View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 08:57 AM
icutzo
N00b

icutzo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to icutzo
Re: [061709] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21815 (Build 21815.5.0.5) -- [Diamond ROM & Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai4281 View Post
I don't know if it's just me, but I seem to have real bad luck with 6.5 roms... They all run great for one day, and then they all break

With grooveROM 5, I had 2 occasions where the phone would freeze on Titanium and 1 occasion where the screen wouldn't go past the Touch Diamond boot screen.

I thought there might be something wrong with my phone, but it runs great with the stock rom...

I have a Telus Touch Diamond btw. Any other Telus users having similar issues?
To flash to a 6.5 rom follow those steps and you will have a 99% chance of succeding. It has worked for me and I just could not flash from a 6.1 to a 6.5 rom . I would always get errors and it would get stuck at the boot screen. Following those steps fixed all my flashing problems.

1- Flash back to the stock rom

2- when it asks you to tap the screen to start customization STOP THERE! Don't do anything.

3- Now start the flashing process with your 6.5 rom and once you get to the "tap the screen to start customizing...." go for it. (Yes Activesync will still be connected to your phone even though it did not detect your phone)

4- Optionally you can clear storage after the 6.5 rom has finished customizing and loaded correctly.

I've noticed that doing that will get you pa ssed most problems flashing to a 6.5 rom.

Hope it helps

Carrier : Telus
Phone : HTC Diamond

Running on :