually recovered this time as I'm typing. It took about 2 min. I'm on the latest build now. It happened with 609 also. Anyone else have this problem? I did the usual flash to shipped, then to 6.5. I restore my messages with MyPhone and sync after every rom upgrade. I don't know if something on the MyPhone backup is causing it.
Are you sure it's when you're opening Text Messages or could it be happening when you start typing in a name and get a drop-down list in the To: field?
This seems to be a known issue with the previous two builds. I can confirm that it's fixed witht the new 21815 SYS. I just opened Text Messages and created a new message- it's now even quicker than before.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:23 PM
N00b

dpiantino is a n00b

If you are on the main screen and tap on text. It takes you to a list of past texts. I tap on one to view it, but when I tap the "x" in the top right corner everything is frozen. It just happened again. I can create and send a text just fine.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:25 PM
N00b

dpiantino is a n00b

It seems to recover after about three minutes and allowing the screen to turn off, but until then the phone is useless

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development